TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

They are not counting it as a record, but are marketing it as the most air time in New England.

Against Boulder Dash? That's...cute.

Boulder Dash is amazing. But an airtime machine? No. Bizarro easily has more airtime than Boulder Dash anyway. Question is will WC have more than Bizarro.

They are not counting it as a record, but are marketing it as the most air time in New England.

Boulder Dash is amazing. But an airtime machine? No. Bizarro easily has more airtime than Boulder Dash anyway. Question is will WC have more than Bizarro.

Did I read that right? Boulder Dash has way more airtime than Bizarro. The back seat of Bizarro doesn't even come close to the front seat of Boulder Dash.

Did I read that right? Boulder Dash has way more airtime than Bizarro. The back seat of Bizarro doesn't even come close to the front seat of Boulder Dash.

I honestly beg to differ. Maybe I just rode Bizarro on a great day or Boulder Dash on a bad day (July, 2011 for each), but I don't think that's it. I love Boulder Dash, it was running soo fast the day I went, but at no point on any one of my 10+ rides did I feel airtime that I would even consider ejector. Whereas, Bizarro had nine of the strongest airtime moments I had even encountered (Until of course El Toro and Sky Rush...). Please reconsider what you think is airtime, as it is not what puts Boulder Dash in the top of the polls, IMO.

I honestly beg to differ. Maybe I just rode Bizarro on a great day or Boulder Dash on a bad day (July, 2011 for each), but I don't think that's it. I love Boulder Dash, it was running soo fast the day I went, but at no point on any one of my 10+ rides did I feel airtime that I would even consider ejector. Whereas, Bizarro had nine of the strongest airtime moments I had even encountered (Until of course El Toro and Sky Rush...). Please reconsider what you think is airtime, as it is not what puts Boulder Dash in the top of the polls, IMO.

Well said. you might also look at what others say about it. Boulder Dash is all about the terrain hugging maneuvers it performs where as bizarro is solely about airtime and more spacifically, ejector airtime. They both have their highs and lows, but overall bizarro wins in terms of airtime.

:lmao: Watching enthusiasts argue over a matter of opinion is always entertaining

I honestly want to know how amount or degree of airtime would be an opinion. It's not like some people feel more airtime than others. It's there or it isn't.

I wouldn't be arguing if it was an opinion.

More importantly, even if Wicked Cyclone doesn't have the insane ejector than Bizarro has, it will have more moments in total and a larger variety of elements. I'd love to ride it in the future, but I guess I will have to take Twisted Colossus for now!

^ Airtime is totally an opinion. For some people a ride like El Toro, with essentially four moments of very strong ejector, has the best airtime possible. For others, a ride like Phoenix which has many moments of floater (bordering on ejector) but less limiting restraints is better. There are a bunch of factors to consider when talking about airtime, like the intensity, duration, and restraint type. How you weight the three is 100% opinion.

Personally, I would say that Bizarro has more airtime than Boulder Dash, but I prefer the Boulder Dash airtime due to the type of restraint. But that's just my opinion.

This is a simple case of qualitative v.s quantitative.

Qualitative: Ejector, floater, etc.

Quantitative: Negative Gravitational Force / seconds.

There is a way to mathematically calculate which ride has the most airtime, as described above. However, you could not say which ride has the best airtime because some people like long floater, some like quick ejector, others like none.

It is neither totally opinion, nor totally fact. Few things are polar in such ways.

I agree that it's part fact and part opinion, but I would say that really anything that's part opinion is better described as an opinion than a fact.

And beyond that, I don't think I agree that "most airtime" is totally qualitive. Going back a bit to my above example, would you say a hill with 2 seconds of -0.5G air where you're stapled into the train has more air than a ride with 2 seconds of -0.4G and buzz bars? Qualititatively it would, but I think almost any rider would argue that the latter ride had both better and more airtime.

And beyond that, I don't think I agree that "most airtime" is totally qualitive. Going back a bit to my above example, would you say a hill with 2 seconds of -0.5G air where you're stapled into the train has more air than a ride with 2 seconds of -0.4G and buzz bars? Qualititatively it would, but I think almost any rider would argue that the latter ride had both better and more airtime.

Your theory is flawed... you forgot to carry the 2. ALWAYS remember to carry the 2 and divide by Pi.

Seriously though does everyone see this post? This post signifies that we have hit rock bottom and if the offseason doesn't end soon we're all just completely screwed. You may have thought the low point would be the constant renderings in MS paint of how Cedar Point was going to move the perimeter road to make room for their 500 foot dive coaster, or the complaining about the shin guards on the new Knoebels coaster but nope... this right here is it. We're now debating the practicality of a mathematical theory of airtime all because of some idiotic marketing phrases by the park which we've all decided they now have to live up to.

I'm not picking on King of Ka (If I were going to do that I'd make fun of your avatar, Let's go Rangers), we're all guilty of it but if we can just last a few more weeks the offseason will be over and we'll all be okay again.

Seriously though does everyone see this post? This post signifies that we have hit rock bottom and if the offseason doesn't end soon we're all just completely screwed. You may have thought the low point would be the constant renderings in MS paint of how Cedar Point was going to move the perimeter road to make room for their 500 foot dive coaster, or the complaining about the shin guards on the new Knoebels coaster but nope... this right here is it. We're now debating the practicality of a mathematical theory of airtime all because of some idiotic marketing phrases by the park which we've all decided they now have to live up to.

Your theory is flawed... you forgot to carry the 2. ALWAYS remember to carry the 2 and divide by Pi.

I'm not picking on King of Ka (If I were going to do that I'd make fun of your avatar, Let's go Rangers), we're all guilty of it but if we can just last a few more weeks the offseason will be over and we'll all be okay again.

Preach it! You have made my day. This goes to show that coaster enthusiasts do not handle anticipation or winter well.

Preach it! You have made my day. This goes to show that coaster enthusiasts do not handle anticipation or winter well.

^ Does it really matter? Airtime isn't the only thing that makes a coaster good.

I agree, but for a lot of people it is a very important factor. It really depends on the type of coaster. On a woodie or a mega coaster, airtime is everything. On a looper, airtime is obviously not a big factor. So in some cases airtime actually is a large part of what makes a coaster good.