TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

^Or maybe a nice little indoor Eurofighter could go in that shed, SFNE get on the horn to Gerstaler

^ That is such a fantastic idea! I'll miss the Dark Knight because the other mouse is a spinning mouse and I have a history of lunch losing on those type of things (even Nighthawk..) but the ride installation being aborted does give the park a chance to renew itself and install a Gerstlauer, one of those ball coasters, or something else completely unique! If that's the case, I'm all for it!

Scott

Perhaps they will install it into Gotham City at SFMM (I can dream can't I).

Nahh,I can think of a few good spots for it at SFA though,one being the field in between superman & Batwing to liven up that long path back there...or they can just as easily place it in nantucket/olde boston where Iron eagle & the enterprise were formerly located as that section of the park is in DESPERATE need of something new.

Perhaps they will install it into Gotham City at SFMM (I can dream can't I).

Nahh,I can think of a few good spots for it at SFA though,one being the field in between superman & Batwing to liven up that long path back there...or they can just as easily place it in nantucket/olde boston where Iron eagle & the enterprise were formerly located as that section of the park is in DESPERATE need of something new.

I can see that happening mainly because of the fact that it's closer to SFNE.

• 4 months later...
September 15, 2008

Superman: Ride Of Steel…Better

Six Flags New England Announces Major Transformation

Six Flags New England announced today plans to reinvent what has already been named the best Steel Coaster on the Planet, according to Amusement Today, the nation's leading theme park industry publication. Since its debut in 2000, SUPERMAN: Ride of Steel has electrified guests from around the world. In 2009, this incredible machine will be redesigned with imaginative special effects and newly renovated trains. The transformation will be complete by Memorial Day.

“Six Flags is regarded as the undisputed leader in thrill ride innovation and at Six Flags New England we're taking that reputation to the next level,” said Larry Litton, Park President. “The coaster that separates itself from all others will deliver an unprecedented ride experience.”

Going above and beyond traditional steel coasters, this state-of-the-art invention will undergo a revolutionary makeover. The adventure will send riders up 20 stories while flying through fog banks, fire bursts and heart-pumping audio for three minutes and twenty two seconds of extreme thrills.

The re-launch of SUPERMAN: Ride of Steel will mark the start of another exciting season as Six Flags

New England cements its position as the area's premier “daycation” destination. The park offers fun for every member of the family with world class shows, three children's areas —Wiggles World, Thomas Town and Looney Tunes Movie Town and New England's largest water park, Hurricane Harbor — with park admission.

Guests can experience all that Six Flags New England has to offer with a 2009 Season Pass. This purchase offers the best value with unlimited visits to the theme park and water park and comes with a coupon book featuring over $300 in special offers including free concerts and 5 Bring-A-Friend-Free tickets. A Season Pass can be used at all Six Flags Theme Parks throughout the country and are now on sale. Purchase at sixflags.com for the lowest price of the season — $69.99, and enjoy the remainder of the 2008 season including all the thrills and chills of Fright Fest presented by Snickers®.

About Six Flags, Inc.

Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company with 20 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. Founded in 1961, Six Flags has provided world class entertainment for millions of families with cutting-edge, record-shattering roller coasters and appointment programming and special events such as the weekly Summer Concert Series, Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park. Now 47 years strong, Six Flags is recognized as the preeminent thrill innovator while reaching to all demographics — families, teens, tweens and thrill seekers alike — with themed attractions based on the Looney Tunes characters, the Justice League of America, skateboarding legend Tony Hawk, The Wiggles and Thomas the Tank Engine. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly-traded corporation (NYSE:SIX) headquartered in New York City.

http://www.sixflags.com/newEngland/info/News_SupermanRideOfSteelRelaunch.aspx

I also thought it was a joke. I still don't get it... fire? Why? and sound? I just hope that sound isn't the Superman theme... I'm starting to feel like this is going to be happening around all Six Flags parks. Like Six Flags found out a way to make a "new ride" without having to build anything.

I also thought it was a joke. I still don't get it... fire? Why? and sound? I just hope that sound isn't the Superman theme... I'm starting to feel like this is going to be happening around all Six Flags parks. Like Six Flags found out a way to make a "new ride" without having to build anything.

One, the Superman theme is one of the most awesomist pieces of movie music ever. Poo on you!

Second, why would Six Flags not do this? It's cheaper than adding a new coaster, and most people will come to ride it. Including all of us "enthusiasts." It makes the most finacially sound sense, which is exactly what hey need to do right now.

I hope when they redesign the trains they also take away the maximum height limit. I assume that they put the maximum height limit in after the 2004 accident, but I really don't think it's necessary with all of the other safety upgrades they've made to the ride over the years.