TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Correct me if I'm mistaken, I thought green and purple were the signature colors of The Joker character.

They are, and IMO, because of that, they should be the colors to pop! With the black supports, like at Great Adventure, the purple and green stick out more, where as it just looks busy here.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, I thought green and purple were the signature colors of The Joker character.

They are, and IMO, because of that, they should be the colors to pop! With the black supports, like at Great Adventure, the purple and green stick out more, where as it just looks busy here.

So you're saying the purple and green won't stick out when they're the only colors used?

So you're saying the purple and green won't stick out when they're the only colors used?

I'm saying that it'll look too busy when that's all that's there. With the black, it had a natural look, with the Purple and Green popping out of there. I'm having a little difficulty trying to explain this haha.

I'm saying that it'll look too busy when that's all that's there. With the black, it had a natural look, with the Purple and Green popping out of there. I'm having a little difficulty trying to explain this haha.

I understand what you mean and completely agree

Considering the SFOT Joker has already begun testing, I'd say the SFNE version is a little behind.

What are the scheduled opening dates for each coaster? When does each park open for the year?

I know sfot, sfog, sfmm sfdk and sfstl are already open. Also sfft is open. I know that Six Flags America and six flags great America are opening this Saturday and april 14th. I know that the joker at sfot is suppose to open somewhere in between mid to late may probably being memorial day weekend but no confirmed date yet.

SFNE is aiming for Memorial Day weekend for Joker. The park opens April 8th and Galactic Attack VR / Mind Eraser with new trains is opening on opening day. The park posted yesterday that the Joker track work is complete.

IMG_0535.thumb.JPG.a74f304cd9df2889a9a180b38701c800.JPG

OMG OMG OMG

Six Flags New England Premieres HOLIDAY IN THE PARK®

AGAWAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Six Flags New England—the Coaster Capital of New England, today announced its season of thrills will be extended in 2017 with the addition of Six Flags Entertainment’s annual holiday festival - HOLIDAY IN THE PARK®. More than one million LED lights, beautiful Christmas trees, thrilling rides, enchanting shows and state-of-the-art decor will create the perfect magical atmosphere this holiday season.

Holiday in the Park® will be the largest holiday celebration in New England, delighting guests of all ages with sparkling lights, festive shows, tasty holiday treats, and photos with Santa. Park goers and their families will be transported to a magical winter wonderland featuring more than 50 rides, shows and attractions, roaming interactive holiday characters, storytelling with Mrs. Claus, warm and toasty fire-pits, synchronized lighting displays, a breathtaking nightly snowfall and other holiday experiences that can only be experienced at Six Flags New England.

“Holiday in the Park will be a wonderful must-see spectacle for families to enjoy. We are thrilled to offer our guests the opportunity to enjoy a summer of thrills including New England’s largest water park—Hurricane Harbor, our scariest Fright Fest ever and then complete the year with a trip to the North Pole,” said Six Flags New England Park President John Winkler. “The benefits of a 2017 season pass or membership to Six Flags New England just got better with the addition of Holiday in the Park.”

2017 will be the Coaster Capital of New England’s longest season ever featuring the all-new Galactic Attack Virtual Reality Coaster, THE JOKER 4D Free Fly Coaster and now the most magical holiday celebration in New England, Holiday in the Park®. Six Flags New England’s Holiday in the Park® will premiere on select dates throughout November and December of this year.

A Season Pass provides guests with unlimited visits for the entire 2017 season at Six Flags New England including Holiday in the Park®. To purchase, visit sixflags.com and save up to 55% with the purchase of four or more.

Link

There's more information here...

Some of the rides include:

Houdini – The Great Escape

Stampede Bumper Cars

Rock N Rodeo

Tomahawk

Krazy Kars

Krazy Kups

Wild Wheelz

Whirlybirdz

Ship’s Ahoy!

Animation Department

Daffy’s Hollywood Tours

The Great Chase

Wile E. Coyote Speed Trap

Taz Prop Delivery

Tweety’s Clubhouse

1909 Illions Grand Carousel

New England Express

Thunderbolt

Balloon Race

Scrambler

Buzzsaw

GOTHAM CITY™ Crime Wave

Kontiki

Mind Eraser

BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT™

THE JOKER™

Fireball

There's more information here...

Some of the rides include:

Houdini – The Great Escape

Stampede Bumper Cars

Rock N Rodeo

Tomahawk

Krazy Kars

Krazy Kups

Wild Wheelz

Whirlybirdz

Ship’s Ahoy!

Animation Department

Daffy’s Hollywood Tours

The Great Chase

Wile E. Coyote Speed Trap

Taz Prop Delivery

Tweety’s Clubhouse

1909 Illions Grand Carousel

New England Express

Thunderbolt

Balloon Race

Scrambler

Buzzsaw

GOTHAM CITY™ Crime Wave

Kontiki

Mind Eraser

BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT™

THE JOKER™

Fireball

Surprised to not see at least Wicked Cyclone on there. I knew we weren't going to get Superman so that's disappointing. Oh well shorter off-season.

I'm surprised not to see Flashback, Wicked Cyclone and Pandemonium I guess, but at the same time it's pretty damn amazing that you can now ride a B&M floorless, a 4D Free Fly, a classic wood coaster and a suspended dumpster fire in the winter in Massachusetts so I can't really complain.

... plus we get Buzzsaw, Tomohawk and Fireball so that's pretty awesome too.

OMG OMG OMG

Where is your map prediction you posted a couple months back about SFNE doing HITP I'm just curious how on the money you were, cause I know you were close.

Right here

I was right about the areas for the most part, though early indications are that Pandemonium, Flashback, Scream, Wicked Cyclone and NESS aren't included. That's most likely not a complete ride list though so you never know.

It's nice to see Batman. Six Flags as a whole seems really, really, really unimpressed with B&M's "recommended temperature limits".