Jump to content
  TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

Going Monday…..did they figure out the season flash pass on your phone thing yet?  Some poor manager is gonna get an earful if not when I go there Monday morning….that’s some bullshit….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Going Monday…..did they figure out the season flash pass on your phone thing yet?  Some poor manager is gonna get an earful if not when I go there Monday morning….that’s some bullshit….

https://ne.sfflashpass.com/#

Seems to be up and running.  Maybe.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, tndank said:

https://ne.sfflashpass.com/#

Seems to be up and running.  Maybe.

 

I’m not convinced….we know they have this up and running for people who buy the one day flash pass…..it’s bullshit they also didn’t boot up the people who pay monthly for the season flash pass to do the same…..that’s what I found out a couple weeks ago when I went…..no reason they couldn’t fire up both at the same time….like you’re collecting my money….why are you fucking me up my ass so hard though….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

I’m not convinced….we know they have this up and running for people who buy the one day flash pass…..it’s bullshit they also didn’t boot up the people who pay monthly for the season flash pass to do the same…..that’s what I found out a couple weeks ago when I went…..no reason they couldn’t fire up both at the same time….like you’re collecting my money….why are you fucking me up my ass so hard though….

You've got some anger issues bro.  Take a breath and get your stupid watch.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mike240SX said:

You've got some anger issues bro.  Take a breath and get your stupid watch.

No….it’s easy…I pay them money for the season flash pass….I shouldn’t then be boned when I arrive at the park and have to wait 90 minutes to get that flash pass when some shmuck off the road can buy a day flash pass and be ready to go on his phone in 5 minutes…..you have an argument why that’s totally fine?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ice1972 said:

No….it’s easy…I pay them money for the season flash pass….I shouldn’t then be boned when I arrive at the park and have to wait 90 minutes to get that flash pass when some shmuck off the road can buy a day flash pass and be ready to go on his phone in 5 minutes…..you have an argument why that’s totally fine?  

When you bought the season flash pass, presumably you knew how it operated, with picking up the watch.  They then later enabled this phone option.  You're continuing to receive what you knowingly paid for.

Does it suck? Sure.  Is it reason enough to go on a ranting, cursing tirade, threatening to berate some poor kid who has zero control over what the park chooses to offer it's customers, which may not even be at a local-park control level?  No.

If you don't like waiting 90 minutes to pick up the watch, get to the park earlier.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

When you bought the season flash pass, presumably you knew how it operated, with picking up the watch.  They then later enabled this phone option.  You're continuing to receive what you knowingly paid for.

Does it suck? Sure.  Is it reason enough to go on a ranting, cursing tirade, threatening to berate some poor kid who has zero control over what the park chooses to offer it's customers, which may not even be at a local-park control level?  No.

If you don't like waiting 90 minutes to pick up the watch, get to the park earlier.

Its literally nothing like that but OK guy.......you're doing it wrong when you don't enable a feature for everyone who is buying that thing........that instantly devalued what I am paying for if I am on the outside looking in......unless they discount or suspend payments on that thing I am buying - which of course they won't.......and thats irritating AF.......they're doing it wrong and you support it - real nice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ice1972

No, I don't support their decision to not offer Flash Pass on the phone for season Flash Pass customers.  Yes, they should offer the same system to every paying customer, I'll agree with you there.

I don't agree that it has "devalued" what you're paying for.  The system operates exactly as it did when you purchased it.  Now, if they removed rides from the Flash Pass program, then yes, I'd say you have a "devalued" argument.

Mainly, what I don't agree with is the extreme to which you've taken your upset-ness.  Your mild inconvenience from them not offering season Flash Pass on the phone app does not give you the right to berate, yell at, or otherwise harass a low-paid, young employee of the park, who has literally no control over the situation whatsoever.  Write an e-mail to the GM of the park if it bothers you so much...front-line employees at theme parks don't have any say over how things are done.

Was I highly annoyed when CF parks decided to keep their smoking zones to outside the park gates post-COVID?  Yes, absolutely.  Did I bitch and moan about it to the employees who scan the tickets/passes on entry?  No, because they have no ability to change things that are corporate-wide or even park-level decisions.

You also realize that this is Six Flags, and the "decision" to not offer what you're looking for is likely as simple as one of their tech guys forgetting to check a box to enable it, right?  Again, not someone who works at the park and interacts with guests.  Guest Relations might be your only real outlet at the park, since they can take notes that get forwarded on to the park management, but certainly you're a better human being than to "give them an earful."  A casual, friendly, "Hey, it would be nice if..." will get you miles further.

