TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Well looks like I'll definitely have to get Fast Pass for Friday August 5th! I can't wait to go back to the park. I went on Northeast Tour 2011 and had a great time at the park! Looking forward to riding Superman back as Superman!

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The US will never come close to a 100% take rate for a COVID vaccine. Hell, for the 2018-2019 flu season, only 45% of adults got the flu shot, which has been tested and proven to have minimal side ef

I'm sure that's not the criteria. They'll reopen when the governor arbitrarily decides that they can. There will be no metrics or science involved but there will be a press conference about how they'r

Posted Images

They shut the VR off yesterday around 6 because of rain and didn't put it back on the ride for the rest of the night. Line ended up moving really fast. One thing that pisses me off is that even when they shut the VR off they still assign seats. Great job six flags great job. Give us the old station set up, get rid of this VR garbage. PLEASE!

I feel like nothing shows Six Flag's incompetence better than the way they've lessened the experience and butchered operations on the possible #1 coaster in the world over the last 8 years. They could have done nothing this entire time and had a better customer experience.

I think that with many of the issues that VR brings, Six Flags will cancel it on most if not all rides by 2018.

Maybe it's just a 2016 season thing. We can hope lol

I think that with many of the issues that VR brings, Six Flags will cancel it on most if not all rides by 2018.

Maybe it's just a 2016 season thing. We can hope lol

I am hoping for that too, but I think Six Flags will remove it from only a few rides next year hoping that they can fix some of the issues with VR.

But they have put an investment into it. Will they drop it that quickly if they don't get their ROI this year?

Also, did they get some sort of sponsorship with Samsung? If so we may be in for the duration of a contract.

I don't care if it stays in the park, just take it the hell off of Superman and put it on another coaster. Keep it the hell away from Superman and Wicked Cyclone and put it on Batman or Mind Eraser and then I'd be fine with it.

Was at the park today and rode Wicked Cyclone 10 times as it was walk on for pretty much the entire day. The vibrations from last year are non existent now and the ride's loud roar is also gone. It's running faster than last year, but the orange train is definitely slower than the blue.

I feel like nothing shows Six Flag's incompetence better than the way they've lessened the experience and butchered operations on the possible #1 coaster in the world over the last 8 years. They could have done nothing this entire time and had a better customer experience.

this must be a typo - that may be #1 in the park (not my #1 btw) but in the world? no

this must be a typo - that may be #1 in the park (not my #1 btw) but in the world? no

For a handful of years, back before it was Bizarro, Superman: Ride of Steel (as it was called then) was considered by many to be the #1 coaster in the world, or at least in the conversation. That was also before the death on it resulted in the change in restraints, which lessened the amount of air-time (presumably) one would get on the ride. Sadly, I haven't ridden it to be able to rank it myself, but I certainly hope to do so someday before long (but long enough away that VR isn't on it anymore.)

Back in the SROS days the ride was hands down the best coaster in the world according to most people. I didn't get my first ride on it as SROS until 2008 when I was 9 so I wouldn't be able to compare it to now even though I rode it 10-11 times that year. Then came the Bizarro transformation and that made the ride seem lesser than it really was. The audio headrests new restraints and new trains made the experience worse. And in changing it back to Superman the Ride they didn't fix any of this. They just replaced the audio headrests with new headrests. A lot of the reason the ride isn't perceived as it used to be is because Six Flags has constantly screwed with it since the SROS days. If they just left it alone like they should of with TLC here or there it would probably still be that top tier coaster it once was. I think it still is top tier IMO, hell I liked it more than Fury.

Especially the red one. I don't really notice a rattle on the blue train its only a slight rattle there. The red constantly rattles from the 1st drop to the final turn. It's almost constant.

Im really intrested in the water coaster and possible the drop capsule slides as far as the water park goes. Im just trying to get a good bit in in a half day.

Typhoon almost always has an hour wait or so if the water park is even somewhat crowded. I had to skip it yesterday. I rode Bonzai Pipeline yesterday and it was about a 15-20 minute wait around 5 pm. The initial drop was quite the thrill, but the transitions between turns was a little uncomfortable (you could really feel where the slide pieces came together).

So if I get to the park, head straight to super man and, well, any other rides I should hit up first before it gets a huge line? I was thinking if I get to the water park at opening I should be ok to get a few slides (typhoon and bonzai) in no time? Im coming on thursday.

It's always good to go to Goliath as soon as possible. Ask if you can wait for the front. Sometimes they let you and it's a lot of fun. If they say no, prepare for a beating.

But yeah, go to Superman first. Then go there.

It's always good to go to Goliath as soon as possible. Ask if you can wait for the front. Sometimes they let you and it's a lot of fun. If they say no, prepare for a beating.

I was lucky enough to go about a month ago on a Wednesday and everything was just about a walk on. A friend and I went on Goliath and we were literally the only two people on the ride. So we sat front row and man it was a hell of a lot better than the back. We sat second to last row on it earlier in the day. I hear a lot of negativity about that ride, but I have to say that front row ride was damn exhilarating. Going up that second tower being in the front, I didn't think we were ever gonna stop.

But yeah, go to Superman first. Then go there.

Me and my friend just let people go in front of us. OP said nothing and we got the front on the next train.