TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

The skip the line passes at six flags parks are good for up to 4 people(at least the many six flags parks we have been to). At this park, they were only for the 1 person. We bought our diamond elite memberships for the skip the line passes and discounts. Since we have 2 kids, it was a great deal as we could all ride together with the skip the line pass. Now at New England, it was only for a single rider. That threw a wrench in our plans..

I didn't think that was the case, and I think you are lucking out at whatever parks you were able to bring multiple people per individual skip the line pass. In the official PDF guide online (that shows all the restrictions), and chatting with a live agent long ago, nowhere does it state "for up to four people". If that was the case I would get it in a heartbeat, but unfortunately I can't find "up to four people" in any Six Flags documentation.

Also from a Q&A at SFNE when they were first announced:

"How many people in your group can use the skip the line pass?"

Just the person with the benefit. Its one per person per membership, so if only you have it, only you can, if everybody has it, then everybody can use it.

Edit: I see the person below me has had the same experience. JINX

Edited by anonymouscactus

We had a negative experience with our skip the line passes at this park. We have the diamond elite memberships as well. The skip the line passes at six flags parks are good for up to 4 people(at least the many six flags parks we have been to). At this park, they were only for the 1 person. We bought our diamond elite memberships for the skip the line passes and discounts. Since we have 2 kids, it was a great deal as we could all ride together with the skip the line pass. Now at New England, it was only for a single rider. That threw a wrench in our plans.

That’s interesting. Where does it say that Diamond Elite members skip the line passes are for up to four people? That would be cool but doesn’t really make sense from the parks perspective when it’s a specific perk for the DE member. Same for premium show seating and some of the other specific member perks which are only for the member. I’ve only been to three SF’s Park’s this year but each of them only offered the skip the lines passes for the DE member not a group of four. I did read that a few people got lucky when flash pass was closed or broken and they were given the passes that you are mentioning at guest relations. Either way good for you if you’ve been getting them with regularity at other SF parks.

It appears that both Intamin hypers in the northeast have caught the one-train virus. Whose next? Skyrush? S:ROS?

Also, if SFNE keeps up this one train streak than it might be safe to say that SFA is doing a better job running with two trains than SFNE

At six flags over Georgia and great escape, the skip the line passes were for up to 4 people. It was even highlighted on the skip the line slip that it was good for up to 4 people.

Being that I got my diamond elite memberships from Georgia, I thought all the parks followed the same guidelines as they did regarding the skip the line passes.

I'll check when I get home to see if I have one left over to show you.

^^Thanks! Mine is from SFNE but it didn’t offer me four at Great Adventure on multiple visits either. Now that I think about it when I went to TGE on opening day it was totally dead due to weather so I didn’t even bother getting the passes there.

^My understanding was that the DE SKL passes were always just one ride for that member twice....we have 4 DE memberships and have really loved that we get 8 SKL passes but it’s always been 1 rider per pass....HOWEVER....I found out - at SFNE - that when the weather is sketchy and they decide to shut down the flash pass system cuz they think nobody is gonna buy it that forces the DE members to member services to get the SKL passes....thing is when ita done this way the SKL pass is really a SKL pass for up to 4 riders and it doesn’t expire....they hand out different passes....IDK it’s anlearning process I guess....

I currently have 12 of those bonus passes that I saved over out last two visits during sketchy weather where FP was down...lo

It’s annoying that it seems DE is being treated diffeeemt at different parks....so far though we’ve loved the parking access and the SKL deal....that’s the biggest thing we like

Six flags made what seems to be a test site that looks like rides from New England and great escape

https://www.sixflags.com/springfield

Looks like the kids area could get a make over

I miss the lumberjack theme tbh

This isn’t real....Illinois? Haven’t heard S about this in Mass....our home park is SFNE....

