TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I'd definitely have to agree with the previously mentioned line of thought that an S&S Free Spin will be what is replacing Splashwater Falls. Looking at that footprint left by its removal, it would be the perfect size, and area, for one. Considering both SFoG and SFStL are rumored to be receiving one as well, it could be this year's BIG addition for the the Park Chain that just loves BIG additions!

I can see SFNE getting a S&S 4D coaster in splash water falls spot. I could also see them themeing it to Joker like they did in SFGAdv. If they wanted, they could paint the Mind Eraser and maybe call it Riddler's Revenge and have a full on Gotham area right there on that side of the park since it's next to Batman. The only rides that would be out of place would be Catwoman, Gotham City wild mouse coaster and Joker's wildcard which they could retheme later maybe and make a metropolis area over close to Superman when they add their JLBFM. It'd be nice to see Six Flags start to theme their parks better...SFNE just seems all over the place. However, I know I am talking about Six Flags so I'm not going to get my hopes up. Maybe this is what they have in mind at SFGAm too, Joker 4D besides Batman. Is Six Flags really this predictable?

I was just at the park yesterday.

A 4-D would make a whole bunch of sense for SFNE. Especially seeing that space is limited there and a 4-D has such a small footprint.

But let us remember, Six Flags and "makes sense" doesn't always walk hand in hand.

Went to the park Friday and had a great time! Just going to list some highlights and lows! I went to the park in 2011 so its been awhile!

Highs

1. Wicked Cyclone was AMAZING!!!! Night ride was even better!

2. Superman was still good! I rode it first as Bizarro, so was glad to ride it as the original theme. (only 20 min wait early in the morning)

3. Lines weren't bad but the park was crowded!

4. Thunderbolt was filling every seat!

5. Summer Shandy

6. Very nice guy at the bar by Macho Nacho

Lows

1. Waterpark was packed (I know it's not the parks fault) but they definitely need more slides (3 hours and rode only 3 things)

2. Empty seats galore on Wicked Cyclone and Superman, which could have made the line go much faster if filled.

3. VERY rude employee at Macho Nacho??

Overall I had an great time!

I probably have my hopes set far above the mark but I do wonder if there's any possibility that they'd surprise us and introduce some new type of ride instead of a Free Spin at any of the three parks rumored to get one (new to SF parks, not new in general).

That said, probably not because a free spin makes sense at pretty much every park and they don't seem like bad rides at all.

Or a few flats. It could always be a few flats.

Flats? This is Six Flags New England. They're allergic to flats.

Tell that to the most recent ride that was added to the park.

It's not a flat ride, it's "An all-new seven story soaring and inverting coaster!" that's "unlike anything you have ever experienced".

How dare you.