TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Yeah, there's obviously other things going on here that they're not going to release. I mean, they have all the permits, they 'bought' the coaster, have a building. If they started now, there's no reason it couldn't be open for peak summer season!

Also, why would they buy a million dollar ride and have it sit idle for a season? Perhaps they sold the mouse to another park? Why did they continue to fight for the permits up until last wekk, now all of a sudden call it all off. Very odd!

^Maybe it became clear that the permit wasn't going to happen and the park decided to cut their losses by selling the ride?

Figure it's a brand new coaster, so I bet the park can get a high resale return on it.

This is one of the stranger fates I've seen for a new ride.

Hey guys normally lurk here but found the story below

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/15886845/detail.html

"Park spokeswoman Melissa Pinkerton said the Batman-themed coaster won't be built at the Agawam park as expected. Work already done will be dismantled."

So sounds to me they are going to take down the shell of the building that they had up.

Though from the SFNE site just says it will not open in 2008 doesn't say anything about 2009.. So not sure what is going on..

"Park spokeswoman Melissa Pinkerton said the Batman-themed coaster won't be built at the Agawam park as expected. Work already done will be dismantled.

Hey look! Once again Elissa was right.

--Robb "Never doubt the words of a pro..." Alvey

That's a very good point, maybe they won't build it next year. The shell of the building is constructed where the stunt show used to be down by SROS. There's hard hat signs posted on the fence surrounding the area but no sign of track anywhere. Maybe the building will be used for something else. Given what we've got, who knows what the future will hold. I withdraw the comment of looking forward to riding it next year

^ No

I am really hoping that Six Flags management will put a medium sized Intamin Accelerator coaster in the place of TDKC as it is a perfect spot. A little taller, yet much faster version of Rita would be a great choice. Although it is a great idea IMO, with Six Flag's new family-friendly appeal, I'm doubting even the consideration of a decent sized coaster for the near future, although I maybe wrong.

I've also heard rumors for the Glow In The Dark Parade that GADV will be forfeiting their floats to SFNE, althought this is only a speculation.

-Jon

Is it ruled out already that this wont just pop up at another SF park? Its pretty interesting that they would just scrap the project like that, but I guess SFNE has had the hardest time trying to construct it out of the three parks so I'm not overly surprised.

And when it all comes down to it, its just a mouse in a box =]

I have heard that they are getting a glow in the park parade, but after all the advertising and work that they have done for this parade, they would keep it at GADV and just build a new one for SFNE. Then again it looks like they are just trying to save their loses because SFNE dropped the ball on the new coaster majorly. SFNE screwed up by not waiting for the proper permits to build the coaster, so now because of this they (might) take a parade (that they have been advertising) from a much more popular and money producing park, to give to a park that messed up. To me that would be the biggest blunder the new SFI management made, if they were in fact to take the parade from GADV. as far as what to do with the coaster, they could very well ship it to another park and theme it to the batman movie. I think they will open as a neww attration in another park that needs a new family ride for the 2009 season ( maybe SFMM, SFOG, or anyother park). Remember the batman the rides did not open all in the same year as the movie opening.

this is just my two cents

I think it may be a bit too late in the year for anyone else to get this coaster that they most likely have already bought.

Perhaps it will just be clunked down somewhere with no themeing... SFA maybe... Mouses can be built pretty fast after all.

^^^I don't think that they would take the whole parade from Six Flags Great Adventure and give it to SFNE. I think that they might take a little from the Six Flags Mexico and a little from Six Flags Great Adventure and have a small Glow in the Dark Parade at SFNE. Great Adventure and SF Mexico were the ones origanally planned to get the parade, so I think that they should get the majority of it. Don't quote me on that though because that's just what I think they should do.

It kind of sucks to have a new coaster just taken away from us. I'm kind of curious what they will do. Will they sell it, send it to another park, open it in 2009? Only time will tell.

I'm sorry, but can someone tell me why they are delaying the Dark Knight Coaster? Does this have to do with Heath Leadger's death?

They have had a lot of recent troubles with permits and starting constrution on the ride before getting permits. Eventually, they just decided that they would not be able to open it until August/September so they just scrapped the project.

I'm sorry, but can someone tell me why they are delaying the Dark Knight Coaster? Does this have to do with Heath Leadger's death?

Yes, the ghost of Heath Legder haunted the park last night and told them if they build the ride he would spook everyone in line for Thunderbolt.

--Robb

^Are you sure?

It doesn't say anywhere in there that they'll build it for next year!

Then what would happen to the building that it was going to be built in? it would be a total waste to demolish it.

They'll probably remove it & perhaps send the coaster to another park that could use it more than SFNE because with pandamonium they already have a mouse style coaster anyway & as a result don't need a second one.