TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Apparently the SF naming department did not go to grammar school. Riddler Revenge? It should be Riddler'S Revenge! I mean I expect this kind of stuff from Chinese parks not American parks!

I believe it is something with DC and Warner Bros that now makes it so the names cannot be possessive. SFOT has Catwoman Whip and Riddler Revenge. I believe that rides that had possessive names before the change can be kept, but anything new cannot be possessive.

The much rumored Riddler Revenge finally came true. I agree the lack of a possessive is weird, but I have heard the marketing agreement rumor as well. I really like the green paint scheme.

I wonder if Slingshot will get a DC name too.

^ I like how they got the park map out before Orlando opens the star flyer that will steal the record from SFNE. I'm sure they'll be prompt to update it.

It looks like there's a new restaurant (Good Eats Cafe) right near Goliath. Judging by the location, that looks to be about where Goliath's overflow queue is located. I don't think I've ever seen it used outside of the ride's opening year.

I also notice the old Sky Ride station by Wicked Cyclone missing on the map. That building used to be home to Wicked Cyclone's lockers, but I don't even see the locker icon anymore. I'm wondering if the mandatory locker policy will be removed or if there are new lockers going in somewhere.

Lastly, I took a peek at the forecast and it looks like Agawam could be seeing some snow on Saturday. It's not much, but I'll keep an eye whether or not the park will open on Saturday. After all, the forecast could change a few times before then.

Mind Eraser's new trains weren't really publicized last year. The park only announced VR, so we were stunned (and pleased) to find the vest restraints as well.

They make the ride so much better, it went from a never again ride to a try to do once a trip ride

Mind Eraser's new trains weren't really publicized last year. The park only announced VR, so we were stunned (and pleased) to find the vest restraints as well.

The park actually announced the trains at the same time they announced VR. It was the same press release for Mind Eraser’s 20th anniversary.

Hi went to my home park today and just wanted to give a little report with some pics.

We got there about 11:15 and went right to Superman. Got right in line for the back and was talking to the associate. Superman was only running one train today. It seems the other train is being put together so it will be a short time before both are up and running. He said they didn't rush because of the cold weather. It isn't good for those trains to sit idle. He mentioned they are looking into putting heaters into the station after I was talking about Nitro and how they run it in such cold. Maybe if it works out we can see Superman for Holiday in the Parks. The ride rode great, lots of air time this is still one of my favorite steel.

We have the dining plan and I swear the lines for the food were longer than the rides today. We ate at Macho Nacho (no change there, it's decent) For dinner we ate at Take 6, however some of my family got the fish and chips. Everything was good and saw no changes. For snacks my daughter got a cheesy bread at the new restaurants in Gotham City. It has meatball grinders, pizza and cheese bread and something else. This is the one right across from the ladder walk. Also right next door is another new Mexican. It is not a make your own stuff like Macho Nacho and pretty much has the same thing. We saw no change in making drinks easier to get with the refillable cups.

We rode Wicked Cyclone, Pandemonium, Wave Swinger, Batman, Joker, Gauntlet and bumper cars. Everything was running great and we had a lot of fun. We especially enjoy these bumper cars. The best ones I have been on. Wicked Cyclone was running one train and Batman was running two.

The tea cups work in the old Buzz Saw spot.

The pain job and entrance for Riddler Revenge looks so much better than Mind eraser. I think it looks good.

Where they put the sphere between Riddler and Harley Quinn is tight. It will be so close when it shoots up. Also I see that walking path being crowded.

The entrance in once past security was the old Discover lane is now a Members Pass Only line. Other wise not much difference.

The new bathrooms across from Take 6 are great! The old ones were the worst on the property. I like the speed trap in the old stage, it looks good.

We left about 5:30 it started getting too cold. Overall a great day and it was nice to be back.

I have a few pics I took of some of the changes in Gotham City.

sfopenday518.thumb.jpg.e61fc4f898d236506aefbbc92ec3fc5e.jpg

Tea cups look good!

sfopenday418.thumb.jpg.5781f1f8390ad92a7e2564882de14f24.jpg

Harley Quinn Queue area

sfopenday218.thumb.jpg.307cdfbc4db91f6bfd54f1d5fdc8ac99.jpg

Harley Quinn queue area

sfopenday18.thumb.jpg.b5aa450aa4def2527d79edef61617e87.jpg

Harley Quinn queue area

sfopenday32018.thumb.jpg.d26154bec8731ab2a8b4f1d2f21d3b84.jpg

^ I was there too. Lines were pretty much non-existent despite one train operations on all major coasters except Batman, Joker, Pandemonium, and Gotham City Gauntlet.

I was impressed by the uptime of the rides despite the colder temperatures combined with opening weekend. I knew Goliath, Blizzard River, and the Tea Cups would be closed going in, but outside of that, the only ride I noticed closed was Scream during the last hour of park operation.

Most of the coasters were running extremely well despite the temperatures. Superman wasn't quite up to summer speeds yet in the second half, but even a slightly slower Superman is still one of the best coasters around.

SFOT's Riddler Revenge looked amazing at night so I'm looking forward to it.

