TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

call me old fashion or whatever but i don't like it. the seats look ridiculous. Do the speakers really need to be that big? I remember my last ride, i had a blast and was able to kinda turn around and see my friends behind me..was fun, eh.

Does the 5th photo from the top look like they are building something in the shape of the Superman logo to anyone else? Hmmm.

Its a pretty close match but its missing one part to make it a true Superman logo. Another thing I noticed about the trains are the seat belt locations. I had a tight fit riding El Toro last summer, and I am not that big. But I rode Superman 100 plus times with no problems at all. I think the ends of the seat belts are too far down in the frame. Unless they are not fully in place yet?

any chance at all the ride could go through the superman looking symbol?

Based on the size it almost looks possible.

-Thoughts?

It would be a very cool headchopping effect

Lol, it would be a tight fit and a cool effect but the the logo wouldn't be much to see as that frame is not that big. And they welded all the ends together. The only way to get it in place now is to cut it open or remove a piece of track. I could see these Superman logos at the base of the first drop with flames bursting out of them. Like Lex Luthor using his Mind Control thingy on Superman and he is now under control. That would also help with the on board audio. You could hear the fight between them going up the lift hill. And Luthor wins as you crest the top, on the way down you hear him laugh or something. Oh and for the break run if something is wrong, the breaks and your stuck, play the new Six Flags commercial audio with the new Mr. Six?

^yes the whole track will be painted purple. They left some red because they are adding things in those spots, they wanted to get minderaser done, and the weather got bad so they will finish it when the weather warms up and they done adding the theming.

I gave it a little time to see if this color scheme would grow on me but every time I look at pics of SROS and Medusa all I can think is VIOLET BEAUREGARDE. If they're gonna go with these colors they might as well go all out and just own the tack. Turn the station into a giant blueberry! Play the Oompa Loompa song over the onboard audio! Make it immersive! Yowza!

With the new restraints on the trains, will they get rid of the maximum height restriction? Because it looked like the new trains don't have the ankle brace things anymore, and I thought those were where the maximum height came from.

It is highly unlikely that Six Flags will change the height requirements for the ride. After all the problems and accidents that have happened since it was build, the state of Massachusetts will most likely give them a hard time. I would think that even with the new trains and the already long break in process, Six Flags would be smart to open the ride on time and not mess with too many things. The new trains should improve the ride but they have to open it and get it right first.

Opening September 2009, Superman Ride of Purple

I gave it a little time to see if this color scheme would grow on me but every time I look at pics of SROS and Medusa all I can think is VIOLET BEAUREGARDE. If they're gonna go with these colors they might as well go all out and just own the tack. Turn the station into a giant blueberry! Play the Oompa Loompa song over the onboard audio! Make it immersive! Yowza!

Now THAT'S an idea.

I think you're on to something there.

Seriously though, I don't think the color scheme is all that bad. But it definitely takes some getting used to.

Maybe it's just me, but the colors remind me of Scream! at SFMM.