TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

On 4/15/2022 at 11:50 PM, Edwardda09 said:

With  ride ops  wearing the lab coats and. Goggles   Plus the  crack axle canyon steam punk revamp it seems likely that six flags  New England next coaster will be dr diobolical’s cliffhanger 

I would prefer a massive ride on the other side of the road in the massive parking lot they own…..I’d wait a couple years for that…..they have a big property there and could build a garage to compensate…..

8 hours ago, ice1972 said:

I would prefer a massive ride on the other side of the road in the massive parking lot they own…..I’d wait a couple years for that…..they have a big property there and could build a garage to compensate…..

Compared to the recent history of new additions to most SF’s parks, including SFNE, Dr. D. is a “massive” addition for SF’s. Although fun to dream there’s nothing that would point to that type of expansion being invested in by SF’s at the park or if they’d even get the local clearance to do it. I could see some of the preferred lot scraped for more water park in the future. That’s the more probable footprint expansion IMHO. They in a way are prepping for it by killing reservations and making the front part of the main lot preferred this year already. 

3 hours ago, Sluggo77 said:

Compared to the recent history of new additions to most SF’s parks, including SFNE, Dr. D. is a “massive” addition for SF’s. Although fun to dream there’s nothing that would point to that type of expansion being invested in by SF’s at the park or if they’d even get the local clearance to do it. I could see some of the preferred lot scraped for more water park in the future. That’s the more probable footprint expansion IMHO. They in a way are prepping for it by killing reservations and making the front part of the main lot preferred this year already. 

I trust that Dr. D is a massive upgrade but my preference is for something on the Order of Superman or bigger…..all air time….I don’t need inversions just huge drop and lots of huge hills…..

6 hours ago, ice1972 said:

I trust that Dr. D is a massive upgrade but my preference is for something on the Order of Superman or bigger…..all air time….I don’t need inversions just huge drop and lots of huge hills…..

Totally get it just saying nothing in SF’s budget has been in that neighborhood for a very long time. Then add in your parking garage idea and it’s fun to dream LOL. 

A clone of what they are putting in down in San Antonio would be a pretty great addition. I'd rather see the launch or modern wood niches filled first, but hard to complain about a B&M in a Six Flags in 2022. Also, just throwing this out there: While by far the most likely addition is a clone of Dr. D (IF that is what they are even hinting at with the ride ops in the steampunk-like outfits on opening day), they could also just be re-using the theme and not necessarily putting in the same ride. Six Flags does that quite a bit. 

• Like 1

Seeing that 7 of SFNE's 11 coasters are clones (and another is a super-generic B&M floorless), I'd really love to see them get a unique custom coaster for their next addition. The park felt like clone-city to me with one truly standout attraction.

With that said, a large(ish) B&M dive coaster seems like it would be great for that location in the park, and definitely a welcome addition to the lineup.

I haven't been to the park yet this year but I was just dicking around on Queue Times and I saw "Nightwing" listed as closed. Did I miss some news about a new ride (or new name for an existing ride) or is the website just having flashbacks to... like... 2003 and the Foreman Grill era?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zand said:

I haven't been to the park yet this year but I was just dicking around on Queue Times and I saw "Nightwing" listed as closed. Did I miss some news about a new ride (or new name for an existing ride) or is the website just having flashbacks to... like... 2003 and the Foreman Grill era?

Looks like its their slingshot:

https://www.sixflags.com/newengland/attractions/nightwing

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like a weird thing to just kind of...not announce. Sure $7 isn't much money and a lot less than seperate gate waterparks usually charge. But I can forsee a lot of disgruntled people and negative reviews being left.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2022 at 10:42 AM, caffeiengirl47 said:

Just noticed that Hurricane Harbor is no longer included in day tickets--it's a $7 add-on.  But it is included if you get any kind of pass.  Is this new for this season?

Definitely appears to be new. I’ve never seen it be an up charge at SFNE before. The park really hasn’t been releasing much info this season. It’s kind of go and see what’s changed right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So took a visit to the park today and unfortunately it turned into a true Six Flags Day. Today showed me why I never visit parks on a Saturday, but it was our only chance on our trip to go. Luckily we have memberships so other than gas we didn't pay to get in or buy much else.

First the Pros, the park looked pretty good compared to before the pandemic when we last visited, the DC universe area looked very nice (by Six Flags standards), the "Gotham City" section on the other hand still looks like a carnival. As for the rides Wicked Cyclone and Superman were running the best I could ever recall. Cyclone kept pace the entire ride, even the end lap. And Superman was like the ride of old, the bulky lap bars didn't hurt my legs like in years past. 

Now for the Cons and there were lots. First off were the crowds and I know it's not something the park can control, but they really ruined the day, this park is not really designed to handle massive crowds. We only got on four rides total since by Noon most lines were 30-40 minutes plus for the high capacity rides, and some like Pandemonium we're showing an hour and a half at times. Midways were packed and food lines were huge as well. This park also seems to draw in a rude, trashy crowd for some reason. We got so fed up with the crowds we left around 2 after only four rides. I'm not a people person but can usually tolerate crowds but this was ridiculous. As we left it was an endless drove of people still coming in. 

All in all the park would have been enjoyable had the crowds not been so massive and if we could, we would have opted for a different day. It's a nice park and we have had good days here. more than other parks this one should be avoided on a weekend, sort of like Hershey Park gets.

