TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

The National Weather Service is saying that the Connecticut River in Agawam should be below flood-stage by mid-day tomorrow. Which means that Superman's opening is entirely up to SFNE's pumps, grounds crew, maintenance crew, and inspectors.

I was there on the 21st, ROS was running 2 trains, park was PACKED... I think thanks to the Hawthorne Heights \ Cute Is What I Aim For? Concert (lol, wow they are both bad IMO)

Has any one noticed on the way to Cyclone there is one of those Six Flags " Wooden coaster history signs" that says the woodie Great American Scream Machine is at Six Flags Over Texas? What?

I was there on the 21st, ROS was running 2 trains, park was PACKED... I think thanks to the Hawthorne Heights \ Cute Is What I Aim For? Concert (lol, wow they are both bad IMO)

Has any one noticed on the way to Cyclone there is one of those Six Flags " Wooden coaster history signs" that says the woodie Great American Scream Machine is at Six Flags Over Texas? What?

I was there that day too... it wasn't too bad crwod wise... nothing a Gold Q-Bot can't handle

Did you notice how many times Superman broke down buring the day? I think a total of about 30 trains full of people went out all day, the rest were just empty trains. I think the flooding really screwed with the computer system and wiring.

I was there that day too... it wasn't too bad crwod wise... nothing a Gold Q-Bot can't handle

Did you notice how many times Superman broke down buring the day? I think a total of about 30 trains full of people went out all day, the rest were just empty trains. I think the flooding really screwed with the computer system and wiring.

I don't think I have ever waited so long for Superman, usually try to go on off days so the wait isn't so bad... and to add to frustration the OP at the top of the stairs just kept piling in Fast Lane people and letting the rest of the line sit, good stuff! We were waiting in line and around 6:20ish the maintenance came and sent about 5 trains before letting people on again.

Welcome to last season.

Didn't notice it last season, doh

From what I saw this weekend, we won’t be visiting SFNE again till some time in the summer there are a lot of better parks to go to in the area minus the aggravation. In March we went out of our way to go to Texas and get our SFI season passes there. /end rant

Finally! SF did something..... I thought they would just let it die and replace the DC area with Barneytown.

Barneytown! Well by the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that.

• 5 months later...

I just saw that it will be in the DC Comics area of the park. The thing is, where exactly are they putting it? The ride was originally rumored to go on the current plot of their car ride, but that is closer to the South End area and Wiggles World. The only other place it could fit is the former stunt show arena, which makes more sense since it is at the heart of the DC Comics area.

I actually really hope they don't take out the car ride. It would be a dumb move to take out a family/kids ride when Six Flags is trying to be more family friendly.

They had no choice, the new coaster is themed after the new movie which is called "The Dark Knight" . I dont think itll be that much of a problem, most people around there just know the B&M as Batman.

I'm very confused. Will this be a roler coaster? If it's one of those Mack-Euro-mir type rides. Won't it be too similar to Pandemonium? Why would they even bother with it? I know there are many differences between the two, but..why??? Hopefully it is at least another coaster to ride...

I'm very confused. Will this be a roler coaster? If it's one of those Mack-Euro-mir type rides. Won't it be too similar to Pandemonium? Why would they even bother with it? I know there are many differences between the two, but..why??? Hopefully it is at least another coaster to ride...

It is an indoor Mack wild mouse.