TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I guess that we better start saving our money for our visit in July as I see that the Platinum Flash Passes are going for $90.

I remember the lines being horrendously long when we last visited SFNE (and that was during the week) so I guess that I would rather shell out the dough than have to wait in what are most likely going to be a seriously long lines for WC & Bizarro.

Does anyone know if the Platinum FP is good for unlimited rides on WC? I assume so as it is listed as one of the included rides, but I wanted to make sure that it wasn't like Great America where the Flash Pass was only good for one ride on Goliath.

^ Just watch the photo above and you can see that it's not steel.

A quote from Robb:

The ride is just relentless! And oddly enough, with they nylon wheels on the train, it *feels* a lot more like a wood coaster than the RMC conversion projects in Texas do. I know it's consider a steel coaster (as it should be), but it has a different feel to it, and I like that.

Could it be because RMC trains don't have steering bogies like other steel coaster manufacturers have? Maybe because even though they're trailored and have a suspension system, the stiffness of the wheels cause a slight amount of hunting (similar to Millennium Flyers).

^This whole discussion is amusing me greatly.

All I gotta say is, I hope it's running as good in September or whenever I get to ride it as it is now.

I'm sure it'll be even better than it is now because of the heat and breaking in. I plan to ride late August or so, can't wait

^This whole discussion is amusing me greatly.

All I gotta say is, I hope it's running as good in September or whenever I get to ride it as it is now.

in case you thought that was a stupid statement about all three types of wheels on wicked cyclone, it's on video for all to see.

Does anyone know if the Platinum FP is good for unlimited rides on WC? I assume so as it is listed as one of the included rides, but I wanted to make sure that it wasn't like Great America where the Flash Pass was only good for one ride on Goliath.
They were allowing unlimited FP access today. One guy marathoned it all day long thru flashpass, we'd see him go buy us two or three times for each of our rides. One of my group sat next to him around 6pm and he mentioned he was on ride 25. Now, this was a gold pass preview day, so no guarantee this will be the policy for standard public operation, but I strongly suspect it will be.

There were a ton of school groups today and I actually felt kind of bad for the kids who got to see WC run all day with screaming riders but got denied whenever they tried to get in line. They needed a staff of 3-5 security at two stations to keep non-pass holders out of the line. I saw at least ten people try to sneak in but they all got caught.

Was thrilled to see waits under a 1/2h all the way up to 2pm, so decided to head over for a "quick ride" on Bizarro. Ugh, one train running, slow ops, line cutters all over, and a wait pushing 100min for front or back of train. When we ended up back at WC around 4:45 the wait was about 75min.

Part of the themeing has a "weather forecast" on the "news" announcing the "wicked cyclone" coming. It was pretty cool because the last names of the anchors, meteorologists, etc were nods to people involved with the original or rethought rides: Cobb, Schilke. There were other names but I didn't recognize them. The other impressive themeing element is the plane crashing into the station - it's a real plane!

The 1ockers are set up horribly, and one of the two booths was not even working. That made for a real cluster. My only other beef is the assigned seating for the ride. I guess I'm just too sensitive to this, but it really does irk me. I ended up with one ride in row 2 and four rides in rows 8-10. Of course the ride was absolutely phenomenal from anywhere, but there was some definite disappointment in not getting a chance at front row or back car.

The course itself is just indescribably blissful. Due to always riding hands up all the way, my first couple laps I kept smacking my ride partner right in the noggin, haha. There are just so many quick snappy turns that catch you totally off guard until you really get to know the course. Love coasters that trick me. The inversions are more pleasurable than any other I've experienced, short of pretzel loops. The airtime is not quite as dramatic as I was anticipating, but on a ride this good, it doesn't NEED to be the main point of focus. The twists and rolls are so much fun that it took me a couple rides before airtime was even on my mind.

The park has a winner. They just need to let people pick their own &$#% seats for the whole experience to shine to its full potential.

Cyclone was running insanely amazing today, got an awesome ride at night as well. Definitely my favorite steel coaster.

Also the ride is running steel/nylon wheels until the paint wears away, then it will run urethane/nylon.

