TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...
I hope this park re-opens soon because I want to go back with my brother. I hate da corona.

There is no way it will open next month......my guess is we're looking at July or August at the earliest......any word about suspension of monthly payments if they aren't open in time?

Six Flags New England will open precisely on June 5th at 5:00pm. 74.6% of the rides will be open. Riddler Revenge and Goliath will be closed. Precisely 1563 guests will visit. It's pretty much confirmed at this point

/s

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ I mean, all that really does is replace it with a situation where someone arrives and gets denied to their ignorance (real or feigned) of the newly implemented reservation system.

I do wonder how many entries they will limit it to each day. If it's going to be some substantial number, or if it's basically going to be like Cedar Point fast lane passes... yeah, they "limit" them, but they don't LIMIT them.

• 4 weeks later...

^ya totally don't know what it means but its nice thats there......maybe they're testing or just getting stuff setup.....here in CT phase 2 isn't until June 20 - I'm not sure what Mass is but I would think the governors are coordinating.....suggests maybe that calandar is a test or setup......theres no official announcements yet

Massachusetts put amusement parks in Phase 4 which will start no earlier than July 20th. Of course they could change the "phase" for amusement parks or make a totally different set of rules for SFNE but thats the only thing to go on right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya I was looking into this today trying to figure out when they’d start charging me again - I paused membership payments.....Phase 4 per MA reopening guidance is the “new normal” whatever that means....they say each phase would be minimum of 3 weeks with phase 2 set for Monday....they’re so vague about phase 4 I could see SFNE not opening until August? IDK....hate this...

Massachusetts put amusement parks in Phase 4 which will start no earlier than July 20th. Of course they could change the "phase" for amusement parks or make a totally different set of rules for SFNE but thats the only thing to go on right now.

Reviewing CT guidance for reopening outdoor amusement parks they have that in Phase 2.....which is June 17....so LC and Quassy could be open in 10 days while SFNE stays closed unless Mass moves them up out of Phase 4.....they should be coordinating better maybe....IDK

• 2 weeks later...

^ I'm not surprised. Governor Baker was careful to schedule Phase 2 after Memorial Day weekend so I'm not surprised he'd do the same to wait until after the Fourth of July for Phase 3.

I thought Six Flags was arguing they could open at some point during Phase 3 after they were originally lumped in Phase 4?

Yeah the state could always give them a special date in Phase 3 especially with reservation systems and all. Hopefully this "waiting for the next holiday thing" doesn't mean phase 4 starts on September 8th.

• 2 weeks later...

The governor announced today that phase 4 (including amusement parks) will not begin until there is either a vaccine or a proven medial treatment.

Stick a fork in this season.