TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Was at the park today and rode Wicked Cyclone 10 times as it was walk on for pretty much the entire day. The vibrations from last year are non existent now and the ride's loud roar is also gone. It's running faster than last year, but the orange train is definitely slower than the blue.

I feel like nothing shows Six Flag's incompetence better than the way they've lessened the experience and butchered operations on the possible #1 coaster in the world over the last 8 years. They could have done nothing this entire time and had a better customer experience.

this must be a typo - that may be #1 in the park (not my #1 btw) but in the world? no

I feel like nothing shows Six Flag's incompetence better than the way they've lessened the experience and butchered operations on the possible #1 coaster in the world over the last 8 years. They could have done nothing this entire time and had a better customer experience.

this must be a typo - that may be #1 in the park (not my #1 btw) but in the world? no

For a handful of years, back before it was Bizarro, Superman: Ride of Steel (as it was called then) was considered by many to be the #1 coaster in the world, or at least in the conversation. That was also before the death on it resulted in the change in restraints, which lessened the amount of air-time (presumably) one would get on the ride. Sadly, I haven't ridden it to be able to rank it myself, but I certainly hope to do so someday before long (but long enough away that VR isn't on it anymore.)

Back in the SROS days the ride was hands down the best coaster in the world according to most people. I didn't get my first ride on it as SROS until 2008 when I was 9 so I wouldn't be able to compare it to now even though I rode it 10-11 times that year. Then came the Bizarro transformation and that made the ride seem lesser than it really was. The audio headrests new restraints and new trains made the experience worse. And in changing it back to Superman the Ride they didn't fix any of this. They just replaced the audio headrests with new headrests. A lot of the reason the ride isn't perceived as it used to be is because Six Flags has constantly screwed with it since the SROS days. If they just left it alone like they should of with TLC here or there it would probably still be that top tier coaster it once was. I think it still is top tier IMO, hell I liked it more than Fury.

Especially the red one. I don't really notice a rattle on the blue train its only a slight rattle there. The red constantly rattles from the 1st drop to the final turn. It's almost constant.

Im really intrested in the water coaster and possible the drop capsule slides as far as the water park goes. Im just trying to get a good bit in in a half day.

Typhoon almost always has an hour wait or so if the water park is even somewhat crowded. I had to skip it yesterday. I rode Bonzai Pipeline yesterday and it was about a 15-20 minute wait around 5 pm. The initial drop was quite the thrill, but the transitions between turns was a little uncomfortable (you could really feel where the slide pieces came together).

So if I get to the park, head straight to super man and, well, any other rides I should hit up first before it gets a huge line? I was thinking if I get to the water park at opening I should be ok to get a few slides (typhoon and bonzai) in no time? Im coming on thursday.

It's always good to go to Goliath as soon as possible. Ask if you can wait for the front. Sometimes they let you and it's a lot of fun. If they say no, prepare for a beating.

But yeah, go to Superman first. Then go there.

It's always good to go to Goliath as soon as possible. Ask if you can wait for the front. Sometimes they let you and it's a lot of fun. If they say no, prepare for a beating.

I was lucky enough to go about a month ago on a Wednesday and everything was just about a walk on. A friend and I went on Goliath and we were literally the only two people on the ride. So we sat front row and man it was a hell of a lot better than the back. We sat second to last row on it earlier in the day. I hear a lot of negativity about that ride, but I have to say that front row ride was damn exhilarating. Going up that second tower being in the front, I didn't think we were ever gonna stop.

But yeah, go to Superman first. Then go there.

Me and my friend just let people go in front of us. OP said nothing and we got the front on the next train.

I went to the park last thursday. Had a great time, spent more time in the water park than I expected. Figured I'd save my last ride for wicked cyclone. get in line, which is just down to the stairs . . . ride closes for storms 5 miles away lol.

This park is just a laughing matter this season. I won't be back for a while until things or management are shaken up. It's really a shame because Superman is one of my favorite coasters, and Wicked Cyclone is the closest RMC to me.

Between the VR, assigned seats, and Goliath problems, everything this year is a mess. I know that my petty little boycott doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but I feel that most people agree with me. I cannot see myself spending time and money on a possible trip here if I will not enjoy the visit with all of these little annoyances.

Well, I'm glad I got my ride on Goliath. I rode in the front row and it still sucked a lot. I didn't particularly like it when it was at SFMM either. It's a sucky ride with sucky reliability.

SFNE should just scrap both their Boomerangs and replace them with an awesome Premier launch coaster, honestly.

I'm of the firm belief that over the next 10 years SF should replace every single one of their standard Boomerangs with Mr Freeze clones.

I've got to be honest. I have no issue with Flashback. It runs really smoothly and it's a fun ride. Goliath in every row but row 1 is garbage. I'll take Flashback any day.

I'm of the firm belief that over the next 10 years SF should replace every single one of their standard Boomerangs with Mr Freeze clones.

I've got to be honest. I have no issue with Flashback. It runs really smoothly and it's a fun ride. Goliath in every row but row 1 is garbage. I'll take Flashback any day.

I'm not the biggest hater of Boomerangs either, as most of the time they're fine in terms of being smooth and not painful. What I really don't like is just that they're not that fun. I'd say that SF should replace all of their Boomerangs (including the GIBs) with Mr Freeze clones (even though it'll never happen) but in the case of SFNE, well, they sort of have two lol

Maybe I rode in a bad seat, but Flashback was just as terrible as Goliath in my opinion. The Boomerang at Knott's is better since it got the chassis replacement, and the one at Hershey is just as rough, but at least the vest restraints make it tolerable.

One of the Boomerangs, whether Flashback or Goliath, are bound to go at some point I think.