TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I do like these 4D Free Fly coasters but SF definitely is getting clone happy. Sad there was no RMC additions next year from the chain but at least no more super loops. But overall, I like the SF additions even though a lot of them are the same.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back in myself...due to work and Springfield traffic I didn't get into the park until 6:40. Decent amount of cars in the lot upon arrival. Be aware that the tram is closed, so be ready to wal

It still amuses that every time I visited a U.S. park that featured a Giant Inverted Boomerang, the ride was always broken. I had to go all the way to China with TPR to finally ride one. 😆 It was fun,

Glad they're finding additional revenue sources. I ended up going to the Holiday in the Park Lights event last week.  It felt sort of eerie walking around the park with all the rides sitting idle

Posted Images

I do like these 4D Free Fly coasters but SF definitely is getting clone happy. Sad there was no RMC additions next year from the chain but at least no more super loops. But overall, I like the SF additions even though a lot of them are the same.

Getting?? They've been clone-happy for years - these are just the newest ones.

^I wou;ldn't be surprised if they just ended up removing it. 2018 could be a great year to replace it with an Endeavor.

I'd love for this to happen. That ride sucks and it's sucked ever since they moved it outdoors. I actually enjoyed it when it was an indoor ride.

We are also doing a Six Flags Themed TPR Bag-O-Crap Twitter give-away! See our Twitter feed for details on how to be entered to win this cool Six Flags stuff including a couple of those giant park "wall maps!" Continue to RT our tweets from later today to be entered for a better chance to win! Winner will be picked later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Click:

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CrSdak1VYAAlB1X.jpg

CrSda3yUAAAVJeQ.jpg

CrSdak3VMAAK2HI.jpg

So the possibility that WC is allowing preferred seating and the $50 2017 season passes finally got me back to SFNE yesterday after taking this year off from the park.

> Crowds were VERY light

> We really were allowed to wait for any row on WC all day long with no pressure to fill in empty rows.

> Waits for front row were minimal because you had to kind of work your way through the crowd, much like the situation with the back rows of Toro.

> WC was running AWESOME. Very smooth, very fast, incredible airtime. By far the best rides I've ever had on it.

> Saw three different crews running the ride. Two were doing a great job, and the third was one of the worst crews I've ever seen. Each of the three dispatches before our ride were over 7 minutes, for no good reason.

> At Superman we weren't allowed to wait for preferred seating even before they started running VR. They forced you to fill empty rows. They had the fog cranked way up in the tunnel which was cool. We stayed away once VR started.

> Goliath is giant turd and appears to be losing popularity, it was running with no line whatsoever all day. Our ride in row 4 was one of my worst ever.

> The Six Flagiest thing ever: Meal plan snack gets you an ice cream cone, but they hit you up for $0.59 if you want sprinkles.

According to SFNE Online Superman without VR is allowing choice of seats but certain groupers are still feeling a little to empowered. Management has said they are fixing the issue. VR is also only 3-6 pm now and in her latest live chat Jen said to get your rides in now if you want to try it so it's going away.

I'm guessing it's all SF parks but at least SFNE is offering a slight discount during the flash sale for renewing 2016 pass holders. Noticed this when renewing yesterday. The link is on the renewal page and it comes with a few added benefits.

image.thumb.jpeg.76ae23f9bdbd300c7f0e94378590a561.jpeg

Brown Link for Added Discount

image.thumb.jpeg.76ae23f9bdbd300c7f0e94378590a561.jpeg

Brown Link for Added Discount

The form page gave me an issue but it did eventually work when I opened the form in its own window. You enter your current pass number and it gives you a code.

image.thumb.jpeg.00ca3b1d4f5a390d6f3a0c96800c55b0.jpeg

Added Benefits

^I'm glad they are fixing the issue with seat choices on Superman. In July, I encountered an incredibly rude operator who made a huge deal out of it when I went directly to the front row after not being told to go to any specific row, and having visited in the past and been used to the old open-seating system. He made such a big deal out of it that someone took the place of the row he apparently wanted me to go to and I ended up getting a front row ride anyway.

Hello all,

I am going to Six Flags New England tomorrow and am a little nervous about the crowds... I read in this thread that Saturday was light crowd wise. Do you think we can expect the same for tomorrow (holiday) or do you anticipate a very busy day ?

Also, will my Six Flags Great America parking pass (built into my season pass) work at SFNE? I am so looking forward to getting back on Wicked Cyclone, thanks in advance for the help.

Hello all,

I am going to Six Flags New England tomorrow and am a little nervous about the crowds... I read in this thread that Saturday was light crowd wise. Do you think we can expect the same for tomorrow (holiday) or do you anticipate a very busy day ?

Also, will my Six Flags Great America parking pass (built into my season pass) work at SFNE? I am so looking forward to getting back on Wicked Cyclone, thanks in advance for the help.

