TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Hello all,

I am going to Six Flags New England tomorrow and am a little nervous about the crowds... I read in this thread that Saturday was light crowd wise. Do you think we can expect the same for tomorrow (holiday) or do you anticipate a very busy day ?

Also, will my Six Flags Great America parking pass (built into my season pass) work at SFNE? I am so looking forward to getting back on Wicked Cyclone, thanks in advance for the help.

Hello all,

I am going to Six Flags New England tomorrow and am a little nervous about the crowds... I read in this thread that Saturday was light crowd wise. Do you think we can expect the same for tomorrow (holiday) or do you anticipate a very busy day ?

Also, will my Six Flags Great America parking pass (built into my season pass) work at SFNE? I am so looking forward to getting back on Wicked Cyclone, thanks in advance for the help.

If your pass is a GOLD pass, parking is covered at all parks.

Hello all,

I was at the park today (well yesterday ...Sunday) and it was packed. Your parking pass will work but otherwise go Gold or Platinum Flash Pass but buy it on site if it is busy (I assume it will be). The season Flash Pass is 249 and will work for all of 2017 at all Siix Flags parks but you need to buy a 2017 season pass first to get it. My bf (disclosure gay couple haha) and I will be at the park from opening for a few hours if you want to meet up or say hi. It was packed on Sunday and the ops were terrible so get there early even if you opt for Flash Pass. Feel free to PM me. Hope you have a great day at the park!!!

I had my first visit to the park Sunday and my review is mixed. The park is nicer and bigger than people make it out to be. It's very generic but nice. I absolutely loved most employees but the ride ops were dreadful. If only the ops were better... the employees are friendly enough as is but WOW ops are so bad the rides can't be fulfilling much more than half their potential. I was underwhelmed by Superman after hearing great things but it's still a top notch older Intimin. WC exceeded my expectations. This park would be great if they stopped with all the policy nonsense, filled the trains, and stopped forcing riders into rows. I was basically attacked on Superman for taking a row I was told I was allowed to have then not moving to another row for no reason when the main op said I couldn't be there. I had to fight it until the other rows were filled. It was painful. The flash pass and season pass processing employees were wonderful though. They trump pretty much any employee in the Six Flags chain even though they were overwhelmed on a busy day with customers confused by 2017 sales offerings.

I may seem like I'm complaining but it's really a better park than expected.

Hello all,

I was at the park today (well yesterday ...Sunday) and it was packed. Your parking pass will work but otherwise go Gold or Platinum Flash Pass but buy it on site if it is busy (I assume it will be). The season Flash Pass is 249 and will work for all of 2017 at all Siix Flags parks but you need to buy a 2017 season pass first to get it. My bf (disclosure gay couple haha) and I will be at the park from opening for a few hours if you want to meet up or say hi. It was packed on Sunday and the ops were terrible so get there early even if you opt for Flash Pass. Feel free to PM me. Hope you have a great day at the park!!!

We were at the park yesterday too. We got there about 4 cause we did Lake Compounce first. Flash pass was a must, and I tried to buy the all season flash pass, but I hadn't processed my SFOG 2017 SP yet. Drat... But still paying the money for the gold pass straight was money well spent based on the crowds. Ride operations were terrible as the night progressed, in fact I think we waited 30 minutes for WC in the station alone around 915pm as they were taking like 10 minutes to dispatch a train. And had we known you were there SFOG1991, my bf and I would have introduced ourselves, as it seems we share the same home Six Flags. All in all it was great to get back to SFNE, operations aside.

Hello all,

We were at the park yesterday too. We got there about 4 cause we did Lake Compounce first. Flash pass was a must, and I tried to buy the all season flash pass, but I hadn't processed my SFOG 2017 SP yet. Drat... But still paying the money for the gold pass straight was money well spent based on the crowds. Ride operations were terrible as the night progressed, in fact I think we waited 30 minutes for WC in the station alone around 915pm as they were taking like 10 minutes to dispatch a train. And had we known you were there SFOG1991, my bf and I would have introduced ourselves, as it seems we share the same home Six Flags. All in all it was great to get back to SFNE, operations aside.