They were allowing unlimited FP access today. One guy marathoned it all day long thru flashpass, we'd see him go buy us two or three times for each of our rides. One of my group sat next to him around 6pm and he mentioned he was on ride 25. Now, this was a gold pass preview day, so no guarantee this will be the policy for standard public operation, but I strongly suspect it will be.

That was probably me. I can confirm from the Flash Pass office that the policy for the season is unlimited FP access for Platinum only, but no double rides.

^^^^What exactly is it about the airtime that you found underwhelming? I'm sort of confused, because I've been on skyrush and el toro enough time to know what ejector airtime feels like, and I was still caught off guard with the intensity of the airtime on some of the hills.

Wicked Cyclone is literally getting me so excited with all of these positive reviews!! So I'm planning to go hopefully in the beginning of July on a weekday. Does anyone know how crowded that will be? Obviously I'm going to get there as early as I can so my first priority is WC, but It would be nice to know how bad the crowds would be the rest of the day. (Probably going on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.) thanks!

I don't understand how Cedar Fair can sit back and watch all these awesome RMC coasters go up and not join in. Guess they're too busy planning their next wing coasters

Yeah, I've been thinking the same!

Only thing I can imagine is they already are joining in, just got to the party late, and we'll be seeing the CF RMCs sprout up soon. I saw somewhere RMC supposedly has requests until 2018 already! So I'm hoping CF is involved!

We all want that Mean Streak conversion! In no limits I started tinkering with some out there ideas like a launch during the ride. (I could see RMC making the first launch coaster) If I ever find a way to not suck at no limits I'd post it here and maybe submit it to Alan to look at

That was probably me. I can confirm from the Flash Pass office that the policy for the season is unlimited FP access for Platinum only, but no double rides.

You mean by double rides that you can't stay in the seat and ride again, or can't get off the ride and re-enter the FP queue?

^I'm certain he means you just can't stay in your seat for an immediate reride.

^^^^What exactly is it about the airtime that you found underwhelming? I'm sort of confused, because I've been on skyrush and el toro enough time to know what ejector airtime feels like, and I was still caught off guard with the intensity of the airtime on some of the hills.

"Underwhelming" implies an emotionally disappointed response, which I most certainly did not feel: The airtime (which was all over the course) perfectly complemented the rest of the experience. I'm not of the camp that believes the craziest, most sudden airtime is the absolute be-all, end-all of a ride. And no, I didn't feel Skyrush or Toro air, and that was just fine with me.

Maybe I was too belted/stapled in to get the full effect ... maybe the seats I got weren't the airtime sweet spots ... maybe the three Aleve I took to knock down a 100 fever and sore throat numbed my senses...? Who knows. Just my impression.

I would prefer that the takeaway from my review be: This thing is glorious, I have NO complaints or disappointments about the ride experience itself, and EVERYONE needs to get in a car or on a plane or boat and get on this thing!

Got down to the park for a couple hours after work yesterday. Got two rides on cyclone. Unfortunately I was shooed to the middle on both rides. Would love to get a back seat ride to really try to compare it to el toro, skyrush, and bizarro. But this rode absolutely delivers from start to finish. There isn't a single second of let-up after it leaves the lift. Incredible.

I also went to check out Goliath after seeing the reviews of a smoother ride. I was very disappointed to find it wasn't really all that much better. It's not quite as bad as last year but still not even close to the old trains. Still the only coaster I've ever been on that's hurt my back and it still was bad enough last night to do so.

Nice! My only concern about the ride was given it's good length, and that it's not super fast, it may feel like it's really slowed up by the end but everyone has said it still is moving good at the end and has a great pace, which is big for me.

Nice! My only concern about the ride was given it's good length, and that it's not super fast, it may feel like it's really slowed up by the end but everyone has said it still is moving good at the end and has a great pace, which is big for me.

The ride NEVER lets up. It's balls to the wall insane the entire time.

Amazing. I like to keep expectations tempered but I really would be shocked if this doesn't end up my new #1. It seems to have everything, forces in every way, smooth, great layout and great pace. I am stoked to ride. Deff going on a weekday, want to try and avoid crowds much as possible.

I am thinking May 29, if it'd be possible for anyone to join I'll be there!

Basically this. The POVs make it look like it peters out when it most certainly does not. The thing hauls from start to finish and does not let up AT ALL.