TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

We were actually talking about this when we visited Holiday in the Park in New England a few weeks ago.

I'm not a fan of winter, but I'd MUCH rather walk around a theme park with snow on the ground and temps in the 30's than on some of those 98 degree, 100% humidity theme park days from this past June in Florida. It keeps your beer cold at least and you can dress for it. You can't dress for oppressive heat and humidity.

:lol: We were actually talking about this when we visited Holiday in the Park in New England a few weeks ago.

I'm not a fan of winter, but I'd MUCH rather walk around a theme park with snow on the ground and temps in the 30's than on some of those 98 degree, 100% humidity theme park days from this past June in Florida. It keeps your beer cold at least and you can dress for it. You can't dress for oppressive heat and humidity.

Dude I know. It can be extremely difficult during those deep summer months like July and August. Certainly SFGA and SF Georgia are worse but still I can't even. We went to SFGA in 2016 and I was dripping waiting for Kingda Ka to take off. But man what a ride.

Has Great Adventure ever closed due to cold? I know when they're open everything seems to run.

Yeah, they did last year (I think on a Friday night where they were probably projecting low crowds anyway). Great Adventure can probably weather the storm next week but it will be unseasonably cold and they'll have an interesting time trying to get some of the coasters started next week if temps don't tick up a little (though knowing them, they very well might pull it off). New England is screwed though.

Edit... aaaaaand SFNE is closed today too. Ouch.

Just a heads up: the park is closed today. They're blaming ice, I'm sort of worried that they're done for the year if they're not opening today.

It's 27 degrees today. After today it's plunging to 22 tomorrow and then won't get out of the teens until next Wednesday after the event has concluded.

The roads by me are still terrible. Usually the sand trucks are out in full force, but with schools on vacation, they haven't been out with the same urgency.

I really hope the park can reopen this year. Cold weather is inevitable in New England, but the next 7 days are particularly rough even by our standard.