TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

They could have it be called, "SIX: The Ride"

The coaster would match the stock price of their company over the years quite well.

When you hit the brakes, they could have a big marker that says the current stock price since it is so low. (.25 cents)

Instead of a gift shop at the end, they could have an E-Trade tent to buy stock and E-Trade as a corporate sponsor with announcements playing on the speakers during the ride!

^Lol. As bad as their stock has been lately, you could make some serious money off of them. There have been quite a few times lately where shortly after their stock prices plummet that they end up nearly doubling in price. If you bought at the low then sold at the high, you could have turned a pretty large profit.

Anywho, I kind of like the purple color. It's different. I'm just not sure what they are going to do in terms of retheming the ride. It seems like it would be odd to change the name of a world-recognized ride.

Who even cares about "The Ride," "The Coaster," "Ride of Steel," "Ultimate Flight" etc. I dont get why parks even add those taglines at the end of the name, IMO its just better off being "The Ride" than adding something like "Ultimate Flight", no ones calls it that anyway.

How did this become a topic of discussion anyway?

Um, based on the fact that you get the stock at the Metropolis stock exchange and not the Gotham one, I would expect the theme will stay Superman. I can't imagine they are going to have a viral campaign with the wrong theme.

I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the subtitle to the ride, but I would expect it will continue to be called Superman at the start. I like the idea of Superman: Doomsday that someone else mentioned. Shoot, as long as it isn't something like "Superman: Lex Express" I'll be happy.

I think this whole thing looks really cool. And the people at the park was a stroke of genius. I also have to say watching those YouTube videos with the Acer basically attacking the 'company reps' and the 'protesters' was both funny and sad at the same time. If Six Flags actually starts theming things well, do you think their heads will explode?

I personally don't like the purple track, the red and blue colour scheme is so striking and strong, purple much less so.

I doubt they will but changing the name would be silly, SROS is most identifiable name in the coaster world, it would be like changing the name of Coke to Shazam or something.

Maybe the purple colour scheme is in anticipation SF selling SFNE to Prince.

Lol. The Prince idea is really funny. Everyone will get a chance to ride the Purple One...

It's not the color i would have chosen, although the name change is somewhat confusing, since the coaster is smack dab in the middle of Land of Overrpiced Justice Heroes land ($7 for a shot glass? you have got to be kidding me..)

Maybe the area will go Hanna Barbera instead and the coaster will be called "Grape Ape: the Ride

Scott "Texas Trrip 2009--You have just been warned" Mayfield

A new website has shown up:

http://www.stopclawshun.com/

Also, the members over at Unfiction noticed that the name of the Clawshun CEO is John Exler Espada. That is an Anagram for Alexander Joseph . If you look at the wikipedia page for Lex Luthor, his given name is Alexander Joseph Luthor.

Is Clawshun secretly owned by LexCorp?

Hmm, you know the purple is rather feminine. I'm calling it now...Lois Lane: Ride of Superman. Just imagine the Q-line preshow.

And as a gay guy...of course I love it! Purple is my favorite color!!!

Maybe the Q-line could have some Wang Chung and Culture Club videos playing just like at Ghostwood Estates at Kennywood! If they really wanted to be bold, maybe even some Pet Shop Boys, or Frankie Goes To Hollywood videos might liven things up a bit.

It's about time that they start gaying up some of these theme parks with some dazzling new coaster colors! Being in Liberal Massachusetts, they always set the standards high for the rest of the country! I agree though that the purple and lime green of the Wildcat at CP and the boomerang at KBF are not good color schemes. How about purple and metallic silver instead??

Spread the word people...Superman has finally come out of the closet in Massachusetts!!! Love it!!!

I have to say that I'm not purple's biggest fan, (for whatever reason) but I really don't like the colour scheme! It's an awesome ride, and red would do the best job of being all, 'ta-da!', surely? It's not like Superman wears purple, and they don't need to make spandex and capes any more camp by painting the thing purple.

Also this is my first post, sooo....

tee hee!

Thought this story might be of interest to some.

Industry insiders say the "Ride of Steel" ARG campaign is the work of an old hand at viral marketing of DC Comics characters -- and at running theme parks: Susan Bonds, the head of the Pasadena, Calif.-based 42 Entertainment.

Hey, maybe it'll change names.

So am I the only one who has figured out the name is going to change? I mean the ride is purple now, and purple can only mean pimping, or Prince, or Pringles, or portholes, or primer, or wait..... what was this thread about again?

My guess for Superman's new theme is Purple People Pepsi Prince Power Prowler w/ Portholes Sponsored by Pringles.

That should cover all of the whacky name bases I'm thinking.

-Sean

Here's a crazy thought. Maybe it's being renamed to Lex Luthor so they can add a Superman coaster in '10? Maybe a B&M Flyer? The park doesn't have one of those. Maybe six flags in actually thinking ahead for once?

Wait, what am I saying? This is six flags we're talking about, ummm...never mind!