TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Was that filmed yesterday? If so I'm bummed I missed it testing.

I'd love to see it flip that much. It'd be far better than my experience on SFMM's Green Lantern. I'm hoping they can get this open before Memorial Day so I can sneak some rides before the park gets busier.

For the second straight weekend Flashback has valleyed with passengers. This time at the bottom of the second lift/halfway up the vertical loop.

I hope they remove it

SFA will gladly take it off your hands.

(thought it's my home park, I have no qualms about bashing SFA) . . . .

Can't SFA do something ORIGINAL rather than be the bastard step-child and receive hand me downs (I'm looking at you Apocalypse/Iron Wolf and Ragin Cajun) . . .

You do realize that this is SFA we're talking about?

They've always had 2 trains, but they only run 1 at any given time.

Yes due to thunderbolts manual brakes it no longer runs 2 trains. But this year thunderbolts second train was on the transfer track. It hasn't been on the track for at least 7 years.

Maybe the next upgrade will be two train operations on Thunderbolt. Great day at the park today. There's a very clear improvement in operations so far this season. Only ride that was really down was Flashback which is still sitting where it valleyed.

F82AF9F1-8C3C-4E72-82CF-093D9550E352.thumb.JPG.ede8321997e93186041fb67e258791df.JPG

Y'all do know that Boomerangs are designed to "valley" in the spot right? Once they get everyone unloaded it should take 20 minutes at most to get the train back into the station, unless there is a major problem with the ride.

I agree but the park can't be happy this has happened 2 straight weekends. The other thing the park could maybe look at is how they load the train. SFNE loads Flashback from back to front, which means that the front row is only occupied if they have a full train. I haven't seen any other park do that so not sure if the weight distribution could be having any impact.

Honestly I don't see this as a big deal and while I don't understand the loading procedure I'm sure it's done for a reason and it most likely has to do with making sure the ride completes the circuit.I used to be on the bandwagon of people who want it removed but honestly it's one of the better Boomerangs in my opinion and I enjoy it much more than Goliath unless you're lucky enough to ride Goliath in the front. Flashback has totally won me over lately, I hope they keep it. I don't think these two minor incidents will play any role in determining the future of the ride though.

Y'all do know that Boomerangs are designed to "valley" in the spot right? Once they get everyone unloaded it should take 20 minutes at most to get the train back into the station, unless there is a major problem with the ride.

I agree but the park can't be happy this has happened 2 straight weekends. The other thing the park could maybe look at is how they load the train. SFNE loads Flashback from back to front, which means that the front row is only occupied if they have a full train. I haven't seen any other park do that so not sure if the weight distribution could be having any impact.

Honestly I don't see this as a big deal and while I don't understand the loading procedure I'm sure it's done for a reason and it most likely has to do with making sure the ride completes the circuit.I used to be on the bandwagon of people who want it removed but honestly it's one of the better Boomerangs in my opinion and I enjoy it much more than Goliath unless you're lucky enough to ride Goliath in the front. Flashback has totally won me over lately, I hope they keep it. I don't think these two minor incidents will play any role in determining the future of the ride though.

I would imagine that the amount of publicity this receives will likely play a big role in Flashback's future. Enthusiasts don't see this as a big deal, but if the local media takes this story and runs with it, the GP will get the idea that the ride must be unsafe because it broke down two weekends in a row.

I would imagine that the amount of publicity this receives will likely play a big role in Flashback's future. Enthusiasts don't see this as a big deal, but if the local media takes this story and runs with it, the GP will get the idea that the ride must be unsafe because it broke down two weekends in a row.

A quick Google news search revealed a grand total of zero news stories about this ride saddling. While the prevailing opinion on enthusiast message boards is that "the gp" might make this into a bigger deal than it actually is while enthusiasts understand that it's really not a big deal it seems like the exact opposite is true. I'm mostly finding that very few non enthusiasts care and have seen multiple posts and comments from enthusiasts about how this could lead to the ride being removed.

A quick Google news search revealed a grand total of zero news stories about this ride saddling. While the prevailing opinion on enthusiast message boards is that "the gp" might make this into a bigger deal than it actually is while enthusiasts understand that it's really not a big deal it seems like the exact opposite is true. I'm mostly finding that very few non enthusiasts care and have seen multiple posts and comments from enthusiasts about how this could lead to the ride being removed.

Literally ZERO news stories about this.

Bill this is old hat now, you should expect it.

I haven't been to sfeg but, I don't like the new intamin mega trains. On Ride of steel at darien lake the trains are perfect but at six flags new England it seems that the trains got hit with a bat, I mean there probably comfortable but the darn ugly

What do you think SFNE will do with Flashback? If it keeps valleying the GP wont ride it because its "Not Safe" Take out the coaster and put in some family rides, maybe close Tomahawk and put a Zamperla Giant Discovery?

I doubt SFNE would remove a coaster for a flat ride or a group of flat rides (even tho they should in Flashbacks case). I wish they would remove both FB and Goliath for a better coaster over the midway. Before Mind Eraser got new trains I wouldve said put an Intamin Blitz in Mind Erasers spot that interacts with terrain between DC and the South End. But Mind Eraser is fun now so I don't mind it.

I've always hated the term "GP" because not only are they generally more fun to hang out with at parks than the majority of coaster enthusiasts (there are exceptions of course) but it also gives enthusiasts a weird superiority complex that they totally don't deserve. The fact that enthusiasts are bashing the "GP" for freaking out over these Flashback valleys and calling for the ride's removal because it's now going to be perceived as unsafe while the "GP" doesn't care and enthusiasts are the only ones making these comments is hilarious.

I've always hated the term "GP" because not only are they generally more fun to hang out with at parks than the majority of coaster enthusiasts (there are exceptions of course) but it also gives enthusiasts a weird superiority complex that they totally don't deserve. The fact that enthusiasts are bashing the "GP" for freaking out over these Flashback valleys and calling for the ride's removal because it's now going to be perceived as unsafe while the "GP" doesn't care and enthusiasts are the only ones making these comments is hilarious.

I know my overuse of the Nina button couldn't possibly be as obnoxious as whiney enthusiasts and their use of the term "GP" but I'm trying.

Not necessarily - I use that term because it's easier than writing out "people who don't go to theme parks very often". I don't feel superior to them, but I know they tend to have a different mindset about theme parks and roller coasters than most of the people in this forum, as you saw in the video you posted of a guy freaking out over Flashback valleying a week or so ago.