My girlfriend and I were actually commenting on our last Superman ride at night how dark the South End/Gotham City loomed relative to the rest of the park. Harley should fix that.

Well we went to our home park today and it was really a glorious day......arrived right after opening at 12:15 pm with the temp in the low 40's but bright sun.....I took the kids without my wife so I was not able to ride any of the big stuff - however I did sneak a ride on Batman while the kids rode Crime Wave.....anyway the cold temps and being a Monday the crowds were non-existent - probably the least amount of people I have seen there except maybe that day last September when rain closed the park early around 3pm......that day I rode Superman in pounding rain which was pretty painful but a good memory.....anyway in 4 hrs and 15 minutes we managed to ride Pandemonium, Thunderbolt, Catwomans Whip, Gotham City Gauntlet, Crime Wave, and Batman (me only).....wait times for all rides were less than 5 minutes.....so great

Loved the changes where HQ went up.....they moved the Tea Cups to where Buzz Saw was and put Slingshot right in front of The Riddler Revenge which is a great retheming of Mind Eraser......the ride looks great - the orange/greens are really bright.....IDK if I will ride HQ but the ride looks awesome.......I feel like Slingshot is pretty close to Riddler Revenge......

Goliath was closed and I'm not sure what they are doing to it or putting in.....the covered area that I think is the extended queue area was being worked on......then as we walked around to the south side of the ride I noticed a piece of track on the ground and a gap in the track in the station (zoom up on my picture - you may be able to see it).....not an expert on coasters but maybe they take the train off that way or some sort of repair.....wondering what they are doing to the ride.....honestly I have only rode it once, ever, and I walked off with a major headache.....man it banged my head around....

Anyway a nice half day opener....we will be back many more times all the way through December - we loved Holiday in the Park....enjoy the pics...

01.thumb.jpg.b957ba3cfe36f1c9220f6c89b99d2eb0.jpg

Closed sign at Goliath - hadn't heard it wasn't working

02.thumb.jpg.d465e6a2bbf269120a932dc17b2d9517.jpg

Overflow queue area at Goliath - theres something going on here but not sure

03.thumb.jpg.68ff33599483dc054de7c66adddc9028.jpg

Piece of track laying on the ground - zoom up, theres a gap in the track in the station (took train out this way?)

04.thumb.jpg.1b4289bae5b6db63dc27d6f1c4362a1a.jpg

Line at Pandemonium was non existent today - unheard of, kids loved it, we rode it like 8 times

05.thumb.jpg.706da7b816f5b45d49a7212dc9254653.jpg

Shot of The Riddler Revenge from the top of Gotham City Gauntlet - I love the new paint job on this thing

06.thumb.jpg.fff57da8a6ca02cc9254045f076141ec.jpg

Entrance of The Riddler Revenge

07.thumb.jpg.6ea4413342ee2c69efc3b2b56116f9e3.jpg

Walk area in front of The Riddler Revenge - New location of Slingshot is to the right

07a.thumb.jpg.cb79a3899dd4abf4614ab167f1378c0c.jpg

More Riddler Revenge

08.thumb.jpg.1aa0b003996c63446f1b4823ce59d7e2.jpg

More Riddler Revenge - with train, love the colors, very bright

09.thumb.jpg.ea0ed5ec1282111892f206f74e73d4a0.jpg

Tea Cups was moved to where Buzz Saw was to make room for Harley Quinn

10.thumb.jpg.ca58d987dd49dad6d913a6fe0adb5f98.jpg

New DC Gotham City entrance sign and Harley Quinn in the background

11.thumb.jpg.7ce7a130d89e6f191ac208fdba48470c.jpg

More HQ

12.thumb.jpg.4cecf8702d82f45acd01c6b4d3b0a4d3.jpg

Close up of HQ

13.thumb.jpg.a3a2593c54fbe29d0aae5eb6396c9110.jpg

Other side of HQ

14.thumb.jpg.1f94f81cf769ea0e5a80a284a9885bd1.jpg

Leaving DC area

^ I'm pretty sure I was there that rainy day in September. I arrived a half hour before closing, which was a bummer, but it was enough time to process my season pass and get rides on Wicked Cyclone and Superman.

Great photos of opening day. I was honestly shocked to see they were open all through this week considering how light the crowds were yesterday. If I were closer, I'd definitely drop in after work to get some line-free rides.

^ I'm pretty sure I was there that rainy day in September. I arrived a half hour before closing, which was a bummer, but it was enough time to process my season pass and get rides on Wicked Cyclone and Superman.

Great photos of opening day. I was honestly shocked to see they were open all through this week considering how light the crowds were yesterday. If I were closer, I'd definitely drop in after work to get some line-free rides.

Ya it was Sunday Sept. 3 last year.....it was off and on rain all day - we got there around 1:00 and by maybe 3:30 it wasn''t letting up so as we were headed to ride Superman we heard the announcement that the park was closing at 4pm I think......so we were able to get on the last Superman ride of the day and when the train pulled out onto the lift hill it was just dumping rain.....heavy....but theres SFNE just sending trains up lift hills like nothing doing lol.......anyway when we went down the drop it was basically mini bullets in my face the whole way......everyone should experience it once but don't do it again....lol