TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

There's an irrational glimmer of hope in the back of my mind that says this might be a Holiday in the Park announcement. The timeline is consistent with the other HITP announcements and it makes some sense, but I'm about 95% confident that this is a Mind Eraser announcement. We know it's listed as Platinum Only on the Flash Pass site so VR coming to Mind Eraser is a given, the only thing we can really hope for is that that's a separate announcement... I don't think that's likely though.

^At first I thought the green and purple supports would look good. They actually look tacky, wish they would've just kept the Gradv color scheme. Ah well

They don't look tacky I actually think these color of poles are great and really make the ride pop out unlike Batman the ride and the joker at sfgad.

Let's see if SFNE can make it a perfect 0 for 3 when it comes to putting new trains on their coasters to "improve the ride experience".

I mean can they really make Mind Eraser any worse.

This is a good move. Removes the headbanging and protects the headsets if the VR is added. With the vest restraints, I could actually ride Kentucky Kingdom's SLC three times in a row.

Let's see if SFNE can make it a perfect 0 for 3 when it comes to putting new trains on their coasters to "improve the ride experience".

This is a good move. Removes the headbanging and protects the headsets if the VR is added. With the vest restraints, I could actually ride Kentucky Kingdom's SLC three times in a row.

They aren't the same as the Kentucky Kingdom trains. Those are Kumbak, these are Vekoma.

They aren't the same as the Kentucky Kingdom trains. Those are Kumbak, these are Vekoma.

I don't necessarily mind who the vest restraints are from. Just adding vest restraints from anyone is an upgrade.

Are these new restraints on Mind Eraser the same vests as what's on The Great Nor'easter? Do we not have a better picture?

I love all of the updates that the park keeps putting out. Here's another.

[attachment=0]IMG_0461.JPG[/attachment]

Isn't this the exact same photo you posted two days ago?

So are these just new restraints or entirely new trains? (I'm sorry I'm only half listening.)

The vests on TGNE are very comfortable so that's a plus. The new trains they installed in 2008 were awesome for a while and I always defended TGNE as a good ride. However, as evidenced by my rides in 2014-16, it did not detract from the jerky, headache-inducing movements of the train eventually starting to track very poorly.

Admittedly I've never ridden SFNE's SLC - but while this might help in the short run, its likely only gonna be a temporary fix.

So are these just new restraints or entirely new trains? (I'm sorry I'm only half listening.)

The vests on TGNE are very comfortable so that's a plus. The new trains they installed in 2008 were awesome for a while and I always defended TGNE as a good ride. However, as evidenced by my rides in 2014-16, it did not detract from the jerky, headache-inducing movements of the train eventually starting to track very poorly.

Admittedly I've never ridden SFNE's SLC - but while this might help in the short run, its likely only gonna be a temporary fix.

Mind Eraser isn't too bad to begin with, so this will only improve it.