TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

We had a negative experience with our skip the line passes at this park. We have the diamond elite memberships as well. The skip the line passes at six flags parks are good for up to 4 people(at least the many six flags parks we have been to). At this park, they were only for the 1 person. We bought our diamond elite memberships for the skip the line passes and discounts. Since we have 2 kids, it was a great deal as we could all ride together with the skip the line pass. Now at New England, it was only for a single rider. That threw a wrench in our plans.

The weather policy at this park blows as well. One of the days we were there, it was sunny in the morning and a rain storm moved in around 2 or so. They announced at 2:30 that they were closing the park due to weather. So we left to go see a movie around 3pm, came out of the movie to find a sunny day with not a cloud in the sky for the remainder of the day. The crowds were very light that day, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with there decision to close. There was no reason weather wise that they could not have stayed open. A passing storm is a weak excuse. It sucked for us as we drove all the way from Michigan.

It was funny how they shut the park down before you could use your dinning plan at 4pm as well.

^Gotta wonder what’s up with the parks financials if they can’t get their big boy ride running two trains....combined with their other big boy rode Wicked Cyclone also on one train.....it’s not like it’s October and the end of the season is near....come on guys

Yeah, if we're talking about best views from coasters in America Cedar Point pretty much dominates that list. Eventually I suppose you might break it up with Wild Eagle and a few pier parks or some sh*t.

Wildfire. That view from about 600 feet above the lake...holy crap.

Actually, sorry. Griffon wins because you end up getting a birds eye view of a giant brewery. We're both wrong.

Silver Dollar City's Wildfire also loses to its namesake over in Sweden.

Back to SFNE, I definitely don't think the park intended for Superman to be down to one train. Usually they're good about running 2 trains on it all season if they're available. Wicked Cyclone is the one they sometimes swap to one train operations early in the season, but it's odd to be down to 1 now.

All of New England seems to be having a "one train only" season - same issues are occurring with Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce (and have been for over a year). Been an extremely frustrating season for coaster enthusiasts up here

Lake Compounce's "issues" are likely just because the park is owned by Parques Reunidos which is a horrible company that doesn't care.

As for Six Flags, isn't Superman the only coaster that generally runs 2 trains and isn't currently doing so?

Lake Compounce's "issues" are likely just because the park is owned by Parques Reunidos which is a horrible company that doesn't care.

As for Six Flags, isn't Superman the only coaster that generally runs 2 trains and isn't currently doing so?

Riddler, pandamonium. Wicked cyclone and superman were the only coasters running more than one train when we visited. Oh...and the mouse coaster.

Silver Dollar City's Wildfire also loses to its namesake over in Sweden.

No doubt. I so want to go to Sweden.

Yeah, if we're talking about best views from coasters in America Cedar Point pretty much dominates that list. Eventually I suppose you might break it up with Wild Eagle and a few pier parks or some sh*t.

Wildfire. That view from about 600 feet above the lake...holy crap.

Actually, sorry. Griffon wins because you end up getting a birds eye view of a giant brewery. We're both wrong.

You win.

^Riddler was running two trains when we were there last week.....Pandemonium usually has like two out on the track while loading one....WC is odd that it’s going one train which really slows it down....Superman obviously is a problem....Batman usually two and has been all summer....only Thunderbolt has just one train ever....at least since we’ve been going since Fall 2015

The skip the line passes at six flags parks are good for up to 4 people(at least the many six flags parks we have been to). At this park, they were only for the 1 person. We bought our diamond elite memberships for the skip the line passes and discounts. Since we have 2 kids, it was a great deal as we could all ride together with the skip the line pass. Now at New England, it was only for a single rider. That threw a wrench in our plans..

I didn't think that was the case, and I think you are lucking out at whatever parks you were able to bring multiple people per individual skip the line pass. In the official PDF guide online (that shows all the restrictions), and chatting with a live agent long ago, nowhere does it state "for up to four people". If that was the case I would get it in a heartbeat, but unfortunately I can't find "up to four people" in any Six Flags documentation.

Also from a Q&A at SFNE when they were first announced:

"How many people in your group can use the skip the line pass?"

Just the person with the benefit. Its one per person per membership, so if only you have it, only you can, if everybody has it, then everybody can use it.

Edit: I see the person below me has had the same experience. JINX

Edited by anonymouscactus

We had a negative experience with our skip the line passes at this park. We have the diamond elite memberships as well. The skip the line passes at six flags parks are good for up to 4 people(at least the many six flags parks we have been to). At this park, they were only for the 1 person. We bought our diamond elite memberships for the skip the line passes and discounts. Since we have 2 kids, it was a great deal as we could all ride together with the skip the line pass. Now at New England, it was only for a single rider. That threw a wrench in our plans.

That’s interesting. Where does it say that Diamond Elite members skip the line passes are for up to four people? That would be cool but doesn’t really make sense from the parks perspective when it’s a specific perk for the DE member. Same for premium show seating and some of the other specific member perks which are only for the member. I’ve only been to three SF’s Park’s this year but each of them only offered the skip the lines passes for the DE member not a group of four. I did read that a few people got lucky when flash pass was closed or broken and they were given the passes that you are mentioning at guest relations. Either way good for you if you’ve been getting them with regularity at other SF parks.

It appears that both Intamin hypers in the northeast have caught the one-train virus. Whose next? Skyrush? S:ROS?

Also, if SFNE keeps up this one train streak than it might be safe to say that SFA is doing a better job running with two trains than SFNE

At six flags over Georgia and great escape, the skip the line passes were for up to 4 people. It was even highlighted on the skip the line slip that it was good for up to 4 people.

Being that I got my diamond elite memberships from Georgia, I thought all the parks followed the same guidelines as they did regarding the skip the line passes.

I'll check when I get home to see if I have one left over to show you.

^^Thanks! Mine is from SFNE but it didn’t offer me four at Great Adventure on multiple visits either. Now that I think about it when I went to TGE on opening day it was totally dead due to weather so I didn’t even bother getting the passes there.

^My understanding was that the DE SKL passes were always just one ride for that member twice....we have 4 DE memberships and have really loved that we get 8 SKL passes but it’s always been 1 rider per pass....HOWEVER....I found out - at SFNE - that when the weather is sketchy and they decide to shut down the flash pass system cuz they think nobody is gonna buy it that forces the DE members to member services to get the SKL passes....thing is when ita done this way the SKL pass is really a SKL pass for up to 4 riders and it doesn’t expire....they hand out different passes....IDK it’s anlearning process I guess....

I currently have 12 of those bonus passes that I saved over out last two visits during sketchy weather where FP was down...lo

It’s annoying that it seems DE is being treated diffeeemt at different parks....so far though we’ve loved the parking access and the SKL deal....that’s the biggest thing we like

Six flags made what seems to be a test site that looks like rides from New England and great escape

https://www.sixflags.com/springfield

Looks like the kids area could get a make over

I miss the lumberjack theme tbh

This isn’t real....Illinois? Haven’t heard S about this in Mass....our home park is SFNE....

IDK....I was jut reviewing MF POV.....there’s only 2 air time hills....what’s up with that....it may be a hundred feet taller than Supe at SFNE but it doesn’t hold up against Supes 3 epic airs before it heads into the spaghetti bowl of insaneness....Supe at SFNE really is great