If the "1972" in your user name refers to your birth year, this is even worse, because a grown-ass adult should not get so bothered by trivial things like this.  I hope you never have to face any actual hardship in your life.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People at other parks have been able to use their season flash pass on their phone.  Must reserve it first by 8am or so.  Often have to log out and back in of the FP website after reserving.  Lots of people at Great America using season FP on their phones.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2021 at 5:01 PM, Mike240SX said:

@ice1972

No, I don't support their decision to not offer Flash Pass on the phone for season Flash Pass customers.  Yes, they should offer the same system to every paying customer, I'll agree with you there.

I don't agree that it has "devalued" what you're paying for.  The system operates exactly as it did when you purchased it.  Now, if they removed rides from the Flash Pass program, then yes, I'd say you have a "devalued" argument.

Mainly, what I don't agree with is the extreme to which you've taken your upset-ness.  Your mild inconvenience from them not offering season Flash Pass on the phone app does not give you the right to berate, yell at, or otherwise harass a low-paid, young employee of the park, who has literally no control over the situation whatsoever.  Write an e-mail to the GM of the park if it bothers you so much...front-line employees at theme parks don't have any say over how things are done.

Was I highly annoyed when CF parks decided to keep their smoking zones to outside the park gates post-COVID?  Yes, absolutely.  Did I bitch and moan about it to the employees who scan the tickets/passes on entry?  No, because they have no ability to change things that are corporate-wide or even park-level decisions.

You also realize that this is Six Flags, and the "decision" to not offer what you're looking for is likely as simple as one of their tech guys forgetting to check a box to enable it, right?  Again, not someone who works at the park and interacts with guests.  Guest Relations might be your only real outlet at the park, since they can take notes that get forwarded on to the park management, but certainly you're a better human being than to "give them an earful."  A casual, friendly, "Hey, it would be nice if..." will get you miles further.

If the "1972" in your user name refers to your birth year, this is even worse, because a grown-ass adult should not get so bothered by trivial things like this.  I hope you never have to face any actual hardship in your life.

Except its not a mild inconvenience - is 90 minutes a mild inconvenience to you?.........I pay a lot per month to be able to have the flexibility I want to show up when I want for a few hours and not pay for anything.......I don't want to waste 90 minutes in line to get the wristband when others getting the same thing can just do the whole thing on their phone - its BS......and don't age hate......I pay for the same thing people are now getting while they walk into the park using their phones......its the same damn thing but with improved access now granted to a subset of those buying it........where that didn't exist before......its totally devalued in that those people now have the time I am going to spend securing our wristbands to ride rides - while I will not.......riding rides is the point dude........all that devalues what I am paying for which is why I suggested they discount mine until they get it set up........thats reasonable to ask........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2021 at 10:11 PM, tndank said:

People at other parks have been able to use their season flash pass on their phone.  Must reserve it first by 8am or so.  Often have to log out and back in of the FP website after reserving.  Lots of people at Great America using season FP on their phones.

 

So far my search of the SFNE website is hush hush on the topic........I'll have to deal tomorrow morning when I get there.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Except its not a mild inconvenience - is 90 minutes a mild inconvenience to you?.........I pay a lot per month to be able to have the flexibility I want to show up when I want for a few hours and not pay for anything.......I don't want to waste 90 minutes in line to get the wristband when others getting the same thing can just do the whole thing on their phone - its BS......and don't age hate......I pay for the same thing people are now getting while they walk into the park using their phones......its the same damn thing but with improved access now granted to a subset of those buying it........where that didn't exist before......its totally devalued in that those people now have the time I am going to spend securing our wristbands to ride rides - while I will not.......riding rides is the point dude........all that devalues what I am paying for which is why I suggested they discount mine until they get it set up........thats reasonable to ask........

Okay "Ken," it's clear I'm not going to get through to you.  Keep on doing you.  I pity any employee in any business you visit.

PS - You can easily avoid a 90 minute wait to pick up the watch by getting there at or near opening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mike240SX said:

Okay "Ken," it's clear I'm not going to get through to you.  Keep on doing you.  I pity any employee in any business you visit.

PS - You can easily avoid a 90 minute wait to pick up the watch by getting there at or near opening.

