TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

It looks so ominous at night it's fantastic. I've been anticipating this coaster more than anything in recent years, and with the ride finally coming together that anticipation has reached a fever pitch.

Awesome night shot! Would look so good with the lift painted!

Whoa!!!! I love the lights!

Both trains are on the track! Blue in station and orange on the transfer. Painting started earlier this week, bracing will continue.

See one page back.

The part about BOTH trains being on track wasn't posted tho.

I'm actually slightly impressed that they're painting it.

I shouldn't be, but that's about where my expectations are for this park. So kudos to them lol.

\

What are you even talking about? They said from the beginning that it would be painted.

That shot of the lift at night looks incredible. The shaping of the lift/drop to overbank combo looks almost identical to Millennium Force, only ~1/3 scale. Ill bet the airtime on the drop will be far beyond MF's floater in row 18, however. Can't wait to see this ride begin to cycle and open up.

I talked my boyfriend into going to SFNE some time this summer, and he said yeah. So this will be my first RMC and honestly, I couldn't ask for a better one. I get a 200* stall, 2 zero g rolls, an overbank, and airtime. Plus Bizarro for the first time too. So stoked

Don't you guys think it's a bit early to declare this the best ride in the world? lol

I'm not saying it will or it won't be but it hasn't even finished construction.

Oh it absolutely is too early.

But I know for a FACT this will be better all the other RMC coasters, including Twisted Colossus.

And no, I haven't ridden any RMC coasters. But trust me. I know. I post on TPR, DUH!

I'm actually slightly impressed that they're painting it.

I shouldn't be, but that's about where my expectations are for this park. So kudos to them lol.

No, that's a legit big deal!

Great Adventure literally painted half of the rides one year, like the side of the railing/walkway you see was painted, look over the edge...completely crappy and untouched

Don't you guys think it's a bit early to declare this the best ride in the world? lol

Who's declaring it #1? I'm sure it will be a serious contender though. It seems to have every element coaster enthusiasts look for. So unless the POV is greatly exaggerated (which usually RMC animations play down their rides a bit, look at Medusa's animated pov... no where near as intense as the ride turned out to be) I doubt this will be ranked anywhere outside the top 3 on Mitch's and Golden Ticket.

In other news they're wasting more money trying to fix this terrible train on Goliath so they don't look stupid when all they need to do is just put the old one that was perfect back on. Here are the new restraints which are very similar to the old ones but now have grab bars for some reason.

11037709_609140835889194_7089713922299391757_n.jpg?oh=f2768b254d1ecf026aa45cdfcf76147a&oe=55DEEC82

If Goliath could run like it did a few years ago they'd have a ridiculous 1,2,3 punch with Bizarro, WC and Goliath. Instead they have a great 1,2 punch and 2 horrible boomerangs.

We need an intervention...

Six Flags New England... I'm begging you. Please. It's okay. We all do stupid things sometimes. I mean yeah, you guys do it more than most people (see Dark Knight Wild Mouse coaster building that had to be torn down... banning someone for taking a picture... those types of things) but still, stop holding onto your pride and just cut your losses. We all appreciate the effort, but every time you try putting new trains on already great coasters you screw it up. Just give up and put the old one back on like you had to 2 years ago.

I don't find Goliath all that bad, honestly. What really makes me sad about my home park SFNE is that I can no longer fit into the restraints. I have not gained any weight, and can still ride every other coaster I used to except this one. The new restraints added a little while back and last year's "one try at a push or you get walk of shamed" policy has really pissed me off considering I can't ride what used to be my favorite coaster out of the 250 I have been on. Have they done anything about this?

I hope the rumors of new trains/or restraints (as part of a possible Superman retheme, would love to see the Bizarro crap dissapear) For those who have been this year that have had difficulty with this has it been resolved?

I can literally get a green light from the test seat, but the ride ops always seem to shoo me away when I can't get the bar quite down on the first attempt. I do not want to hinder operations or make a scene so I politely walk away. When I went to guest relations to explain my frustration with the test seat, they kind of shrug their shoulders and tell me "We know, we get a lot of complaints about this." I get a nice smile and a "have a six flags day" but it mind as well be a middle finger...

Coasterbill, I'm going to go out on a limb that premier replaced them for free. I'm going to guess this because Premier wants these trains to work so they can sell more of them. The Dark Knight was 2008, get over it! The banning because of a picture was ridiculous, he got his season pass back, he's over it and you should be to. The park is trying to improve a ride experience that wasn't amazing last year. And you still freaking bash them. God damn.

RIP Goliaths rideability. We'll miss you so much. But we'll probably end up forgetting about it after getting Alzheimer's from current Goliath.

Eh, after riding the Great American Scream Machine every year for over a decade, including in my younger still not fully formed days, I'm sure my brain already has some type of dam-

What is this place again?

Coasterbill, I'm going to go out on a limb that premier replaced them for free. I'm going to guess this because Premier wants these trains to work so they can sell more of them. The Dark Knight was 2008, get over it! The banning because of a picture was ridiculous, he got his season pass back, he's over it and you should be to. The park is trying to improve a ride experience that wasn't amazing last year. And you still freaking bash them. God damn.

Lol they're trying to fix a ride that never needed fixing until they screwed it up. It was an amazing ride when they first got it. You left that part out.

And don't you think you're taking things just a bit too seriously? Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And my opinion (and basically everyone else's opinion also) is that this Goliath train fiasco that's now been going on for 4 years now is an unbelievable clusterf**k that's completely unnecessary.

Lol they're trying to fix a ride that never needed fixing until they screwed it up. It was an amazing ride when they first got it. You left that part out.

When they first got they ride, they actually planned to add the train. They just weren't completed yet. And yes people are entitled to opinions, but when you just bash something about the same thing, it's being a dick. And if u don't like what SFNE does, don't go to the park. And it's also impolite to post a picture without credit.

For your own benefit I really wish you'd relax a little and stop being defensive. Learn to laugh at parks when they do stupid things and stop taking things so seriously and I think you'd enjoy this hobby a lot more. Doings things like distracting ride ops because you don't think they're sending trains out fast enough and name calling on a message board (2 things you've done just in the past week) doesn't fall in line with the entire point of the hobby. Seriously lighten up, you'll have way more fun.

For your own benefit I really wish you'd relax a little and stop being defensive. Learn to laugh at parks when they do stupid things and stop taking things so seriously and I think you'd enjoy this hobby a lot more. Doings things like distracting ride ops because you don't think they're sending trains out fast enough and name calling on a message board (2 things you've done just in the past week) doesn't fall in line with the entire point of the hobby. Seriously lighten up, you'll have way more fun.

Seriously.

Besides it's six flags! No one likes those places lol

We just have no choice.

Just like how I will drive 3 some hours up to SFNE to ride the new coaster!