IDK....I was jut reviewing MF POV.....there’s only 2 air time hills....what’s up with that....it may be a hundred feet taller than Supe at SFNE but it doesn’t hold up against Supes 3 epic airs before it heads into the spaghetti bowl of insaneness....Supe at SFNE really is great

IDK....I was jut reviewing MF POV.....there’s only 2 air time hills....what’s up with that....it may be a hundred feet taller than Supe at SFNE but it doesn’t hold up against Supes 3 epic airs before it heads into the spaghetti bowl of insaneness....Supe at SFNE really is great

I totally rank Superman higher than Millennium Force BUT if there is one thing I've learned in this hobby is to never judge a coaster by a POV. As much as I prefer Superman, MF is reeeeally good. In essence, don't knock it til ya try it.

If it wasn't for the painful restraints, superman would be in my top 10.

Why are the restraints so terrible? I keep hearing this and IDK, I don't mind them.....thing is though - Superman is really the only hyper I have ridden.....I need to get out more lol

Why are the restraints so terrible? I keep hearing this and IDK, I don't mind them.....thing is though - Superman is really the only hyper I have ridden.....I need to get out more lol

There was an accident early in the early 2000s. I forget which year, but when it reopened the state would not allow the original T-bar restraints it was designed with ala Millenium Force or Top Thrill Dragster. Now they’re thick yellow U-bars? Correct me if im wrong, I haven’t been in a few years, kind of similar to the thickness of El toro.

There was an accident early in the early 2000s. I forget which year, but when it reopened the state would not allow the original T-bar restraints it was designed with ala Millenium Force or Top Thrill Dragster. Now they’re thick yellow U-bars? Correct me if im wrong, I haven’t been in a few years, kind of similar to the thickness of El toro.

The accident happened in early 2004. They added weird ankle restraints and side bars to the T-bar restraints. I rode it for the first time later that season, and compared to the T-bar system of MF/TTD, they were the exact same but just more crammed due to the additions. In 2009 they got totally new trains, which included the massive new lap bars that land directly on the mid-thigh (they are much thicker than Toro's lap bar as well). They are also now ratchet-style, so they are easier to click down even further during high g-force moments than the old restraints, which further compounds the stapling/painfulness.

Ya the guy that got ejected was from Bloomfield, CT near where I live.....he was ejected on the last turn before the brake run - the restraint did not lock in from what i've read - IDK how a train can be cleared to leave if theres a restraint not locked but maybe back in 2004 it could.....his size was an issue and he had cerebral palsy.....

Currently the restraints are black and your legs go in between the connecting bars rather than straddling a single bar as I imagine it would be like with T-bar......I will admit the restraint is bulky and never seems to land right on my lap - I much prefer the kind on wicked cyclone...those are comfortable

Yeah there's just something about MF that is just so amazing. I will say though if it weren't for the restraints, Superman would probably beat MF for me.

I totally rank Superman higher than Millennium Force BUT if there is one thing I've learned in this hobby is to never judge a coaster by a POV. As much as I prefer Superman, MF is reeeeally good. In essence, don't knock it til ya try it.

The two coasters are pretty different now that I look at it - MF drop is higher by like 80 feet and the top speed is faster by 16 mph with a longer track.....but Superman makes up for it with more airs and that ridiculousness after the third big hill.....the tunnel and the last two bunny hops is nice.....I'm sure the drop on MF and those G's you pull at the bottom of the drop are nuts and that first overbank looks very tight - probably where it pushes the 4.5 G's listed on Wiki....Superman maxes at 3.8 probably in the same overbank after the first big hill.....

I also looked at layout of the two coasters and Superman is more linear running along the CT River bank and had the available length to fit the lift hill, drop and first hill in before turning it around at the overbank.....then the twisty track through the cutouts and two airtime hills coming back for the spaghetti bowl.....MF also runs along the shoreline but they had to take it inland a bit onto that island to get the length they wanted......probably why they couldn't get a big hill in after the drop....I'd love to design these things....would be so fun

I finally got on MF and to CP this year at Coastermania. The pure speed is just awesome but between the two I still think Superman, can’t use possessive because of contracts with DC, is the better layout but MF’s restraints and trains are so much better. Both are just awesome coasters.