TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

^ya totally don't know what it means but its nice thats there......maybe they're testing or just getting stuff setup.....here in CT phase 2 isn't until June 20 - I'm not sure what Mass is but I would think the governors are coordinating.....suggests maybe that calandar is a test or setup......theres no official announcements yet

Massachusetts put amusement parks in Phase 4 which will start no earlier than July 20th. Of course they could change the "phase" for amusement parks or make a totally different set of rules for SFNE but thats the only thing to go on right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya I was looking into this today trying to figure out when they’d start charging me again - I paused membership payments.....Phase 4 per MA reopening guidance is the “new normal” whatever that means....they say each phase would be minimum of 3 weeks with phase 2 set for Monday....they’re so vague about phase 4 I could see SFNE not opening until August? IDK....hate this...

Massachusetts put amusement parks in Phase 4 which will start no earlier than July 20th. Of course they could change the "phase" for amusement parks or make a totally different set of rules for SFNE but thats the only thing to go on right now.

Reviewing CT guidance for reopening outdoor amusement parks they have that in Phase 2.....which is June 17....so LC and Quassy could be open in 10 days while SFNE stays closed unless Mass moves them up out of Phase 4.....they should be coordinating better maybe....IDK

• 2 weeks later...

^ I'm not surprised. Governor Baker was careful to schedule Phase 2 after Memorial Day weekend so I'm not surprised he'd do the same to wait until after the Fourth of July for Phase 3.

I thought Six Flags was arguing they could open at some point during Phase 3 after they were originally lumped in Phase 4?

Yeah the state could always give them a special date in Phase 3 especially with reservation systems and all. Hopefully this "waiting for the next holiday thing" doesn't mean phase 4 starts on September 8th.

• 2 weeks later...

The governor announced today that phase 4 (including amusement parks) will not begin until there is either a vaccine or a proven medial treatment.

Stick a fork in this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a survey from SF but it wasn't SFNE specific but with other SF parks already open I'm hoping maybe this could be a good sign for a possible opening this season......Mass reopening policies seem to be very strict for amusement parks....we'll see.....

^Mass isn't budging on the vaccination thing needed to advance to Phase 4 which is where they have amusement parks for reopening.......if Mass was going to work with Six Flags for an exemption it would have been done weeks ago and they would already be opening......

I wonder if SFNE is running the rides occasionally or are they just sitting dormant.......such a bummer....

Not yet open? Oof....

I'll be in New England in under a week, so would be a darn shame if it failed to open for this year.

What's the deal? (Sorry been used to FL and NJ protocols!) other SF parks are open, I assume it's a statewide standard thing?

Prob but I will be 100% honest, this is the internet, and reading a lot (alot) has been my life in recent years. I just don't bother when I come here to post. Tis my mental check out time.

People can be mad lol

But thanks. Tis a shame, I was excited to have an RMC so close, even if supposedly it's lost its speed on the last lap. Guess I'll spam Lake Compounce

The weirdest part about going to NJ and back is that down there, indoor dining is still banned but amusement parks are open, arcade are open, AND you can sit at a bar.

In MA? Our restaurants have been open inside for over a month now and STRIP CLUBS are open, but god forbid you go to a nice outdoor amusement park or sit at a bar (which is somehow different than a waitress coming to your table). You can go bowling, play pool, and play slot machines but no pinball because you'll drop dead next week.

Bias towards amusement parks aside, I still think New Jersey is on the right side of this one.

Bias towards amusement parks aside, I still think New Jersey is on the right side of this one.

Aside from that whole "banning" 2/3rds of the country from visiting, including neighboring states.

Aside from that whole "banning" 2/3rds of the country from visiting, including neighboring states.

Oh we've one upped that one too. Starting Saturday, anyone traveling to MA from outside the state (except from the other New England states, NY, NJ, and HI) that doesn't sign up on the state web site AND quarantine for two weeks will be subject to a $500 fine per day, including MA residents. This comes just weeks after the governor stated two weeks ago that doing anything of the sort is unconstitutional and wouldn't happen here.

I'd bet a large sum of money that the bark will be louder than the bite and virtually no one will actually be fined (nor will this even be enforced) but as far as I know, no constitutional amendments have been made in the last two weeks so not sure why the sudden change of tune.

Meanwhile, MA is in a pissing contest with Maine because Maine is allowing residents of many other states (including ones on the MA mandatory list like PA and OH) to visit without quarantine but residents of MA and RI aren't allowed. Vermont is doing the same thing except they're breaking it down by county.

Honestly just tired of all the political BS. I've been doing my best to safely support anyone who shows they have a good enough cleaning/distancing program. All of the people you see online or on TV are always in two camps: bitching that mask rules and gradually opening things is stupid because COVID is a hoax, or we've opened way too much and everyone should sit inside for a year and a half until there's a vaccine. Luckily in the real world (unless you're in Florida or Texas apparently) it seems like most people that are out and about are respectful of each other and their space.

As much as it sucks not having SFNE this year, at least Canobie and Lake Compounce aren't much further for me and then NJ and PA are about 4-5 hours, close enough.

Oh we've one upped that one too. Starting Saturday, anyone traveling to MA from outside the state (except from the other New England states, NY, NJ, and HI) that doesn't sign up on the state web site AND quarantine for two weeks will be subject to a $500 fine per day, including MA residents. This comes just weeks after the governor stated two weeks ago that doing anything of the sort is unconstitutional and wouldn't happen here.

I'd bet a large sum of money that the bark will be louder than the bite and virtually no one will actually be fined (nor will this even be enforced) but as far as I know, no constitutional amendments have been made in the last two weeks so not sure why the sudden change of tune.

Meanwhile, MA is in a pissing contest with Maine because Maine is allowing residents of many other states (including ones on the MA mandatory list like PA and OH) to visit without quarantine but residents of MA and RI aren't allowed. Vermont is doing the same thing except they're breaking it down by county.

Honestly just tired of all the political BS. I've been doing my best to safely support anyone who shows they have a good enough cleaning/distancing program. All of the people you see online or on TV are always in two camps: bitching that mask rules and gradually opening things is stupid because COVID is a hoax, or we've opened way too much and everyone should sit inside for a year and a half until there's a vaccine. Luckily in the real world (unless you're in Florida or Texas apparently) it seems like most people that are out and about are respectful of each other and their space.

As much as it sucks not having SFNE this year, at least Canobie and Lake Compounce aren't much further for me and then NJ and PA are about 4-5 hours, close enough.

Wow, I stand corrected. And I thought the NJ/PA/DE world sucked, but that's just insane. My sympathies.

I don't get how malls are open: which I doubt they disinfect tables with piles of clothes people have touched after every person has even put a finger on it. Along with this, you don't get a temperature check when you enter a mall. It's so obnoxious that an OUTDOOR theme park, that has shown that they can be open with precautions and still be fun, can't be open, but a closed, confined mall can be.

I don't get how malls are open: which I doubt they disinfect tables with piles of clothes people have touched after every person has even put a finger on it. Along with this, you don't get a temperature check when you enter a mall. It's so obnoxious that an OUTDOOR theme park, that has shown that they can be open with precautions and still be fun, can't be open, but a closed, confined mall can be.

Welcome to 2020, where up is down, right is wrong, law and order is terrorism, and illogic rules the day. The Governors do not require your comprehension, merely your compliance. Doublethink is a reality. Two plus two is sometimes five.