TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I know it's comparing apples and oranges since they are two different chains, but Canada's Wonderland was the only park in the CF chain that still hasn't thrown in the towel, either. I'm curious if they could pull off a winterfest or not, but I haven't been following the COVID cases or government entity's or anything like that so realistically I have no idea if they are even close to being able to open, but just found it interesting. How amazing would it be for both parks to open for their respective winter events? I don't see it happening personally, but it seems like they are both really hoping.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The US will never come close to a 100% take rate for a COVID vaccine. Hell, for the 2018-2019 flu season, only 45% of adults got the flu shot, which has been tested and proven to have minimal side ef

I'm sure that's not the criteria. They'll reopen when the governor arbitrarily decides that they can. There will be no metrics or science involved but there will be a press conference about how they'r

Posted Images

One month of SLC operation would lead to 4 months of revenue.

Fixed that for you.

1876360788_HITPWaitTimes.jpg.1861788e2992ca06609bc723db4cf925.jpg

Yes this happened last year in HITP. Nothing was open except the SLC.

Unfortunately, Governor Baker reiterated today that amusement parks will remain in phase 4 (along with bars, night clubs, and ball pits), which won't begin until there's an effective vaccine or effective treatment.

I'll be curious to see if he bases that on when there IS an effective vaccine, or when everyone has it.

We're most likely very close to one of those, but the other is a long way away.

The US will never come close to a 100% take rate for a COVID vaccine. Hell, for the 2018-2019 flu season, only 45% of adults got the flu shot, which has been tested and proven to have minimal side effects over the past several decades. Tetanus vaccination is only around 63%. Pneumococcal vaccination is around 25%. Any COVID vaccine available will be unproven outside of trials, not to mention the politics surrounding it....I'd be very surprised if the take rate broke 10% the first year.

If "everyone vaccinated" is the Governor's criteria, I feel really bad for the economy up there.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

SFNE has announced that The Holiday will Return in the form of Holiday in the Park Lights debuting November 27.  Park is describing it as a re-imagined themed experience featuring millions of lights, new treats, and some special surprises.  All the details can be found here:  https://www.sixflags.com/newengland/events/holiday-in-the-park-lights

On 9/30/2020 at 1:25 PM, Mike240SX said:

The US will never come close to a 100% take rate for a COVID vaccine. Hell, for the 2018-2019 flu season, only 45% of adults got the flu shot, which has been tested and proven to have minimal side effects over the past several decades. Tetanus vaccination is only around 63%. Pneumococcal vaccination is around 25%. Any COVID vaccine available will be unproven outside of trials, not to mention the politics surrounding it....I'd be very surprised if the take rate broke 10% the first year.

If "everyone vaccinated" is the Governor's criteria, I feel really bad for the economy up there.

I'm sure that's not the criteria. They'll reopen when the governor arbitrarily decides that they can. There will be no metrics or science involved but there will be a press conference about how they're following the science anyway.

• Like 1

This probably doesn't impact most of us who have Six Flags season passes and memberships, but if you visit on a daily ticket, you have to pay $15 to park.  At least it's less than the usual $20 rate.

19 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

This probably doesn't impact most of us who have Six Flags season passes and memberships, but if you visit on a daily ticket, you have to pay $15 to park.  At least it's less than the usual $20 rate.

Does this mean memberships will be unpaused automatically by SFNE?  Or are you still able to control that?  I’d rather just pay the park cash to visit and unpause in spring....