TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

WOW. I am kinda almost glad I moved from 45 minutes to SFNE to 20 minutes from Kings Island. I'm not sure this whole make over is worth changing the number one steel coaster in the world. I'm glad I'm getting Diamondback but I still would like to see how this thing runs after its makeover.

Hey first post finally, so i dont know if this was mentioned earlier but im around 6ft 5, and i was wondering if anyone knew if the new trains will still have that same height maximum.

Yeah same for me. I'm also around 6ft 5 but on the official Six Flags site there is still the 76 inch maximum.

With the same restraints as El Toro they must be able to remove the maximum height limit.

-----Hans

^ The trains have nothing to do with the max height restriction. The reason it has one is a flaw in the designing of the underground tunnels. The hieight of the tunnels is not tall enought therefore they had to put the restrictions on max height of the guests. It was easier to do that than to reconstruct them over and it was alot cheaper too.

Finally someone got pictures of the new Superman trains.

I have to say I am not liking the color of them trains. And both trains are the same color.

Here is the link to the news article that had the picture posted.

MASSLIVE

581658206_large_aecoaster.jpg.a0440f7cb7a7bc0ecb726932f2e09383.jpg

Superman Trains

It's the restraints. That's why the height limit changed after the 2004 accident with the new regulations. The idea is that if one's legs are too long, the lapbar cannot come down far enough.

The clearance in the tunnels is fine.

I agree with you because I can remember reading about how the restrains effected the height maximum. Thats why im hoping the new trains wont have the height maximum

Also i must say the new trains look pretty good.

The new trains (almost) look great! I'm glad Intamin continued using lapbars, instead of the newer OTSRs. If Intamin has finally perfected their lapbar, will we possibly see them on more (new) coasters in the future?

My only problem is the colors...not that I think the color looks bad, I'm just confused as why the trains are the same purple as the track. There is no variety here. Paint sale?

I absolutely love the new trains.

Is there any possibility that the minimum height requirement will be changed from 54' to 48' with the addition of the new restraints? El Toro uses identical ones and has a 48' height restriction without issue.

-Jon

I like these newish trains, and the lap bars (first thing I noticed about them). But I am a little dissapointed that they're the same color as the track. I like when the trains stand out and you can clearly see them everywhere on the track.

Definitely don't like the colour of the trains but I do like that the leg irons seem to be gone.

I hope they're not changing the name (hate the new colours), it's just so iconic. If the start calling it Joker's Joke or Lex Luthor's Leap The Dips or something of that ilk - that would be disappointing.

Is there any possibility that the minimum height requirement will be changed from 54' to 48' with the addition of the new restraints? El Toro uses identical ones and has a 48' height restriction without issue.

I highly doubt the park will be able to change the height requirement. The state of Massachusetts gives the final say on all requirements. The only exception is if the manufacturer's guidelines are better than the states. Another important thing to remember is that Massachusetts has a ban on all T bar restraints (all new ones). This was passed after the gentleman fell out. So i guess we are lucky that they didn't put OTSR's on the ride.

"...they are pretty much the Giovanola hyper restraints." (atem122)

Funny...I thought they looked familiar. Goliath at SFMM has very similar ones.

I'm not crazy about the color, but the trains do look nice otherwise.

Eric

Based on the other restraints like that Intamin has used, it doesn't look like there are any handles. Check out El Toro as an example.

I'm liking the look of the trains, particularly the incorporation of the speakers (not as intrusive as I was fearing). Do we know for sure that all the trains are purple? I only found one lead car in the pic. I'm not sure either way.

Exactly, I think they resemble El Toro's more and it makes more sense as its still Intamin. El Toro doesn't have handles on the restraints but has handles on the inner face of the car for the front seat riders and on the back of the front seats for the rear seat riders.

On this there is possibility that handles can be placed on the backs of seats but those in the front seats I guess will have nothing. I never hold anyway!!!

The trains look great, with the speaker system and everything. Though purple isn't normally the color associated with superman...

...It could have a Bizzaro sub-theme.

Arnold Shwarnzenegger as MR. FREEZE.

"Gaah, sub zhero thempachures!"

Spellcheck had no suggestions! D: