TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Superman is very good in the back, but I think the front seat is the truly special seat. The air seems more intense up there.

Agreed completely. Since my first rides on it back in 2004 I have always felt the front was better. The ejector is stronger, the view is obviously better, and nowadays a lot less shuffling up front.

Me and my family are going to the park for rope drop, one of our favorite rides, Pandemonium always gets a long line, We live and 1 1/2 a way South of Albany, NY, What are the odds we can no to minimum wait

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I've always just done the single rider line on Pandemonium and get on in less than 5 minutes. It's poorly marked (if it's even marked at all) but you go up the Flash Pass ramp and just tell the grouper you're a single rider.

Not sure what the main wait would be immediately after rope drop but I can't see that being the first ride for too many people. The line will build up quickly though and be over an hour for sure.

Yeah, if you have a family with you and want to get on with a minimum of waiting, it's pretty smart to hit Pandemonium at rope drop then carry on back towards WC. That line can easily grow to a 30-60 minute wait in no time flat.

The pre-show on Houdini probably would have freaked me out as a kid as well. Tower of Terror's did that to me my first two times at Disney. Thankfully my dad wasn't going to force a crying child on the ride. Granted I probably would have liked the ride, but that's still not great parenting.

The pre-show on Houdini probably would have freaked me out as a kid as well. Tower of Terror's did that to me my first two times at Disney. Thankfully my dad wasn't going to force a crying child on the ride. Granted I probably would have liked the ride, but that's still not great parenting.
But then the mother gave the kid a chance to get off the ride and wait in that hallway, but the kid insisted to stay on. Great ride though.

Back on the parenting thing, I was on Blizzard River and a kid was freaking out about possible splash cannons on the ride. I assured her as an experienced rider that there was no surprises and told her about the waterfalls. She was still freaking out during the ride and the mother threatened to leave ASAP after the raft ride if she didn't chill.

Awkward ride since it was just me and their family. Nevertheless, still a fun rapids ride

^^ YES! I love Zamperla Giant Discoveries. They are definitely in my top five favorite flat rides. I wonder where they will put it? Anybody have any good ideas on where it can go? I was thinking it could replace Tomahawk but something tells me they won't get rid of it considering Six Flags New England has back to back Boomerangs.

Great addition! The one I rode at SFOT was a really thrilling ride and seemed to be very popular. I just hope this doesn't have a lot of downtime. Riddler went down a few times during my visit to SFOT and Black Widow was down for the night at Kennywood when I went, but maybe I just have bad luck.

Like SFDK ad La Ronde, I think the park can definitely keep Tomahawk as well. Tomahawk is more about spinning and the Giant Discoveries are more about the swinging.

99% sure it is going in the south end of the park. I believe they are going to be doing some rearranging with the flats including a removal of one unfortunately. Very excited about this though.

As long as its not Buzzsaw I'm OK with that. Also, I'm really really really jealous Great Adv is likely not getting one of these.

A few thoughts...

1) This is spectacular news, though like Boldikus I hope the chain bought more than one of these because I really want one for Great Adventure.

2) Tomahawk is listed as a Holiday in the Park ride. This is obviously not a replacement as they would definitely want to get a head start on it's removal if it was (even though I'm sure they have no interest in getting this ride ready for opening day). Awesome, I love Tomahawk.

3) I really feel like this is going to go where the stupid slingshot is. I would think there would be plenty of room for it and I think it would look awesome there. There aren't really many other places where it could go. Down by the Wild Mouse maybe?

YAHOO! I just rode Tomahawk for the first time yesterday, and that was fun. Looking forward to a Zamperla Giant Discovery as a great improvement.

Also, quick ride count from yesterday:

Superman

GCG:EFAA

Batman: TDK

Joker

*On my Joker ride (purple side), I actually stalled upside down at least twice, which made me gray out a little bit. Got my ass kicked.*

Pandemonium x2 (There's actually a single rider line there I didn't know about: it's the same as the FP queue)

Wicked Cyclone

Sky Screamer

Blizzard River

Houdini

Tomahawk

Scream (They weren't running the shot sequence: just the drop. That sucked )

Mind Eraser

A few thoughts...

1) This is spectacular news, though like Boldikus I hope the chain bought more than one of these because I really want one for Great Adventure.

2) Tomahawk is listed as a Holiday in the Park ride. This is obviously not a replacement as they would definitely want to get a head start on it's removal if it was (even though I'm sure they have no interest in getting this ride ready for opening day). Awesome, I love Tomahawk.

3) I really feel like this is going to go where the stupid slingshot is. I would think there would be plenty of room for it and I think it would look awesome there. There aren't really many other places where it could go. Down by the Wild Mouse maybe?

I hope it goes where the Slingshot is, it looks out of place and something Six Flags just put there because money