Maybe - we’ll see when I get there before opening tomorrow - but that’s not the point is it?  It matters that what I pay should match the expectation of services they sell…..and with this change it totally doesn’t……Ken?  That’s not even my name….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going next Friday and expect the crowds to be pretty bad. Looking at queue-times.com, it shows Riddler Revenge as having one of the longest lines in the park. Should I prioritize this coaster? I'm thinking of doing Superman and the wild mouse first to get a low capacity ride out of the way. Then I might hit Riddler and Joker. I'd just rather be stuck in a long line for a RMC than a SLC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is Flash Pass out of the question?  You really should get a Flash Pass, at least Gold level if not Platinum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CenturyFlyer said:

I'm going next Friday and expect the crowds to be pretty bad. Looking at queue-times.com, it shows Riddler Revenge as having one of the longest lines in the park. Should I prioritize this coaster? I'm thinking of doing Superman and the wild mouse first to get a low capacity ride out of the way. Then I might hit Riddler and Joker. I'd just rather be stuck in a long line for a RMC than a SLC.

The issue with the "Get the low capacity rides out of the way" plan is that most coasters in this park have low capacity.

I don't even think there's a clear ride that you should rope drop here. I could see the argument for going left and knocking out Pandemonium and Wicked Cyclone, I could see the argument for knocking out Superman and the mouse or I could see the argument for going right and knocking out Riddler, Joker and Batman while you're over there. I could also see the argument for adding Thunderbolt to any of those plans as it runs one 24 passenger train.

No matter what you're going to wait in some painful lines.

Personally, I'd get Flash Pass but if you're not I would probably do Superman, the mouse, Ridder, Joker and Batman in that order and just suck it up hard on Pandemonium but it's not like there's any real perfect plan here.

Also, if you wait until it's too late to do Batman and people start leaving the waterpark then you're screwed. I'm looking at the waits right now and it's posting a 150 minute wait. Honestly, all of this looks awful. Get the Flash Pass.

PS: Flashback was just posting 150 also but is now down to 5.

 

Untitled.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does Pandemonium really have a single rider line "hidden" in the Flash Pass line? I don't mind doing that if it saves an hour of waiting, but it also sounds like something that could make you look really stupid if the operators aren't using it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a quick mini-TR; didn't have time to take a lot of pictures or anything since I was running around with a group and trying not to hold them up.

 

Just got back from the park; ended up being a pretty great day.  I went in with low expectations knowing what parks are like in general this summer, but SFNE is really doing an impressive job handling everything, and, really, hiding the worst of it.  Weather kept the crowds to a minimum at the beginning of the day, but they slowly built up to what I'd say is probably nearly normal for a sunday on another summer.  The park seemed nearly fully staffed; most of the rides had full crews, all food stands and stores were open.  Operations were decent for the most part, which is to say better than usual for a Six Flags park.  Virtually everything was open; Houdini and Tomahawk opened a bit late, but did open.  Fireball was still down; I don't think it's reopened since the storm damage, and I realize now I never checked Kontiki, but I don't remember anything else (besides Goliath) down after early afternoon.  Lines were mostly pretty tolerable; we didn't bother with Fastpass this time and had no problem getting on every major ride, multiple times when we wanted, without rushing at all.

The only real slowdowns or issues at all we ran into was Cyborg; with it being an indoor ride, the park still seems to be using COVID protocols, loading half the seats and wiping stopping to disinfect frequently.  Probably wise since there's no real airflow or sunlight in there.

Wicked Cylone gave the best rides I've ever had on it with the track wet; felt like someone strapped a rocket to the back of it.  Superman is running reasonably well; a little shuffle but not so bad; similar with batman.  Riddler is a mixed bag; it's definitely rough as hell, but I don't really find it to be too unpleasant with the new restraints, and it's absolutely hauling despite the bouncing around.  Thunderbolt...could use a bit of track work.  Supergirl isn't quite a replacement for an Enterprise if you ask me, but pretty great on its own.  Harley Quinn is still the best flat out there, if you ask me.

The new mexican stand that replaced Aztec Nachos, down by Batman, is pretty solid.  I tried the jalapeno ranch nachos and they were definitely at the upper end of what I expect at a Six Flags park; not spicy at all despite the HOT label, but quite good.  Run by an outside company, though, so not on the meal plan or eligible for any discounts, so some tradeoff compared to the old place.

Just in general, the park seems to be doing a pretty good job of hiding the issues the industry is dealing with; I really would have had a hard time seeing it as anything but an ordinary July weekend there today.  I'm impressed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, CenturyFlyer said:

Does Pandemonium really have a single rider line "hidden" in the Flash Pass line? I don't mind doing that if it saves an hour of waiting, but it also sounds like something that could make you look really stupid if the operators aren't using it.

I can say yes I’ve used it in the past. Batman too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

The highlight of my visit to SFNE was the free kiwis (sponsored by Sun Gold) outside of the entrance. It's a little hard to scan your pass with one hand while eating a kiwi with the other, but.... Six Flags 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/