TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The US will never come close to a 100% take rate for a COVID vaccine. Hell, for the 2018-2019 flu season, only 45% of adults got the flu shot, which has been tested and proven to have minimal side ef

I'm sure that's not the criteria. They'll reopen when the governor arbitrarily decides that they can. There will be no metrics or science involved but there will be a press conference about how they'r

Posted Images

I wonder if they would replace that Wipeout with an Endeavor since that ride pad has the space and it would be similar in size to the old Flying Enterprise... or whatever they called it.

2122795524_ScreenShot2019-08-10at6_31_02AM.thumb.png.722c11143193f305effa6d94e2e11a3a.png

I took my singing and dancing fun to the park today and rode Cyborg Hyper Drive. I couldn't hear Grid's voice over the ride noise, but there's a video of the ride with the ride audio on YouTube and Grid's voice is definitely SEXY. "Sabotage? Quite the opposite."

I wonder if they would replace that Wipeout with an Endeavor since that ride pad has the space and it would be similar in size to the old Flying Enterprise... or whatever they called it.

That wouldn't be a bad idea, that old Chance Wipeout gets a lot of downtime and I wouldn't be surprised if Kollider/Joker's Wildcard/whatever you call it is taken off line. Nightwing old pad in the middle of S:ROS's finale has been a spot that has seen a surprising number of occupants. It'd be nice to just have one solid, headache free anchor attraction there that's family friendly. Not everyone can ride S:ROS or a Cyborg dark spin-and-puke.

^ If you're arguing for a family friendly ride, I wouldn't quite call an Endeavor that as they're quite intense.

I think a Supergirl theme is a lock based on the 252 hint. But with Six Flags always reusing names for different rides, there's no guarantee it would be an endeavor.

Thanks for the advice on this thread. We had a decent day this last Monday. The park was fairly crowded by my standards, usually 15 minute waits for most things, often more than that. The biggest winner in terms of advice was probably the Pandemonium single rider line -- we wouldn't have had the time to wait in that line, it was over a half hour.

I was quite impressed with Joker but that's probably partially because there was zero line and so it was easy to re-ride.

Wicked Cyclone was smooth and fun but the ride felt really short compared to the original Riverside Cyclone. It also didn't have the same "barnstorming" sort of feel as the original. Evaluating it on its own merits, it did have a great start, middle, and end, but somehow didn't rise to the level of epic for me.

Superman was good but the restraints reminded me (in a bad way) of Skyrush aka "Thigh Crush" at Hersheypark. Ugh.

Thunderbolt was amazingly smooth for an old woodie. I was super impressed with that, given that we had been at Compounce the day before and gotten battered by Wildcat.

We hit Cal's for lunch as another poster suggested and that was perfect for what we needed... dark, air conditioned, lots of food options, not too far away.

It would have been nice if the park was less crowded as we probably got no more than three rides on any single coaster... Many of them we only did once, due to time. We were there all day except for a 2 hour break at the hottest time of the day. I think there might have been a bunch of school or church groups.

Anyhow, thanks again for all the advice and suggestions.

Are they relocating Goliath to the surface of the sun?

No, hopefully La Ronde.

Maybe they are just going to relocate SFMM's Green lantern right next to Joker.

Makes perfect sense since we already have two boomerangs, two wipeouts, and two frisbees.

I was also there for the first time this Monday from Fiesta. Good time. Got the red egg. Scored TC FROTD. Superman was intense but not sure why it held so many golden ticket awards. Gauntlet mouse was a huge mistake to go on. Cyborg was good for the AC mostly. Had a pretty good time but yes the Goliath was a migraine machine. The intensity matched the headache. Worst parts were the line at JB's Smokehouse (one cashier during lunch rush) and several unavoidable vomit clouds I had to walk past. 5 rides on WCyclone total were all fun but the outerbanks were a little aggressive for my tastes. Overall 8/10.

Maybe they are just going to relocate SFMM's Green lantern right next to Joker.

Makes perfect sense since we already have two boomerangs, two wipeouts, and two frisbees.

You're picking up what I'm throwing down.

Attention von roll skyride fans. I just found a bunch of pictures of the old von roll skyride at SFNE. These were taken on a trip I made to the park several years ago.

I posted them on my Facebook page here...

I hope it's ok that I post that link on here, if not feel free to delete.

Nice visit today.....got there about 4:00 or so....we are about 25 min away and have Diamond Elite passes so parked in Preferred and got our STL passes and season FP and we’re off......WC was really hauling - caught two rides on that in the back half.....usually we’re in the front half and my daughter was like “I feel like it really screamed over the hill on the drop”.....lol.....then we went on Thunderbolt in the back.....damn if that wasn’t the bumpiest ride I’ve had on that ride.....IDK....then on to Superman....thing is the ride had been closed for a while - when we got there at 4:00 it was already closed and it didn’t reopen until about 7:00.....I was nervous to go - that’s just me being 46 yr old about it and wondering why it was down and if it’s really been fixed.....but my 12 yr old death defying daughter forced me to go.....we rode car 6 front row red train which is the row behind the vacant back row of car 5 which is the remnant of the sound system from years back....holy smokes....what a great ride.....train was hauling serious ass.....we got in another ride on blue train in same row about 90 min later and while good it wasn’t the same as the red train ride....we left after that....I got the reminder I needed of why Superman is so good....man that red train ride was superb......

Also seemed like a lot of rides were down at various times today.....Superman and Batman we’re down and Gotham City was too.....Riddler and Joker we’re being problematic too....oddly Goliath was running problem free.....still didn’t ride it lol.......

Finally I’d love opinions on what causes Superman to go down......is there a top one or two thing that closes it for hours that’s a common theme to it? Like maybe the lift hill was the problem? IDK.....

^ Most of Superman's awards came when it had the t-bars and when it switched to the current restraints, B&M started building gigas and RMC came onto the scene.

It still holds up (especially near the end of the day, or when it's been raining), but yeah, if it wasn't for WC, it would be the only thing worth going to the park for.