TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

On 2/8/2022 at 3:01 PM, Canobie Coaster said:

So didn't Twister.  Maybe it's just the area.  🤣

They need to move those dumpsters behind the ride area. The smell literally seeped into the restraints for Twister and they always smelled like vomit. Never rode Fireball but I'm sure it eventually got to be the same way. Having dumpsters ~20 feet from a ride is such a Six Flags move.

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2022 at 2:47 PM, Zand said:

https://www.wwlp.com/news/local-news/six-flags-new-england-opening-with-new-experiences/

I guess when you remove 2 rides, adding 2 new bars is a good consolation prize. 

I’m all for general improvements this year. There’s a lot that needs to be updated at the park. Goliath coming down was obviously planned. Although not very popular Fireball’s exit wasn’t expected until the storm took it out. My guess is SFNE will see CrackAxle Canyon get a steampunk update in 2023. Possibly the park’s next new coaster in the Goliath and, depending on size, Flashback area for 2023 or 2024.

• 4 weeks later...

Went to opening day last Saturday.  Weather was all over the place from sunny to thunder & lightning with hail during the day.  Had a great time and did see several improvements with landscaping, fresh paint and a great looking new large sign out front.  They have selfie spots throughout the park, a backdrop for pics on Main Street and other general improvements.  Macho Nacho is gone and replaced with Hot Head Burritos. Fireballs sign is still there but walled off and other than the station Goliath is completely gone. Overall operations were pretty smooth and it was one of the better opening days that I can remember.

367CF109-E709-4A5C-A265-05FABE47924E.thumb.jpeg.815884e4776ddf0ad70e7d2def101db1.jpeg

New Sign By Entrance.

86D281FC-8DF2-4FE2-A5B8-EA6C32EB08B2.thumb.jpeg.90789dce36b0bb569a458d7fa0627b0a.jpeg

New Photo Spot On Main Street.

B0876B3A-E6BC-4BD3-A0C1-5269286493FF.thumb.jpeg.4f78494eda6cafea351139dd975c22c0.jpeg

Currently What’s Left Of Fireball.

95F3C8C8-6690-45D9-AD54-2FC4386C6035.thumb.jpeg.b4ba2f26db4419cf740e85a5c42b720a.jpeg

Former Location Of Goliath. 

10A774F4-D152-440A-8AB2-A7B1E8F554F2.thumb.jpeg.95b75536e316ede7ea065c5beef95af0.jpeg

3764F721-CE6B-4DBB-AFE7-E46FDE652A27.thumb.jpeg.20cabadf46fc6f9c3a2c37be1e936fc8.jpeg

2F1DC971-8057-4176-B7EC-A9D0AEDACFA5.thumb.jpeg.bfd31bfa0a2336df1a947b095c66f0e0.jpeg

504E015D-1F49-401E-8DB9-D48E0EA04EDC.thumb.jpeg.ea9dcf7233fb75acb334311e76d22821.jpeg

When The Weather Was Good!

• Like 2

Man, it's so weird to just see that big empty plot of land in the middle of that prime real estate. I know Goliath typically didn't run much at all, but it really drew your eye. Here's hoping they figure out something to go there sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Never rode Goliath and never will!  I always wanted to go back to the park to ride it.  It was a real eye catcher and unique.  Too bad they couldn't run it on a regular basis just like Silverwood can run Aftershock.

Nice day today at the park…..first trip this season and weather was great and crowds were manageable……we live close enough and pay enough monthly that getting there for opening isn’t a thing so we arrived 3:30 and stayed to close…..got 2 rides each on Supe, WC, Pandemonium, Riddler, and Batman……daughter got an additional solo ride on Supe to finish it off…..everything was running great…..some short downtime in several of those rides but nothing major…..only thing to complain about is the new arrangement at Pandemonium……FP riders get merged with regular riders too early and you end up waiting 15 to 30 minutes to get on…..that’s like the opposite of what FP is for…..anyway was good to get on Supe…..hadn’t ridden since September 2019…..pre COVID….jesus

With  ride ops  wearing the lab coats and. Goggles   Plus the  crack axle canyon steam punk revamp it seems likely that six flags  New England next coaster will be dr diobolical’s cliffhanger 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 11:50 PM, Edwardda09 said:

With  ride ops  wearing the lab coats and. Goggles   Plus the  crack axle canyon steam punk revamp it seems likely that six flags  New England next coaster will be dr diobolical’s cliffhanger 

I would prefer a massive ride on the other side of the road in the massive parking lot they own…..I’d wait a couple years for that…..they have a big property there and could build a garage to compensate…..

8 hours ago, ice1972 said:

I would prefer a massive ride on the other side of the road in the massive parking lot they own…..I’d wait a couple years for that…..they have a big property there and could build a garage to compensate…..

Compared to the recent history of new additions to most SF’s parks, including SFNE, Dr. D. is a “massive” addition for SF’s. Although fun to dream there’s nothing that would point to that type of expansion being invested in by SF’s at the park or if they’d even get the local clearance to do it. I could see some of the preferred lot scraped for more water park in the future. That’s the more probable footprint expansion IMHO. They in a way are prepping for it by killing reservations and making the front part of the main lot preferred this year already. 

3 hours ago, Sluggo77 said:

Compared to the recent history of new additions to most SF’s parks, including SFNE, Dr. D. is a “massive” addition for SF’s. Although fun to dream there’s nothing that would point to that type of expansion being invested in by SF’s at the park or if they’d even get the local clearance to do it. I could see some of the preferred lot scraped for more water park in the future. That’s the more probable footprint expansion IMHO. They in a way are prepping for it by killing reservations and making the front part of the main lot preferred this year already. 

I trust that Dr. D is a massive upgrade but my preference is for something on the Order of Superman or bigger…..all air time….I don’t need inversions just huge drop and lots of huge hills…..

6 hours ago, ice1972 said:

I trust that Dr. D is a massive upgrade but my preference is for something on the Order of Superman or bigger…..all air time….I don’t need inversions just huge drop and lots of huge hills…..

Totally get it just saying nothing in SF’s budget has been in that neighborhood for a very long time. Then add in your parking garage idea and it’s fun to dream LOL. 

A clone of what they are putting in down in San Antonio would be a pretty great addition. I'd rather see the launch or modern wood niches filled first, but hard to complain about a B&M in a Six Flags in 2022. Also, just throwing this out there: While by far the most likely addition is a clone of Dr. D (IF that is what they are even hinting at with the ride ops in the steampunk-like outfits on opening day), they could also just be re-using the theme and not necessarily putting in the same ride. Six Flags does that quite a bit. 

• Like 1

Seeing that 7 of SFNE's 11 coasters are clones (and another is a super-generic B&M floorless), I'd really love to see them get a unique custom coaster for their next addition. The park felt like clone-city to me with one truly standout attraction.

With that said, a large(ish) B&M dive coaster seems like it would be great for that location in the park, and definitely a welcome addition to the lineup.

I haven't been to the park yet this year but I was just dicking around on Queue Times and I saw "Nightwing" listed as closed. Did I miss some news about a new ride (or new name for an existing ride) or is the website just having flashbacks to... like... 2003 and the Foreman Grill era?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zand said:

I haven't been to the park yet this year but I was just dicking around on Queue Times and I saw "Nightwing" listed as closed. Did I miss some news about a new ride (or new name for an existing ride) or is the website just having flashbacks to... like... 2003 and the Foreman Grill era?

Looks like its their slingshot:

https://www.sixflags.com/newengland/attractions/nightwing