I've never been one to meet up with other enthusiasts randomly but you seem nice and I'm sure it would've been nice to meet you and your bf. We were at Wicked Cyclone at that time too. Do y'all have matching r ings? I noticed two guys with r ings just like ours lol and we prevented those guys from boarding due to our double ride wristband. Small world to have two local SFOG visitors at SFNE the same day. My bf and I agree ops were painfully awful but at least employees were surprisingly friendly.

We went to Lake Compounce today (Monday) actually and found Blouder Dash to be great but too rough to enjoy. We rode twice and had to give up. Wildcat was closed. Not the best visit but the park was nice and with retracking we would return without a doubt.

We would definitely be open to meeting up at SFOG (or Lake Winnie or Dollywood) sometime. We aren't weird annoying enthusiast types which is always my concern meeting other enthusiasts. Feel free to PM me if y'all want to say hi sometime. We wouldn't mind having nearby friends interested in coasters/parks.

Where does it state that season long flash pass is good for all parks? First I've heard that

It is not good at other parks.

I was told by multiple employees at SFNE that it was good at all parks. I didn't believe it so I requested the Flash Pass manager and they confirmed it was good at all Six Flags properties... I will not be happy if that isn't honored. They sold me on the fact that it was for all parks even after I mentioned the promotion said otherwise. Curious to see what happens but from my interactions with managers it is good at all parks. I never fully trust Six Flags though.

Hello all,

I've never been one to meet up with other enthusiasts randomly but you seem nice and I'm sure it would've been nice to meet you and your bf. We were at Wicked Cyclone at that time too. Do y'all have matching r ings? I noticed two guys with r ings just like ours lol and we prevented those guys from boarding due to our double ride wristband. Small world to have two local SFOG visitors at SFNE the same day. My bf and I agree ops were painfully awful but at least employees were surprisingly friendly.

We went to Lake Compounce today (Monday) actually and found Blouder Dash to be great but too rough to enjoy. We rode twice and had to give up. Wildcat was closed. Not the best visit but the park was nice and with retracking we would return without a doubt.

We would definitely be open to meeting up at SFOG (or Lake Winnie or Dollywood) sometime. We aren't weird annoying enthusiast types which is always my concern meeting other enthusiasts. Feel free to PM me if y'all want to say hi sometime. We wouldn't mind having nearby friends interested in coasters/parks.

Nope - that wasn't us. I am tall and was wearing my Dollywood shirt. My partner is dark-skinned, dark-dark haired, and we were with our friend who was wearing a Phillies cap. We will be at SFOG this Sunday, minus the friend, let me know if there is a chance you guys will be there. And anytime you go to Lake Winnie, also let me know - we live like 1 mile from the park. I don't think we are annoying enthusiast types, at least that's what we keep telling ourselves anyway LOL.

As far as the All Season Flash-Pass: Yes, it is not indicated anywhere on the Six Flags website that it is valid at all Six Flags parks, only for the park where you purchase it. However all Flash-Pass employees at SFNE were saying that it was good at all parks, one lady even checked with her supervisor to make sure. Our friend who was with us has an all season flash pass from Great Adventure. When he got his pass for the day the flash pass supervisor assisted the employee with his order. It appeared that on the system they could see that he had an all season flash pass at another park, so the charge came up as $90.00 for the gold. However on the computer they apparently hit the key on the screen that apparently said: "comp other park all season flash pass" which in turn changed the amount he owed on the cash register to $0. So either the SFNE flash pass employees did not know what they were doing (which unfortunately would not surprise me with Six Flags), or Six Flags is trying to downplay the fact that they are good at all parks so they don't oversell. It is completely worth the money if its good for the Six Flags parks you don't get to visit often. I ended up buying the all season flash pass through SFOG before the sale ended. Will be processing it this weekend. Hoping that the fact its good at all SF parks stands true!!

^I actually do remember seeing your shirt. We were behind you in line somewhere at some point and I pointed out your shirt haha.

Thanks for the insight on the All Season Flash Pass! I was very skeptical. We planned to just use our SFOG 2016 pass but ended up running from place to place in SFNE getting our 2017 passes done there so we could save $250 on buying two platinum Flash Passes just for the day. I hope our SFNE registered season pass will work at White Water but if not, oh well.

I don't think we will be heading to SFOG this coming weekend but feel free to PM me any time. We probably won't be in the park until Season Passholder Appreciation Night.

If it's Bring a Friend Free day then I would expect large crowds.

