TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

^Are you sure?

It doesn't say anywhere in there that they'll build it for next year!

When I spoke with the SFNE rep on the phone, I asked him flat out about future plans for the coaster. The response was a generic "Six Flags is always looking for ways to improve our parks, but no decision has been made about improvements for the 2009 season yet".

I say we blame it on:

Face it, the original Dark Knight didn't want to become a generic Batman coaster...

On a more serious note, I think they could still pull off the Dark Knight theme at another park with some minor theming.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with this.

^ It's funny, in 2006 when we got Catapult and Splash Water Falls...They put up new signage in the park and they labeled Batman: The Dark Knight as Batman: The Ride.

I just got home from work and I saw this and I'm not too happy. First off, I don't blame the town, they were right for stopping construction because SFNE started too soon before obtaining permits.

I'm going to be going to the park this Friday after work so I'll be sure to take pictures to see what they're doing.

It's interesting how we get a parade in place of a coaster.

Oh to the well...

^Being a Yankees fan, I buried it. Haha, on a serious note, I'm very disappointed in this. I don't blame the town either, but I would really like to know what happened. I still have Great Adventure's Dark Knight to look forward to, but now I have one less new credit to get this year.

As a Six Flags New England local...

I knew I would end up riding Great Adventure's before New England's, what's the point of having them so close. I would LOVE a new flat ride down there, maybe a Thunder and Lightning type of thing themed to DC. This also helps with the confusion of the Gotham City idea. Ya it was depressing to here the news but I think it could actually turn out fine. I am looking forward to the Glow in The Park Parade!

I wrote this on sfneonline.com so it may be confusing to read if you do not know what we are talking about so...There have been rumors about the area where Batman is becoming a Gotham City themed are and Mind Eraser getting new themeing, so this coater being put into the DC section of the park was a little confusing. Plus, they may want to change the name of Batman: The Ride back to Batman: The Dark Knight since it doesn't look like we will be receiving the coaster at all now. They still have the Dark Knight sign up on top of the station so maybe they will change the name back?

One less credit... NO!!!!

Yes trading a parade for a coaster should make many coaster lovers happy! BUT then again it was a family style coaster so it shouldn't be too big of a pill to swallow.

I think SFOG should get the coaster as they are looking shabby on the number of "good" coasters. Also a good family coaster that is a little more thrilling than Canyon and Mine would be a great addition. Actually Mine Train is too rough for me let alone a small child.

I finally got to ride Goliath last weekend and it was actually really good. I laughed till I cried and then drooled. I can't believe it has been there 2 years and I just now got to ride it!

I'm sorry was that a bit off topic?!

Yes trading a parade for a coaster should make many coaster lovers happy! BUT then again it was a family style coaster so it shouldn't be too big of a pill to swallow.

I think SFOG should get the coaster as they are looking shabby on the number of "good" coasters. Also a good family coaster that is a little more thrilling than Canyon and Mine would be a great addition. Actually Mine Train is too rough for me let alone a small child.

I finally got to ride Goliath last weekend and it was actually really good. I laughed till I cried and then drooled. I can't believe it has been there 2 years and I just now got to ride it!

I'm sorry was that a bit off topic?!

SFOG just got Goliath a couple of years ago so they DON'T need a new coaster yet,if any park needs a new coaster it's SFA as they havn't gotten a new one since 2001 & they havn't seen ANYTHING installed in the ride side of the park in five years now.

Also they owe the park big time for sending them a damaged coaster from SFAW for the 2006 season that couldn't be installed but knowing SFI they'll either send the coaster to a park that is getting one this year for 09 or...more than likely they'll just cancel the order & get a refund from the manufacturer.

SFOG just got Goliath a couple of years ago so they DON'T need a new coaster yet,if any park needs a new coaster it's SFA as they havn't gotten a new one since 2001 & they havn't seen ANYTHING installed in the ride side of the park in five years now.

Also they owe the park big time for sending them a damaged coaster from SFAW for the 2006 season that couldn't be installed but knowing SFI they'll either send the coaster to a park that is getting one this year for 09 or...more than likely they'll just cancel the order & get a refund from the manufacturer.

SFA doesn't need anything, because even if they were to build a Dark Knight in that park it probably wouldn't boost attendance all that much. And even if it did, the whole thing would be vandalized before you can say "Batman".

I'm sorry, but can someone tell me why they are delaying the Dark Knight Coaster? Does this have to do with Heath Leadger's death?

Yes, the ghost of Heath Legder haunted the park last night and told them if they build the ride he would spook everyone in line for Thunderbolt.

--Robb

^ Hence why this year's Fright Fest at SFNE is going to be even scarier, creepier, and more ghostly than year's before.

And it will be sponsored by Jolly Ranchers

As a Six Flags shareholder (therefore, a part owner ) let me assure you that SFA is "OWED" nothing

I read an article concerning the coasters demise. Six Flags had the necessary permits but the fire inspector didn't like that the building was so close to a warehouse. They moved the building over 10 feet but didn't run that by the city and that shut down the batcave.

Sorry Wayne or Batman or whatever you call yourself. I don't care if you've saved this city a thousand times, this cave isn't up to code. Close it down.

If that is the case, and i have heard similar things somewhere, then it is more the city's fault for being a pain in the a$$. If they approved it and then required changes, they should have worked with six flags rather than against them after that.

I still feel that SF was working in good faith, Agawam was not.

As a Six Flags shareholder (therefore, a part owner ) let me assure you that SFA is "OWED" nothing

But what's really going on with that park? Are they hoping to sell it to real estate developers for land after the housing market recovers? It is a bit odd that they have given that park basically no love when it seems like all the properties are getting stuff.

^This is only my opinion, but given where SFA is located, I'd imagine that it would be something that many developers would be interested in purchasing. I think if the right offer came along, the place would be condos and McMansions in no time. With the housing market the way it is, I suspect that SFA is safe for awhile.

dt