TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

Yeah that's brutal. Seeing what some crowds have been like, trying to imagine reduced capacity rides...yikes. Well as mentioned I'll be going this Friday, hope a weekday can spare me. In fact I am moving back to NJ on Sat so I have no choice but to go on Friday lol consider it my last hurrah in New England! 

Sounds like Friday will still be mask mandated and limited capacity. Saturday is the day for it to go away. 

Well mask I can live with, I did it last year w Hershey and LC and sucks but I could deal. If we get word that limited capacity is dropped for Sat.....I will strongly consider it then. THAT is a much bigger deal for me. 

So any word on if this Sat will go to full capacity trains? Bc tomm really does look like the best time for me and ya know, weekend crowds + not full capacity sounds even worse. I see the 29th we no longer need reservations, but does that mean full capacity? I see they are really trying to get people in, tix for $30? Well $35 but still, damn. 

Edit: Ohhh looks like a cooler day and rain later. May keep crowds away? Which is fine I need to duck out after a few hours to get to an event back in RI so this may work out. 

Oof good luck! Yeah to both be fiscally responsible and not sure how much I love being there for possibly 3 hours before rain starts and how the rides will run on a cool cloudy day....I may shelve it. Jersey ain't terribly far, I mean the times I've gone was from NJ so I may just do it later in the year. Its an hour longer but eh not so bad, and by then I reckon masks will be no longer a thing outside, full capacity etc   Maybe will make a mini New England trip, see friends in Vermont, do Great Escape and Canobie Lake!

On 5/25/2021 at 8:59 PM, anonymouscactus said:

It's this new???? How cool is that? Just ordered my flash pass for Saturday and got this surprise...

Screenshot_20210525-204603.thumb.png.d247d783bc6379a09ebaa27384fe7e03.png

Wait…..we have the season flash pass and never knew they’ve activated the system for phones…..is this real?  It’s so dumb to wait in some 45 minute line to get the FP….totally defeats the purpose…..

I don't know if you can use it with the season long flash pass, but I definitely used it on Saturday for the day purchase (which I regretted spending $$$ on, the only REALLY GOOD time saver was Superman due to the 1 train), the rest shaved off little to no lines. It worked well, though a lot of the employees had trouble getting the QR code to register and sometimes it took 20-30 seconds for them to finally get it to scan. I really liked it though. Nothing additional to carry around, no line to wait in to pick it up, it was great in that respect.

23 minutes ago, anonymouscactus said:

I don't know if you can use it with the season long flash pass, but I definitely used it on Saturday for the day purchase (which I regretted spending $$$ on, the only REALLY GOOD time saver was Superman due to the 1 train), the rest shaved off little to no lines. It worked well, though a lot of the employees had trouble getting the QR code to register and sometimes it took 20-30 seconds for them to finally get it to scan. I really liked it though. Nothing additional to carry around, no line to wait in to pick it up, it was great in that respect.

They’re doing something wrong if they can’t get it to work regardless if it’s a day purchase or a season long pass…..it’s literally the same system….I mean how can it not be…..

On a side note I was told last week when we went that they are selling single skip the line passes now for $19.99 a piece…..lol….combined with the separate line they have now for skip the line passes the line to get them now backs up a ways up the hill….so that really sucks if you are a member that needs to pick up your skips and your FP….Tonight I had the kids wait in the STL line whil I waited in the FP line…..I mean I get it….selling single STL passes is another - probably pretty lucrative - revenue stream but you can’t screw already paying members and make them wait in line like that…..they need to modify that….IDK maybe make it all phone based - man that would be genius lol

On a side note….Supergirl got stuck tonight at the end of the night with a few guests in the one side facing straight down lol…..they slowly lowered it down eventually and got them off…..IDK….we haven’t ridden it yet

Hey All I am going to SFNE on the 18th if anyone wants to meet up. I have been out of the game for 8 years and bought a pass this year to get back to what I love. No coaster is off limits to me and age, creed or color does not matter to me either just looking for a good time an meet some new people. Crazy thing is I was a founding member of Club TPR... It's been a long strange trip.

50 minutes ago, Funkadelic said:

I'm considering signing up for the Season Pass. Could any season pass holders tell me which days they are offering "Bring-a-friend free" this year?

Literally none. Idk if they just haven’t been announced yet but on the pass portal on the app it doesn’t list any dates for them.

So Six Flags New England’s coaster power hours were awesome. They only advertised the coasters and frisbee being open but as more and more staff became available for an event that they just started advertising a few days ago they opened like half the flat rides in the park for no reason even though nothing was filling trains.

It’s really a tale of two companies with them and Cedar Fair right now 😂

• Like 1

In my member portal I have a at least once a month to bring a friend for free. This is July.

Choose one Friday in July to bring a friend for free.

To Receive Your Discount : Present your Gold Season Pass or Membership card at the turnstile and receive one (1) free general admission for a friend.Terms, Conditions, and Restrictions : Offer only valid July 6, 13, and 20. Offer only valid with the presentation of a valid, processed Gold Season Pass or Membership card. You and your friend must enter the park turnstiles together when your Pass or Membership card is first scanned for the day. Offer valid for one-time use.

Pretty terrible visit today…..not impressed with the wait at flash pass office to secure my season flash pass that I pay a lot for every month so we opted to just wait in the infuriating separate line for our skip the line passes and when I asked the guy why my season flash pass isn’t available on the app thing they love to now tout everywhere he said “I know it’s weird - they haven’t added season FP people yet……

FFS….what a disaster….I said it before - they’re doing something wrong if they have an app for a daily flash pass but just forgot about the season FP holders…..come on…..so we opted for our skip the line passes only without waiting in the 2 hour FP line…..

Later my kid and his friend got stuck on catwoman after boarding and I happen to be at the exit waiting for them when one of the Leadership Team showed up - after maintenance was called - and I asked her what happens if my kids used skip the line passes to get and now have to get off……she gave us 4 anytime passes for use on any ride the whole season And each gets four people max on a ride….so that was the only bright spot….

Mostly I’m fine going to SFNE….have a good time usually but the crowds today and the inability of SFNE to manage the crowds especially For customers who pay a lot per Month to not wait around in lines made it a very bad day….

do better six flags

Stopped in for a few hours today. Noticed that the area with Houdini, Tomahawk, and Rodeo has been blocked off. This must’ve happened recently considering I had just ridden Houdini over Memorial Day weekend. 

F9CB9057-83F5-46BF-8CD1-86146990F1AA.jpeg

• Like 1

Heading to the park today for the first time in 9 years... Yeah life sometimes takes us into different directions. Hoping for a not so busy day.. just want to get all the coasters done and pretty much thats it.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 5:01 PM, Chasehat said:

Stopped in for a few hours today. Noticed that the area with Houdini, Tomahawk, and Rodeo has been blocked off. This must’ve happened recently considering I had just ridden Houdini over Memorial Day weekend. 

F9CB9057-83F5-46BF-8CD1-86146990F1AA.jpeg

Per queue times it looks like an obvious staffing move but they often open those rides the last few hours of the day when the staff becomes available. I'd imagine it won't be an issue on weekends.

42 minutes ago, nepatsfan1 said:

It was packed today... Ride ops went decent.. Food ops not so much. I do not think they expected that many people there today. The lot was all the way back and preferred was sold out.

Were you able to get on everything you wanted