TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Glad they're finding additional revenue sources.

I ended up going to the Holiday in the Park Lights event last week.  It felt sort of eerie walking around the park with all the rides sitting idle, but it was nice to see all the lights and the park had safety precautions upon safety precautions to make sure it could he done safely.

I also made sure to get my Superman and Wicked Cyclone nanocoasters.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 9:27 AM, Canobie Coaster said:

Glad they're finding additional revenue sources.

I ended up going to the Holiday in the Park Lights event last week.  It felt sort of eerie walking around the park with all the rides sitting idle, but it was nice to see all the lights and the park had safety precautions upon safety precautions to make sure it could he done safely.

I also made sure to get my Superman and Wicked Cyclone nanocoasters.

Totally agree with the eerie feeling. Especially down in the North End. Pretty unique too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Took the drive over to the park Friday night to check out the drive-thru experience. Overall we enjoyed it. They had you enter from the employee lot going past Hurricane Harbor and under Batman. New decorations were added for this part and after making your way through the park you finally ended up wrapping around and exiting through Whistlestop Park into the preferred lot.  Nice way to wrap up this crazy season. Looking forward to hopefully a much more normal operating season this coming year and still a lot of credit to SF’s for doing what they could this year. 

• 1 month later...

Happy to see the SF's chain putting the park opening dates out there.  Not sure if it was a leap of faith with SFNE since they weren't able to provide a firm date just yet.  Crazy how Lake Compounce, practically just down the road, was even able to open last year since it's in Connecticut.   Hopefully the Mass. Governor follows NY's lead with letting the park open for this season soon.  Can't wait for some Superman and Wicked Cyclone rides! 

6 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

Did you ever get on Goliath? I legit don’t remember. Lol

I remember attempt #1 that ended in “WTF was that noise? Lol that doesn’t sound good” but that’s it.

We did, after a few failed attempts (another IIRC the train got stuck at a random part) 
I went to SFNE next year, like a few days after Wicked Cyclone opened (was a weekday so I was solo) and I did get another ride on Goliath, somehow lol 
Not sure how many times you've been since but I've heard WC has slowed down/lost some of its oomph, which would be a damn shame that thing was an absolute beast. 

• Like 1

Oof yeah....even for the history of it, that was a definite one and done. 
If the park opens up and yall are going feel free to hit me up. I'll be in RI till May to August depending on when I land a job/if I can sub lease my apt

• Like 1

Massachusetts announced they will move into Phase 4 Step 1 starting March 22.  I believe theme parks are the step that follows.  From March 22 onwards, the only other items closed along with theme parks will be ball pits, saunas/hot tubs, bars, and nightclubs.

If the positive trends continue, hopefully Phase 4 Step 2 will start by the end of April, which should include theme parks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

Massachusetts announced they will move into Phase 4 Step 1 starting March 22.  I believe theme parks are the step that follows.  From March 22 onwards, the only other items closed along with theme parks will be ball pits, saunas/hot tubs, bars, and nightclubs.

If the positive trends continue, hopefully Phase 4 Step 2 will start by the end of April, which should include theme parks.

Wonderful news! 

11 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

Yeah, April 2022. ;)

I dont understand how theme parks ever got lumped in with nightclubs in our reopening plan anyway. One of them involves hundreds of people packed into a small indoor space and one of them involves a limitable amount of people fully outdoors. Another way to look at it is ski areas have (thankfully) been fine (and very busy) but essentially the warm weather version of waiting in line, sitting in a chair, and flying around at various speeds is still a no no.

I'm hopeful for mid spring also but I was hopeful for July last year and we're 7 months past that now.

Why can't I go to this park again? I want to get that Batman TDK credit. Would skip The Riddler('s) Revenge, because the Great Nor'Easter at Morey's banged my head around IMO and I wouldn't want to go on another SLC. Goliath will be down, I just know it.

56 minutes ago, mary.pesik said:

Why can't I go to this park again? I want to get that Batman TDK credit. Would skip The Riddler('s) Revenge, because the Great Nor'Easter at Morey's banged my head around IMO and I wouldn't want to go on another SLC. Goliath will be down, I just know it.

You haven't been on The Great Nor'easter since they replaced almost all of the track as well as the trains, have you?  I rode it in 2019 and it was very smooth, especially for an SLC.

1 hour ago, njcoasterguy34 said:

You haven't been on The Great Nor'easter since they replaced almost all of the track as well as the trains, have you?  I rode it in 2019 and it was very smooth, especially for an SLC.

2020. It rattled me around.

On 2/26/2021 at 2:48 PM, mary.pesik said:

Riddler is immensely better with the new restraints though.......very comfortable.......its a good ride......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Your guess is as good as anyone's.  Amusement Parks aren't in MA's Phase 4 step A part 1 subpart a that takes effect on 3/22, so whenever their Governor decides to take his head out of his ass, they'll open.  On the plus side, they did hire a bunch of people back in late February, so I guess that's good news?

BTW I found this information after 2 minutes of Googling.

Since they aren't in Phase 4 Step 1, the earliest they can open is Phase 4 Step 2.  Phase 4 Step 1 starts later this month.  MA has said each step has to occur at least one month after the prior.  They've announced reopening phases/steps a month in advance, so we should know a month in advance before the park is allowed to open.  The earliest it can happen is the end of April.

• Like 1

With the Cali parks announcing their opening days recently, I believe SFNE is the final park yet to announce an opening day. And, naturally, there isn't even a date where their phase of reopening might happen.

Thankfully things finally seem to be moving a bit quicker on Beacon Hill so I think late April is possible and almost definitely by Memorial Day.

On 3/18/2021 at 4:50 PM, Zand said:

With the Cali parks announcing their opening days recently, I believe SFNE is the final park yet to announce an opening day. And, naturally, there isn't even a date where their phase of reopening might happen.

Thankfully things finally seem to be moving a bit quicker on Beacon Hill so I think late April is possible and almost definitely by Memorial Day.

Classic New England.....whatever.... just get Superman running please..... nothing else matters