^sucks to hear about the crowds. I got to the park around 4 yesterday and stayed until closed and by then the crowds had really lightened up. Superman was absolutely ripping yesterday! It’s seriously running so unbelievably fast nowadays it doesn’t even feel like the same ride it was 4-5 years ago. 

• 2 months later...

We decided to squeeze in a trip from Orlando to the NE region and had a great day at the park yesterday. I wasn’t going to post anything but noticed this thread has been quiet for a couple months so I thought I’d share my thoughts.

For background, I grew up in the region and have probably been to the park a half dozen times in my life (including 2001 after the unfortunate accident). Overall the park was fairly empty for such a perfect weather Saturday on Labor Day weekend. We opted to skip all day FP and bought one shots for $11-15 each. Our plan worked fairly well and we even scored a spin on Pandemonium with single riders  (Gerstlauer spinners reign supreme.)

- Superman is still amazing. This is not my first time with the U-bricks, and it could have been because I’m about 20  lbs heavier than my prior visit. I’m 6’ 185 lbs and found the trains really cramped. The lap bar itself is fine but the angle makes no sense I finally found a riding position that worked and our night ride was heavenly. No noticeable rattle either. Love the soundtrack on the lift and brakes! 3 rides

- Experienced Riddler for the first time with the new trains. Everyone’s right, it’s a great coaster now. 1 ride

-Holy crap, I forgot how good Wicked Cyclone is! The second half was not sluggish whatsoever and we even got a second lap in an empty back row as the fireworks were going off. Great way to end the night. My partner said it was a baby Iron Gwazi. 3 rides 

- Op’s were mostly average, but the Superman crew, though small were mighty. Trains were barely stacking and the line stayed less than 30 minutes from what I saw. 
- Batman: TDR has a wonderful view of the river and park. Punchier and smoother than I remember. 1 ride
- Thunderbolt was fairly violent in a good way, probably old news but no more combo tower on Scream, and Flashback was Flashback. 
- Food was… just ok. Most stands were open but bees everywhere. 
-Between a great 1-2 punch, beautiful setting, light crowds and ideal weather, I can definitely say our trip has been a success. 

At Canobie this afternoon (first timers). Salem MA for some spooky spooks tonight (we’ll probably be Groupon’ing a tour), and Lake Compounce tomorrow before back to FL we go on the luxurious Frontier airlines.  

Thanks for reading!

18AB2062-E058-4A7F-85B2-4D6A7862F5E4.jpeg.aa91a910c1415b3faf881ddfaffc9524.jpeg

Legendary photo ops
3DA530D2-4EEF-4986-927A-D72FA49461B0.thumb.jpeg.a5f5a58ff1cd5eab495e67dda4320fe8.jpeg

5BE9FFD8-92FF-40CB-8A03-C88E3B9A4E15.thumb.jpeg.8668446b2418e5a9efc74c9d4211b884.jpeg

F8DFC298-86F3-4025-B64C-EC92393E8243.jpeg

B5265888-4EB6-487E-B54B-3BE2ED5F80E2.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Bob325 said:

I know wild mice have crappy capacity but I certainly hope this is some kind of system glitch...

902664678_SFNEWait.png.202f96b5ae274fcfd5730614b5204a48.png

If a Wild Mouse ever has a wait over 9 hours I have lost all faith in humanity.  I'd bet anything that it was a glitch.

• Haha 1

I'm sure the GCG line was a glitch, but if the Wicked Cyclone time is correct it still must have been damn crowded today. Perfect fall weather will do that. There's been Frightfest days in the past where I've pulled in, realized parking was all the way in the back of the 3rd lot, then turned around and left. This park is dead waaaay too often to go on a day like that...

• 1 month later...

Closing day! Been here 1 hr 10 mins and already ridden Scream, Thunderbolt, Skyscreamer, Wicked Cyclone, Pandemonium, Batman, Joker, and Harley Quinn. Everything is open except the Vekomas. Love 40 degree nights here...park to yourself!

Skyscreamer was spinning more than Pandemonium. Quite a...uhh...thrill 400 feet up in the air being spun around 270 degrees everytime you went around the north side. Actually a bit unnerving lol.

Marathoning Superman the rest of the night.

1113221755.thumb.jpg.f718a94a34238b242adba7bc1ee63e3f.jpg

Following up on the rest of the night...after waiting 1 train for a front row ride, hit Cyborg, the Mouse, and Supergirl. I was so spoiled that I just missed a load on Cyborg, so I ran to the Mouse and rode it real quick then went back for the next cycle on Cyborg haha.

Finished the night with my ass plopped in row 9-1 on Superman for 7 consecutive rides. Pretty much the same trainful of people cycling around and around until the last train finally went out at 7pm.

Good times! Will miss HITP, but glad they gave us a couple bonus weekends in November with the full park. Speaking of HITP, surely a couple Jerzdays in my future between now and New Year's Day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This may have been discussed before but I can't seem to find it, what's the deal with the bonzai pipelines? Someone at the park said the company that made them went bankrupt so now six flags can't get the parts it needs for annual maintenance. I noticed the drop slide at Great Escape was also closed this summer. 

I went in June, did the slides ever reopen? Is there any truth to what I was told? Seems kinda crazy