TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Without further ado... Six Flags New England's 10th Roller Coaster has been named GOTHAM CITY GAUNTLET ESCAPE FROM ARKHAM ASYLUM! Stay tuned for more details on our official website.

And from the website:

Six Flags New England scores a perfect 10. We're adding a 10th coaster to our amazing arsenal of thrill rides that includes top attractions like Bizarro, the #1 steel coaster. Our newest coaster, Gotham City Gauntlet Escape from Arkham Asylum opens in April.

Tap into your villainous side as you attempt to escape from Arkham Asylum; home of Gotham City's criminally insane. Board the four-person coaster cars and start a five-story climb towards the sky. Once you reach the top of the lift hill, your world is sent spinning and twirling through a maze of 17 hairpin turns, winding twists and turns and unexpected dips.Careening along 1,213 feet of track, this all new coaster adventure will delight thrill seekers of every age.

http://www.sixflags.com/newEngland/rides/GothamCityGauntlet.aspx

I can't wait for some more details later. This was the long rumored name so its good to see it confirmed!

1795505156_Screenshot2011-02-07at9_07_23AM.png.fae8e839495cedfebb75fa1e6e3a4a49.png

They probably meant 17 tight turns, and have never actually used a hairpin. 17 sounds about right for total turns:

90° turn at bottom of lift

90° turn at top of lift

180° turn #1

180° turn #2

180° turn #3

180° turn #4

180° turn #5

180° turn #6

270° descending turn

90° turn at end of straightaway

90° turn into large drop

90° turn out of large drop

90° turn into s-curve

S-curve into bunny hills

90° turn out of bunny hills

90° turn into brakes

90° turn out of brakes

You'd think they were paying $100K a word with that name, Gauntlet will do me just fine. With all those hairpin bends, maybe they should have called it "Batman's Upper Intestine Ride: A Colonospic Adventure". The name sounds like a Haunt Maze.

I remember this at SFKK, it sucker punched me a few times there. If I recall correctly the theming wasn't bad there, well, for Six Flags. I will count this as a new credit, for the record.

• 3 weeks later...

NEW FOR 2011

All New Stage Version of SURVIVOR™

to Debut at Six Flags New England

Six Flags New England, is introducing the ultimate interactive experience based on the EMMY® Award-winning show, SURVIVOR. The reality show that launched a cultural phenomenon is coming to Six Flags New England in an all new, spectacular stage show - SURVIVOR LIVE. This exciting production debuts Memorial Day weekend.

“We are pleased to bring the thrills and excitement of SURVIVOR LIVE to our guests,” said Jason Freeman, Six Flags New England park president. “We predict this show will become an instant crowd favorite.”

A joint effort between Six Flags Entertainment Corporation, CBS Consumer Products and New York-based entertainment company RWS and Associates, SURVIVOR LIVE puts guests’ minds and bodies to the ultimate test as audience members compete in contests designed to challenge their endurance, memory and strength. This interactive, thrill-packed show features music, choreography, state-of-the-art sets and lavish costumes. Players who have what it takes to outwit, outplay and outlast all the others will have a chance to win a pair of tickets to see SURVIVOR’s season finale live.

“In the comfort of our living rooms, we all wonder if we could confront the elements, win the challenges, find the idols and survive SURVIVOR,” said Liz Kalodner, Executive Vice President and General Manager of CBS Consumer Products. “Now, SURVIVOR LIVE at Six Flags gives fans the chance to compete and experience SURVIVOR in person as fellow audience members battle it out on stage.”

SURVIVOR, now in its 22nd season on CBS, is one of the most popular reality shows in television history. In the groundbreaking show, contestants are stranded in a remote location and divided into tribes who compete against each other in various physical and mental challenges, with the losing team forced to vote a member of their own tribe off the island. The goal is to outwit, outplay and outlast the other contestants to be the last man/woman standing and win the title of Sole Survivor and a $1 million prize.

http://www.sixflags.com/newEngland/entertainment/SURVIVORLive.aspx

I don't know, I actually kind of think it will work and be succesful for just this one season.

The show is a traveling show and its been put on in other parts of the country. I believe it was at Frontier City, Elitch Gardens, and Darien Lake. I found a short video of it on YouTube, it looks promising...

• 4 weeks later...
^^Are we sure that it is Topper Track and not just normal re-tracking? All the pictures I saw seemed ambiguous about which was happening. Could you tell it was indeed Topper Track?

It didn't look like regular track. I only got a quick glance at it but it looked just like the track that was installed on Tremors or whatever coaster got the topper track. It was also said that Rocky Mountain was at the park a few days ago.