TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

A couple of quick questions:

1. At what time is the early entrance for Gold pass members?

2. Which rides are available during the early entrance time?

I did some research both here and with Google and I can't find anything!

"Early entry"is like 5 mins early, just enough time to get to the queue of a ride before official opening.

"Early entry"is like 5 mins early, just enough time to get to the queue of a ride before official opening.

Since I am going to use it only once at Six Flags New England, is it worth it the extra 60 $?

For the parking in the other Six Flags parks I'm visiting I already have another plan!

Since I am going to use it only once at Six Flags New England, is it worth it the extra 60 $?

For the parking in the other Six Flags parks I'm visiting I already have another plan!

Probably not. Use that $60 towards a Flash Pass instead if you have too.

Anyone going for opening weekend? I'm trying to go on Sunday afternoon on my way home from visiting a friend... What's the best seat on Wicked Cyclone? I have yet to get on that beast! Quite excited for all the !!!

You can't choose your seat on anything at Six Flags New England except Superman (until it goes VR) and Mind Eraser. Luckily every seat is a good seat on Wicked Cyclone. Ride Superman in row 1.

Any word from the park on when they plan on phasing in the VR? I'm starting to plan my annual visit, and I'd like to visit before this gimmick comes in and takes Superman's already sluggish operations and grinds them to a glacial pace.

When I went the operations were painfully slow, the staff wasn't helpful or friendly at all, and worst of all, they had this stupid policy! Even some other Six Flags parks don't have all of these problems. And out of the four I've been to, SFNE is the only one with the no-choosing-your-seat rule. I'm pretty sure the park has a new head of operations this season who used to work at the Great Escape. And that park is much friendlier and their rules aren't as stupid. So there might be some hope left that the new guy isn't smoking as much crack as the last one.

Any word from the park on when they plan on phasing in the VR? I'm starting to plan my annual visit, and I'd like to visit before this gimmick comes in and takes Superman's already sluggish operations and grinds them to a glacial pace.

I'm with you on that. It starts on June 11th. I'm planning to visit before then too because Superman's operations are already horrendous.

When I went the operations were painfully slow, the staff wasn't helpful or friendly at all, and worst of all, they had this stupid policy! Even some other Six Flags parks don't have all of these problems. And out of the four I've been to, SFNE is the only one with the no-choosing-your-seat rule. I'm pretty sure the park has a new head of operations this season who used to work at the Great Escape. And that park is much friendlier and their rules aren't as stupid. So there might be some hope left that the new guy isn't smoking as much crack as the last one.

Your SFNE experience was typical. I disagree though, I think Great Escape had the worst operations of any park I've ever seen in my life. The only exception is the Comet. Boomerang, Mine Train and Demon all averaged 7 minute dispatches when we were there (on a Fright Fest Saturday) and Alpine Bobsled... god damn.

I'm looking to come up next weekend and do all Saturday and Sunday (16th and 17th) how will the crowds be? Id rather not get a flash pass. I've never been to this park before but from reading some of the the past few pages it seems superman and wicked cyclone are the two I should hit up first. I'm really surprised you can't pick your own row. I'll deal but I like to try to ride front/back row on every ride for my first two times on them.

Man I would so hate it if SFGAdv had groupers. Lametown to the max.

I wonder if you could slip one of them a fiver for a back row ride, teenagers are usually an easy bribe.

It's not necessarly a discount package. Red/purple are naturally lesser precvieved colors by our eyes. Green is more noticable. And the light polution from the lamps beneath the ride make it look spotty (for lack of a better term).

Sure, SF could be neutering the brightness to save money. But the light package is cool anyway.

I'm looking to come up next weekend and do all Saturday and Sunday (16th and 17th) how will the crowds be? Id rather not get a flash pass. I've never been to this park before but from reading some of the the past few pages it seems superman and wicked cyclone are the two I should hit up first. I'm really surprised you can't pick your own row. I'll deal but I like to try to ride front/back row on every ride for my first two times on them.

Assuming it's open (doubtful)... you should ride Goliath first and ask for row 1. If you get there early they might let you wait.

Every other row is terrible and brutally rough but row 1 kind of rules.

You won't need Flash Pass.

I'm with you on that. It starts on June 11th. I'm planning to visit before then too because Superman's operations are already horrendous.

After adding more staff and retraining everybody to deal with the new headsets, operations on Superman actually improve.