Nobody cares about Thunderbolt's anniversary/birthday/briss... whatever.

Then skip my trip report on tomorrow. It's not the biggest, it's not the fastest but it does hold one six flags record and it's a true wooden coaster. Some people care about that.

I love Thunderbolt to death, I always have. But my point is that it's not going to draw gate and the question you were responding to was about crowds.

Ok sorry. Now I understand your reply. I agree with you on that front but it's at least season pass ERT on it which might add a little traffic and with only weekends open now there's less time to grab your coaster fix before the madness of fright fest lines start.

If it's Bring a Friend Free day then I would expect large crowds.

Nobody cares about Thunderbolt's anniversary/birthday/briss... whatever.

How large? Can you give estimates?

Every time I have been to SFNE, the lines have always been about 10-30 minutes on each ride and about 1 hour max for Superman. I just want to know if it'll be less or more than that.

^^I don't know, it's been my experience that nobody goes to Six Flags ERT events. That's part of why I love them though, one of the best Six Flags ERT events we've ever been to was actually at SFNE on (believe it or not) Pandemonium. We always got cars to ourselves which put 2 people on one side and nobody on the other leading to a ridiculous amount of spinning on every ride.

^^I don't know, it's been my experience that nobody goes to Six Flags ERT events. That's part of why I love them though, one of the best Six Flags ERT events we've ever been to was actually at SFNE on (believe it or not) Pandemonium. We always got cars to ourselves which put 2 people on one side and nobody on the other leading to a ridiculous amount of spinning on every ride.

That's awesome because it always seems to have a line in normal operations.

This weekend SFNE is celebrating National Grand Parents Day by throwing a 75th Anniversary party for Thunderbolt. We went to the park today to check out the festivities. Here's a little history of this classic wooden coaster.

Thunderbolt opened in 1941, It was designed by Harry Baker and Harry Traver, and built by Joseph Drambour. Thunderbolt is the oldest roller coaster at Six Flags New England and also the oldest roller coaster in any Six Flags park. You might say but what about the Wild One at Six Flags America which was built in 1917? True but it was relocated from Paragon Park and has only been at Six Flags America since 1986.

Thunderbolt uses a single PTC train which has 4 cars, and an individual lap bar and seatbelt for each person. An attendant has to manually unlock each car's lap bars by stepping on and pushing down a release bar at the front of each car. Thunderbolt was dedicated as an ACE Coaster Landmark on August 2, 2008.

Much of the coaster is hidden behind buildings but here are several pics of Thunderbolt.

image.thumb.jpeg.b0032443a35bbf2e20be43c2cc202d35.jpeg

Every party needs a cake right? In honor of Thunderbolt the new Birthday Cake Funnel Cake is available this weekend. SFNE's awesome Jen McGrath brought us in to see one get made and to try it out. I definitely recommend it!!!!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Now that we've looked at the oldest coaster in the park let's take a look at what's happening with the newest addition.

Huge thanks to SFNE and Jen McGrath for an awesome day with helping us to capture this classic coaster.

image.thumb.jpeg.007ce9290a863cf6bd1a29b6805b0c58.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.49b17b67579d99b3a43f2fc401834f8a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6cb53b098bc13d81190cf65461b76e29.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9cd02c0b3ecd8fd2d17dd70f06e2b9fa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d4a04758b019041f90259480b35b2d8c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1b8270a615bbef20eb041c17c027a958.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bb7b68483e439455c7cfc5e2de9d122c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.678e8bbc83bc6f0970da204a6a870dcb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a35c0523bf94419d5762c4e3ffc06bd5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.54c2f2bb9e4553b619d987ec521a4baa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d110e387bf53b8b4038789d08f6f96dc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bbb157aaaa22dd1fc95c5f1afe6f825d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.395cfbe74060100b7965ae868064816a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6ba95bbf8320d5f46cfa22424466b121.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7db0951446818bf8a6222fc274e56086.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7e8ddbc64cf14dadde8e04c7ef13d7a0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.44ed67dcb97c9b623af05a491a4caa29.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e4808cd220bc6687488058447706c2f1.jpeg

Fence is now up around Splash Water Falls getting ready for it's removal.

image.thumb.jpeg.ecbd6b3a05b2c8e84cff6cf6581617d1.jpeg

Coming in 2017!