TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

The Holiday in the Park map is out. There are no big changes aside from the fact that there's no major show this year which is a pretty questionable move. I would imagine that Flashback will (once again) be open despite the park never putting it on the map.

I thought that there was no show as well. Went to opening night tonight and didn’t look at first ended up seeing that there is one. I didn’t get to see it unfortunately but instead of the variety type show I heard this one is more singing / dancing based and called Holiday Wishes.

I'm just glad that there's something in there.

PS: Flashback is closed, but the rumor is that they plan to start running Pandemonium next weekend. I'm not sure of the validity of those rumors but the sources seem semi-decent. If true, that's a big upgrade.

Edited by coasterbill

^Pandemoium is prone to valleying, it won't be running in extreme cold. It seemed like it was running with different wheels though so that should help. But if there are some extreme cold days, I bet it will be the first to close.

Deleted

Edited by toomuchstereo

Six Flags New England doesn’t seem to be as incredibly aggressive with cold weather as Great Adventure and Great America but they’re still pretty great. Pandemonium is also probably more valley prone than anything that Great Adventure or Great America is running and if it valleys it’s more likely to do it way up in the air.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Pandemonium closed for weather on rare occasions but I’d venture a guess that they’d be more worry about a combination of cold and wind than just extreme cold.

Edited by coasterbill

Yeah, I’d be shocked if 45 degrees is the limit in New England.

We’ve been on it when it was below freezing just during Fright Fest (I remember because we waited 90 minutes, not our finest moment lol)

Edited by coasterbill

• 2 weeks later...

The new 2-8 hours have been in place before the start of the event. Last year was 2-9, then they changed it to 3-9, but then shifted it up about a week before they opened. So basically they shaved an hour off from last year. It does seem like they should stay open until 9 on the busier days.

• 2 weeks later...

^ I saw someone post on Facebook it was due to ice on the tracks. That would make sense since Massachusetts got hit with 3-6 inches of snow earlier this week and I don't think the temperature went above freezing for it to melt.

But even if everything was open, I have no regrets driving the extra distance to Great Adventure and eventually getting home at 2 am.

I made the mistake of going there Saturday. The only adult rides open were the teacups, Houdini, the Scrambler (which they were literally shoveling out of the snow when the park opened), and Riddler.

It wasn't the end of the world since I have a membership; I mostly just wandered and helped myself to "free" food and treats...but I would have been furious if I'd paid to take a family to the park and found virtually everything closed. There were a lot of very unhappy people in the park. Not great.

Sounds like you all need to head south and ride Six Flags' most explosive coaster. Saturday was a party.

In all seriousness, New England does seem slightly more conservative than Great Adventure and Great America but I definitely get the ice thing.You would not want this to happen.

Edited by coasterbill