TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I'm not entirely sure how we ended up having an argument about airtime in a thread about a park that's building Wicked Cyclone. You may remember that ride from a few pages back. I'm sure we will all be blasted out of our seats and have our faith in airtime restored.

Agreed.

Here is a small WiCy update for you all, lots of exciting stuff happening at SFNE.

First of all, it is confirmed they are shooting for a Memorial Day weekend opening.

Here is a news article from CBS3 Springfield http://www.cbs3springfield.com/story/28616120/six-flags-new-england-unveils-theme-for-wicked-cyclone

Here is a little bit of the theming(and train of course)

1.jpg.354b4462f8e0901c69ad79841a2c98ad.jpg

2.jpg.4897855463230b1bfcb0fcd9b2ebe96f.jpg

Yes they still do have a lot of work to do, but it is coming along. I don't think a Memorial Day weekend opening is too far out of the question, but they will have to hurry.

Also if anyone still is wondering what the best new coaster for 2015 will be, look no further! (credit to TPM)

Can anyone recommend me a day between may.25 and june.2 that will allow me the most rides on wicy?

Why are you assuming Wicked Cyclone will be open by then? It's a Six Flags project, expect delays.

Can anyone recommend me a day between may.25 and june.2 that will allow me the most rides on wicy?

Why are you assuming Wicked Cyclone will be open by then? It's a Six Flags project, expect delays.

SFNE just out media day invites for May 20th, so I'd except it open by Memorial Day.

All American Thrills posted a video showing off the l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶ progress on t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶a̶n̶d̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶S̶k̶y̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶k̶ ̶R̶E̶A̶L̶L̶Y̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶p̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶p̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶i̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶w̶i̶s̶e̶.̶ Wicked Cyclone!

Is this usually a busy park on weekdays the two weeks leading up to 4th of July? Will the opening of the new RMC have an impact? If someone remembers what it was like when Bizarro opened that would be great.

All American Thrills posted a video showing off the l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶ progress on t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶a̶n̶d̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶S̶k̶y̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶k̶ ̶R̶E̶A̶L̶L̶Y̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶p̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶p̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶i̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶w̶i̶s̶e̶.̶ Wicked Cyclone!

I know you hate this park but give them a f&$)ing break. It costs money to take the towers down. They took down the cables and rollers. The park is spending a lot of money this year and if there is something that they can save on which won't affect anyone, then they'll do it. Omg, can you bash on another park because your BS is kind of annoying. Everyone knows your opinion. You hate SFNE, good for you.

I know you hate this park but give them a f&$)ing break. It costs money to take the towers down.

Oh boo hoo... strangely Six Flags is pretty much the only chain not willing to spend money to remove old, unused rides that are complete eyesores. You can find isolated examples of other park chains doing it but it's not a common thing.

Omg, can you bash on another park because your BS is kind of annoying.

No thanks, I'm generally very positive when it comes to other parks and with the industry in general. I like to have fun with this hobby and I don't take things too seriously so a park has to be COMPLETE crap for me to bash it. That's why I bash Six Flags New England. It fits that criteria.

And by the way I have always been very positive about Wicked Cyclone and many of the coasters at this park (I'm a huge fan of Batman, Thunderbolt, Goliath before they ruined it and Bizarro though I do think it's overrated in it's current form). I just have serious problems with everything else the park does. I still visit the park because they have a lot of very good coasters, I just wish they had something besides coasters and 3 good flat rides, I wish their customer service wasn't abysmal and I wish they cared even a little bit about aesthetics.

I didn't mean to rant though, all I was worried about were the ridiculous looking Skyway towers and I was going for a laugh. Since you decided to make a big stink about it... there you go. I'm not going to "go bash other parks" who don't deserve it. For example... last weekend we went to Carowinds and rode Fury 325. The ride was great, they do a great job making sure everything in the park looks pristine and they spent a lot of time on a great new entry plaza and ride area / sign for Fury because they want it to look nice since they just got a brand new coaster and expected a big attendance bump (crazy concept isn't it). We had an awesome time... I'm not going to bash them, I don't have anything bad thing to say about Carowinds and I feel that way about a lot of parks. Six Flags New England on the other hand, I don't even know where to begin...

They took down the cables and rollers.

lol