TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, coasterbill said:

This park removing two major inverting coasters in one offseason is rough though…

Maybe I missed something, what's the other one?  The standard boomerang?

26 minutes ago, Sluggo77 said:

This was after they started clean up but you can still see some of what happened.  Crushed the ride pretty good. 

Fireball.thumb.jpg.74c7614337e0269ccaa949b0b5860ff5.jpg

crazy to me that insurance wouldn't replace the ride. Shoot they could replace it with a the larger model and advertise new Englands largest looping ride 

Major disclaimer: I don't actually know this to be true so I'm ENTIRELY pulling it out of my ass but my guess is that when a park builds a ride, they depreciate it and probably use a modified accelerated depreciation schedule if they can get away with it. Insurance probably covered this, but it's not like they valued it the same as a brand new super loop. It's a six-year-old ride. It probably makes more sense to them to take the cash, write it off as a loss and then apply it to a marketable new addition down the line than take the cash and then spend more money out of pocket on top of that to buy a new ride that nobody cares about that nobody will realize is a new ride.

35 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

Major disclaimer: I don't actually know this to be true so I'm ENTIRELY pulling it out of my ass but my guess is that when a park builds a ride, they depreciate it and probably use a modified accelerated depreciation schedule if they can get away with it. Insurance probably covered this, but it's not like they valued it the same as a brand new super loop. It's a six-year-old ride. It probably makes more sense to them to take the cash, write it off as a loss and then apply it to a marketable new addition down the line than take the cash and then spend more money out of pocket on top of that to buy a new ride that nobody cares about that nobody will realize is a new ride.

Same guessing boat but I’d think it would be in the vain that you just stated or that the insurance company would require they use the funds toward a direct within reason replacement. This wasn’t a planned ride removal so it could also take some time to get a replacement.

6 hours ago, Sluggo77 said:

This was after they started clean up but you can still see some of what happened.  Crushed the ride pretty good. 

Fireball.thumb.jpg.74c7614337e0269ccaa949b0b5860ff5.jpg

Whew, glad I got that credit before they scrapped that roller coaster.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2022 at 3:01 PM, Canobie Coaster said:

So didn't Twister.  Maybe it's just the area.  🤣

They need to move those dumpsters behind the ride area. The smell literally seeped into the restraints for Twister and they always smelled like vomit. Never rode Fireball but I'm sure it eventually got to be the same way. Having dumpsters ~20 feet from a ride is such a Six Flags move.

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2022 at 2:47 PM, Zand said:

https://www.wwlp.com/news/local-news/six-flags-new-england-opening-with-new-experiences/

I guess when you remove 2 rides, adding 2 new bars is a good consolation prize. 

I’m all for general improvements this year. There’s a lot that needs to be updated at the park. Goliath coming down was obviously planned. Although not very popular Fireball’s exit wasn’t expected until the storm took it out. My guess is SFNE will see CrackAxle Canyon get a steampunk update in 2023. Possibly the park’s next new coaster in the Goliath and, depending on size, Flashback area for 2023 or 2024.

• 4 weeks later...

Went to opening day last Saturday.  Weather was all over the place from sunny to thunder & lightning with hail during the day.  Had a great time and did see several improvements with landscaping, fresh paint and a great looking new large sign out front.  They have selfie spots throughout the park, a backdrop for pics on Main Street and other general improvements.  Macho Nacho is gone and replaced with Hot Head Burritos. Fireballs sign is still there but walled off and other than the station Goliath is completely gone. Overall operations were pretty smooth and it was one of the better opening days that I can remember.

367CF109-E709-4A5C-A265-05FABE47924E.thumb.jpeg.815884e4776ddf0ad70e7d2def101db1.jpeg

New Sign By Entrance.

86D281FC-8DF2-4FE2-A5B8-EA6C32EB08B2.thumb.jpeg.90789dce36b0bb569a458d7fa0627b0a.jpeg

New Photo Spot On Main Street.

B0876B3A-E6BC-4BD3-A0C1-5269286493FF.thumb.jpeg.4f78494eda6cafea351139dd975c22c0.jpeg

Currently What’s Left Of Fireball.

95F3C8C8-6690-45D9-AD54-2FC4386C6035.thumb.jpeg.b4ba2f26db4419cf740e85a5c42b720a.jpeg

Former Location Of Goliath. 

10A774F4-D152-440A-8AB2-A7B1E8F554F2.thumb.jpeg.95b75536e316ede7ea065c5beef95af0.jpeg

3764F721-CE6B-4DBB-AFE7-E46FDE652A27.thumb.jpeg.20cabadf46fc6f9c3a2c37be1e936fc8.jpeg

2F1DC971-8057-4176-B7EC-A9D0AEDACFA5.thumb.jpeg.bfd31bfa0a2336df1a947b095c66f0e0.jpeg

504E015D-1F49-401E-8DB9-D48E0EA04EDC.thumb.jpeg.ea9dcf7233fb75acb334311e76d22821.jpeg

When The Weather Was Good!

• Like 2

Man, it's so weird to just see that big empty plot of land in the middle of that prime real estate. I know Goliath typically didn't run much at all, but it really drew your eye. Here's hoping they figure out something to go there sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Never rode Goliath and never will!  I always wanted to go back to the park to ride it.  It was a real eye catcher and unique.  Too bad they couldn't run it on a regular basis just like Silverwood can run Aftershock.

Nice day today at the park…..first trip this season and weather was great and crowds were manageable……we live close enough and pay enough monthly that getting there for opening isn’t a thing so we arrived 3:30 and stayed to close…..got 2 rides each on Supe, WC, Pandemonium, Riddler, and Batman……daughter got an additional solo ride on Supe to finish it off…..everything was running great…..some short downtime in several of those rides but nothing major…..only thing to complain about is the new arrangement at Pandemonium……FP riders get merged with regular riders too early and you end up waiting 15 to 30 minutes to get on…..that’s like the opposite of what FP is for…..anyway was good to get on Supe…..hadn’t ridden since September 2019…..pre COVID….jesus