If your pass is a GOLD pass, parking is covered at all parks.

Hello all,

I was at the park today (well yesterday ...Sunday) and it was packed. Your parking pass will work but otherwise go Gold or Platinum Flash Pass but buy it on site if it is busy (I assume it will be). The season Flash Pass is 249 and will work for all of 2017 at all Siix Flags parks but you need to buy a 2017 season pass first to get it. My bf (disclosure gay couple haha) and I will be at the park from opening for a few hours if you want to meet up or say hi. It was packed on Sunday and the ops were terrible so get there early even if you opt for Flash Pass. Feel free to PM me. Hope you have a great day at the park!!!

I had my first visit to the park Sunday and my review is mixed. The park is nicer and bigger than people make it out to be. It's very generic but nice. I absolutely loved most employees but the ride ops were dreadful. If only the ops were better... the employees are friendly enough as is but WOW ops are so bad the rides can't be fulfilling much more than half their potential. I was underwhelmed by Superman after hearing great things but it's still a top notch older Intimin. WC exceeded my expectations. This park would be great if they stopped with all the policy nonsense, filled the trains, and stopped forcing riders into rows. I was basically attacked on Superman for taking a row I was told I was allowed to have then not moving to another row for no reason when the main op said I couldn't be there. I had to fight it until the other rows were filled. It was painful. The flash pass and season pass processing employees were wonderful though. They trump pretty much any employee in the Six Flags chain even though they were overwhelmed on a busy day with customers confused by 2017 sales offerings.

I may seem like I'm complaining but it's really a better park than expected.

Hello all,

I was at the park today (well yesterday ...Sunday) and it was packed. Your parking pass will work but otherwise go Gold or Platinum Flash Pass but buy it on site if it is busy (I assume it will be). The season Flash Pass is 249 and will work for all of 2017 at all Siix Flags parks but you need to buy a 2017 season pass first to get it. My bf (disclosure gay couple haha) and I will be at the park from opening for a few hours if you want to meet up or say hi. It was packed on Sunday and the ops were terrible so get there early even if you opt for Flash Pass. Feel free to PM me. Hope you have a great day at the park!!!

We were at the park yesterday too. We got there about 4 cause we did Lake Compounce first. Flash pass was a must, and I tried to buy the all season flash pass, but I hadn't processed my SFOG 2017 SP yet. Drat... But still paying the money for the gold pass straight was money well spent based on the crowds. Ride operations were terrible as the night progressed, in fact I think we waited 30 minutes for WC in the station alone around 915pm as they were taking like 10 minutes to dispatch a train. And had we known you were there SFOG1991, my bf and I would have introduced ourselves, as it seems we share the same home Six Flags. All in all it was great to get back to SFNE, operations aside.

Hello all,

We were at the park yesterday too. We got there about 4 cause we did Lake Compounce first. Flash pass was a must, and I tried to buy the all season flash pass, but I hadn't processed my SFOG 2017 SP yet. Drat... But still paying the money for the gold pass straight was money well spent based on the crowds. Ride operations were terrible as the night progressed, in fact I think we waited 30 minutes for WC in the station alone around 915pm as they were taking like 10 minutes to dispatch a train. And had we known you were there SFOG1991, my bf and I would have introduced ourselves, as it seems we share the same home Six Flags. All in all it was great to get back to SFNE, operations aside.

I've never been one to meet up with other enthusiasts randomly but you seem nice and I'm sure it would've been nice to meet you and your bf. We were at Wicked Cyclone at that time too. Do y'all have matching r ings? I noticed two guys with r ings just like ours lol and we prevented those guys from boarding due to our double ride wristband. Small world to have two local SFOG visitors at SFNE the same day. My bf and I agree ops were painfully awful but at least employees were surprisingly friendly.

We went to Lake Compounce today (Monday) actually and found Blouder Dash to be great but too rough to enjoy. We rode twice and had to give up. Wildcat was closed. Not the best visit but the park was nice and with retracking we would return without a doubt.

We would definitely be open to meeting up at SFOG (or Lake Winnie or Dollywood) sometime. We aren't weird annoying enthusiast types which is always my concern meeting other enthusiasts. Feel free to PM me if y'all want to say hi sometime. We wouldn't mind having nearby friends interested in coasters/parks.

Where does it state that season long flash pass is good for all parks? First I've heard that

It is not good at other parks.

I was told by multiple employees at SFNE that it was good at all parks. I didn't believe it so I requested the Flash Pass manager and they confirmed it was good at all Six Flags properties... I will not be happy if that isn't honored. They sold me on the fact that it was for all parks even after I mentioned the promotion said otherwise. Curious to see what happens but from my interactions with managers it is good at all parks. I never fully trust Six Flags though.