TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

The opinion that the new colors are ugly is actually the unpopular opinion. There has been a lot of praise in the SFOT and SFGAm threads for the new colors.

I think the new colors look fantastic. I saw SFOT's Joker in person a couple of days ago and it looked great. It looks a lot less weird in person, I promise.

I feel like the green/purple track of GreatAdv's installation pops more with the neutral supports. Initially I liked these colored supports but now that all three of them have gone up it looks so busy, so loud, so... Six Flags.

Okay, so I'm on the "aesthetics are ugly af" side of the spectrum, but the main difference between this and Splashwater Falls is the fact that this will be a fantastic attraction instead of a waste of space that no one likes.

Don't be so sure of that.

Okay, so I'm on the "aesthetics are ugly af" side of the spectrum, but the main difference between this and Splashwater Falls is the fact that this will be a fantastic attraction instead of a waste of space that no one likes.

Agreed, I still miss the flume though.

I feel like the green/purple track of GreatAdv's installation pops more with the neutral supports. Initially I liked these colored supports but now that all three of them have gone up it looks so busy, so loud, so... Six Flags.

Agree 1000%. Too much purple and green, looks tacky AF. Knowing Six Flags, the remaining 23 Joker clones they install will have the same tacky color scheme.

I feel like Six flags was somehow inspired by Cross Colors from the 90's

b103c7b64c2f22d01820c9c917b69216.jpg

I feel the general consensus is that the busy look makes the ride abnoxious. I thought so too, based on photos. However, I sincerely promise you the ride does not look busy in person. The grey supports between each side pop out a lot more in person that they do in photos (in photos, they're almost impossible to see). This segmentation keeps the ride from looking so busy in real life, IMO.

Also, the park has stated that the upcoming announcement will be "good for the region" and that we'll be able to "experience it this season". My money is absolutely on Holiday in the Park.

Hopefully they can convince the Waffle de Lys folks to send an extra truck up that-a-way.

Seriously, if it ends up being HITP, I'll be very excited. I really love the feel of the park overall and can't wait to see what the Oak Island people can do to gussy it up for the sseason.