TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Went to the park for a few hours this afternoon. Mild temperatures and the first dry weekend in quite some time brought in a large crowd. Parked 2/3rds of the way back in lot 3 at 2pm. Only running 2 trams for a parking lot that was nearly 100% full was causing a decent sized line to build up so walked to the park (only 1 tram went past while I was walking). 3 more were sitting dormant off to the side. Hope they start using them all as we get into the summer.

Started off trying to find a place that had a decently short line for lunch. Rivi's was mobbed, Johnny Rocket's was out the door, so settled for Fast Eddies which didn't have a huge line but only 1 register working and not very quickly. South End/Rockville was a sea of people heading to the waterpark and Harley Quinn so decided to head to the North End to start. 30 minute wait each for Skyscreamer and Wicked Cyclone. Forget which train I rode in but the back car was very loud today. Felt like it was subtly scrubbing a little bit of speed leading to some epic hang time on the last zero g roll.

Headed back south as Queue Times was showing only a 25 minute wait for Harley Quinn but when I got there the queue was full and based on the reports I've read so far about slow load times had to imagine the wait was a lot more than 25 minutes. Got a ride on the Joker while I was in the area, just a 5 minute wait and a crazy first half of the ride but modest 2nd half with no flipping.

Went for Superman next which had what may have been the shortest line in the entire park. Barely out of the station, so got 2 rides (back and 2nd row) in a matter of 20 minutes. First time on it this year, definitely getting more bumpy in its old age but still a fantastic ride.

Headed out after that. First rides on Harley Quinn will have to wait for another day, but looks fantastic in action.

^ The Six Flags app claims a full queue for Harley is 70 minutes and from the dispatch times I saw last weekend, that very well could be accurate.

Did you ride Superman in the red train? For whatever reason, that one tends to rattle more than the blue one. Still neither gives a ride I'd consider the least bit rough though.

^ It's still the Premier train enthusiasts hate, right?

I know there was a pipe dream that the extended downtime may mean a new train.

We were there today and they were definitely testing it with dummies....all day.....I am too novice to know if they’ve changed the trains but maybe somebody here can comment on these pics I took....maybe you can’t....it is a bit far away

49A54C5C-BF7B-436C-9217-047BF274F7BE.thumb.jpeg.9c5e449fa89ed1941234d65d1b94f39e.jpeg

77BF7EA2-1AE4-465D-8C86-150993432325.thumb.jpeg.6448f4e9b337e00725239def83a8412e.jpeg

9EDB741E-9F63-43BD-93DA-53D68940DBF1.thumb.jpeg.d23e2efeb35f2738d1c69e57fcb4ffa0.jpeg

^ The Six Flags app claims a full queue for Harley is 70 minutes and from the dispatch times I saw last weekend, that very well could be accurate.

Did you ride Superman in the red train? For whatever reason, that one tends to rattle more than the blue one. Still neither gives a ride I'd consider the least bit rough though.

Rode today and can’t say which train I rode but I will pay attention now.....I am trying tonfiguremout where on the train has the best floater air....I mean clearly it’s near the center but last time I rode I picked the car in the middle that only has one row....there’s a big S thing on the train in the second row of that car for whatever reason.....it was especially rough....and floater was ok but not great.....today I chose the second row of the car in front of that....and it was so

Much better....but you mentioning the difference in general ride between the trains is curious.....your tohoights on best train and car combo for that really amazing free fall feel over those hills?

Those look like the Premier ones.

The old Vekoma ones were staggered on the end seats.

So no change then? Is it the Premier that’s so sucky? I rode it last season and man I had the biggest headache walking off it.....why did they change it?

Also finally rode Fireball....my daughter loves the ride and she begged me and I couldn’t resist....I ride coasters of any size and I just couldn’t bring Myself to ride this thing....I don’t like upside down stall rides....but I got on and had a blast...

So in exchange she promised to ride Riddlers Revenge....we rode it twice....second time in front....awesome with the new restraints they put on.....it’s a totally different ride....well done SFNE

Rode today and can’t say which train I rode but I will pay attention now.....I am trying tonfiguremout where on the train has the best floater air....I mean clearly it’s near the center but last time I rode I picked the car in the middle that only has one row....there’s a big S thing on the train in the second row of that car for whatever reason.....it was especially rough....and floater was ok but not great.....today I chose the second row of the car in front of that....and it was so

Much better....but you mentioning the difference in general ride between the trains is curious.....your tohoights on best train and car combo for that really amazing free fall feel over those hills?

It's not a major enough difference to warrant me waiting an extra ride for the other train but just something I have noticed.

The missing row is leftovers from the old audio when it was Bizarro.

Also finally rode Fireball....my daughter loves the ride and she begged me and I couldn’t resist....I ride coasters of any size and I just couldn’t bring Myself to ride this thing....I don’t like upside down stall rides....but I got on and had a blast...

So in exchange she promised to ride Riddlers Revenge....we rode it twice....second time in front....awesome with the new restraints they put on.....it’s a totally different ride....well done SFNE

Holy crap periods and spellcheck are your friends.

I know

Sorry

I know

Sorry

Does anyone know if the water park has lifejackets for little kids (5 years old) on hand or is it something we have to bring?

What about towels?

Also, I know roller coasters you can't have phones, etc.. but whats the deal with waterslides, same? no gopros?

Does anyone know if the water park has lifejackets for little kids (5 years old) on hand or is it something we have to bring?

What about towels?

Also, I know roller coasters you can't have phones, etc.. but whats the deal with waterslides, same? no gopros?

Their life jacket policy is on their website... https://www.sixflags.com/newengland/plan-your-visit/water-park-information

No, they do no provide towels.

What about towels?

Selfie sticks are prohibited....I’d think if you tried to board Superman with a GoPro protruding from your head they’d bark unless you arranged it earlier with higher up folks......they have life jackets available but there’s usually not enough and they’re usually gross.....and why would you use you take your phone on a water slide? Lol

I went to the park yesterday, the waterpark was pretty full but I got there at opening so we really didn't wait in too many lines.

The rest of the park was pretty empty. Walk on SROS, Wicked Cyclone, and Batman. Penguin's Blizzard River had a 30 minute wait, and Harley Quinn was 45 minutes to 1 hour.

^Penguin's Blizzard River isn't there anymore! I'm assuming you meant Joker, which took its place?

Blizzard River is still there, Splashwater Falls is the one that got scrapped for Joker. Blizzard River is the name of the one at SFA but the one at SFNE is the raft ride by Wicked Cyclone.