TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I hate how they don't let you pick rows on Goliath. I rode it three times when I went over the summer and I had the 8th row twice and the 7th row once. If you sit on the inside seat it helps a little but the ride is still really bad. It's Loudness is almost comparable to Kumbas. SFNE really need to work on this coaster. It's a shame a good ride can turn into crap. And why did they even pick premier to design the trains. All the trains that they have designed have been pretty rough. Do they even have any coasters with shoulder restraints?

Yup, they had OTSRS on the original trains for many of their rides including Poltergeist and Jokers Jinx. By the way, does anyone else think that maybe the new trains on Bizarro will look closer to Skyrush without the wing seats? I don't know but the new ones seem to be lighter, faster, and with fixed restraints maybe more comfortable. If that fails, they will probably be closer to I305 with lap bars. That is if they don't make a whole new design. Maybe Bizarro will be the first coaster to try a new prototype train?

I don't understand what you guys mean. I have a season pass every year and always have a great time. Yes some of the employees are bad and food lines can be slow, but always have a great time. Only time I have expirienced a bad employee was the lack of urgency on the bumper cars and one op that staples the hell out of you on bizarro. And about all of the removed rides, that was Shapiro and the old park presidents fault. Ever since new management has been here, rides have been coming in. Even if some are used coasters. But if you have ever tuned into one of the live chats with Jen Mcrath, they say that they are looking into flat rides. I am just wondering why people really don't like this park

I couldn't agree more. the current management team has the job of cleaning up the mess that the previous management team made.

SFNE really need to work on this coaster. It's a shame a good ride can turn into crap.

The problem is that they didn't need to do anything... all they had to do was leave it alone. Instead they spent a ton of time and money making the ride horrible with absolutely no upside whatsoever.

In my personal conversations with a friend who was a mechanic on Deja Vu for it's entire life at SFMM, majority of downtime issues were caused by the way that the catch cars were designed to catch the train. SF Corp bought a new train from Premier to increase reliability which it clearly hasn't. Unless the catch car design changes, I don't see reliability improving.

The hydraulic system used on the catch cars is a very complex system. In SFMM's defense, the last year Deja was at the park it ran pretty damn good with minimal downtime.

Aftershock has been running pretty well from what I hear. Is that correct?

It is. It had about 2 weeks where we had issues with sensors, but not actual mechanical problems. To the best of my knowledge, Aftershock was open at least for some time every day except when it was too cold to run.

Same can't be said about Goliath. Breaks down once a day minimum guaranteed. On Cyclone's last day I saw the train being slowly lowered by the 2nd tower catch car twice and people were stranded for a few minutes. But yeah expect it to break down all the time.

When it first opened with the train, so late May to mid June, it broke down every day, after that it's been better. It was usually breaking down about 2-3 times a week after that. I mean sky screamer broke down a few times but nobody complained about that.

Thunderbolt says Hi.

And the difference is that when Goliath breaks down it REALLY breaks down and stays broken down for long periods of time.

Not alwYa. If it's a issue in the station, it's usually an hour at most. A valley can be anywhere fr

2 hours to the rest of the day depending on what time it's at.

Goliath breaks down once per day, the people are evacuated and the train sits at the bottom of the second spike the whole day because the staff are too lazy to fix it.

In regards to Twister being replaced, I can guarantee a Larson loop that SFNE will market as a "coaster" and complete their 5 year plan with that.

Goliath breaks down once per day, the people are evacuated and the train sits at the bottom of the second spike the whole day because the staff are too lazy to fix it.

Neither you or I know exactly what it takes to rectify this particular situation, but I can guarantee that no one who works in maintenance, operations, or guest services is content with just letting the train sit if it could be easily be reset and operations continued within the same day. There are likely a variety of factors at work as to why a full day of downtime occurs. Perhaps it takes heavy equipment to move the train in which they can't take equipment through the midway during operating hours? Maybe solving the issue requires hours of work from a computer room that is completely out of site from guests? I don't know exactly how to fix it and neither do you, but I believe that the best effort is put forward by professionally trained people, and I give Six Flags New England the benefit of the doubt until there is obvious evidence to believe otherwise.

Depending on what happens that stops the cycle in the first place, they might not actually have the option. If the catch cars really are what cause's downtime, it's fully possible they can't move the train. If there are issues with the catch car, the only way to get the train back to the station is to either fix it (usually requiring a man lift, since you can't reach the track from the evac platform) or disassemble the train to take it back to the station. These things aren't like other rides. It takes a lot to get it running and keep it running. And understanding the error codes that it spits out isn't easy. It's costly and time consuming to go "blind squirrel*" to find the problem.

*Phrase curtesy of a favorite teacher. Means guessing till you find it.

Just out of curiosity, when Goliath vallies between the loop and second spike, can the catcher be manually lowered to reengage the train so it can finish its cycle or not? I've always been curious about that.

Sometimes. It depends on where it stops. I think the breaks there catch it. I've seen it get pulled back up before but I've also seen it not be able to lift back up.

Just out of curiosity, when Goliath vallies between the loop and second spike, can the catcher be manually lowered to reengage the train so it can finish its cycle or not? I've always been curious about that.

Sometimes. It depends on where it stops. I think the breaks there catch it. I've seen it get pulled back up before but I've also seen it not be able to lift back up.