TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

For those of you familiar with the BizarreMan hypercoaster, I have a question: how good is the air?

I hit SFNE on a cold day and was not at all impressed, which was extremely disappointing for a coaster that I thought might take my top spot. I don't live close enough for a trip to SFNE to be trivial, but I can plan a ride up there and back in a day without needing anywhere to stay overnight, so it's somewhere that I'd consider visiting again later this year if Superman feels like an Intamin.

Don't go this year because they have VR on it, but if you go when that's over lines will be reasonable and you can choose your seat. My advice is to ride in row 1. I think your opinion of the ride will improve.

It doesn't run like it did with it's original trains and is slightly overrated at this point but it's a great ride. It has solid airtime... a step below rides like El Toro and Phoenix but still very good.

I rode it opening day this year, and the airtime didn't seem to be as great as it was last year, but that could have been due to a number of factors... cold weather, wheels not worn in yet, whatever. Hopefully by this point of the year it's improved.

With that being said, it's still the second best airtime in the park. With Wicked Cyclone, it feels like you're out of your seat more than you're actually in it. That alone is reason enough to go back IMO.

At the park now, tons of kids here was hoping it would be light crowds open til 6 on on Monday before school got out. Superman is closed for "preparations" for vr. Woman out front gave standard Idk if it will open today answer. Thought I'd get on atleast once today before the vr started this weekend, oh well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

For those of you familiar with the BizarreMan hypercoaster, I have a question: how good is the air?

I hit SFNE on a cold day and was not at all impressed, which was extremely disappointing for a coaster that I thought might take my top spot. I don't live close enough for a trip to SFNE to be trivial, but I can plan a ride up there and back in a day without needing anywhere to stay overnight, so it's somewhere that I'd consider visiting again later this year if Superman feels like an Intamin.

It can be temperamental at times it usually hauls ass during the summer and into fright fest. The airtime is about the best you'll find on a steel coaster apart from maybe RMC hybrids and maybe Skyrush

At the park now, tons of kids here was hoping it would be light crowds open til 6 on on Monday before school got out. Superman is closed for "preparations" for vr. Woman out front gave standard Idk if it will open today answer. Thought I'd get on atleast once today before the vr started this weekend, oh well.

Since the closure was obviously planned in advance and it's arguably their best ride it would have been nice if they had announced it on their website like any other park in any other chain would have. Oh well...

Since the closure was obviously planned in advance and it's arguably their best ride it would have been nice if they had announced it on their website like any other park in any other chain would have. Oh well...

I was considering making a mini New England coaster trip just to ride this before the VR and I am really glad I didn't. That would've been the biggest disappointment...

We're going to be up there the middle of next week. Superman should be up and running regularly (albeit with VR) by then, right?

It won't be "running" very often but yes. The lift chain will be moving and there will be people sitting in the train in the station if that's what you mean. As far as trains actually leaving the station that's yet to be seen.

Superman ended up opening, not exactly sure when but I got in line about 330 and got on around 4. Other than field trips which started to clear out after 3 most rides were cycle waits or walk ons other the Superman and WC. Ended up riding WC, Pandemonium, Goliath (painful mistake), Tomahawk, Thunderbolt, Scream (only running original tower), Superman and Fireball (actually liked, fun flat) all in about 2.5 hrs.

Hopefully Superman will be up and running smoothly by the time I visit (in about two weeks). Question: do you get to choose your seat with Flash Pass? It's already nice enough being able to skip the atrocious line due to VR, but choosing my seat would be icing on the cake.

Hopefully Superman will be up and running smoothly by the time I visit (in about two weeks). Question: do you get to choose your seat with Flash Pass? It's already nice enough being able to skip the atrocious line due to VR, but choosing my seat would be icing on the cake.

The station is tight with the VR set up, can fit a 3 train wait per row with pretty much no room to move from front to back. Also at least today the employee letting people into the station acted the norm of the past and just let people in the station as space allowed. No grouping or policing the lines for specific rows as there was more people waiting for the front and back clogging the limited space in the station. Can't say how it will be in a couple weeks however.

I believe they were shooting footage for a commercial earlier today which is probably why it was closed. Yes it would be nice for the park to communicate ride closures more.

I was able to choose seats when I went on the first day of the new station arrangement. The employees were trying to fill rows up and I felt like they were trying to make people not wait for the front. Once VR starts, they may assign seats but who knows. I think the station setup is just to make room for the headset areas not necessarily assigned seating.

Have a planned trip to head there tomorrow. Hopefully Superman is up and running all day. Would be a bummer if I can't get one last go round before the nightmare of VR hits. Is anybody out at the park today with knowledge if its up and running?

Are the VR headsets Six Flags uses waterproof? I was wondering the potential impact on a rainy day.

I don't know, but people sure will get wet with that new water pistol gun effect

I mean it was an interesting use of the fire pipe but no one saw it except me on the ride

Great day at the park today. Plenty of school groups but other than that the park was dead. Everything was a walk on or barely a 5 minute wait besides superman. Our first go on superman was probably a 20 minute wait. We tried to hit up superman right before we left and it was a walk on and they were doing technical rehearsals for the VR. The catch was you had to buy a t shirt to try it out. Figured I might as well since I wanted to try the VR but have no desire to see how nightmarish the lines will be once it's in full swing. My two cents in the VR: it was definitely pretty cool. Video was superman saving you from some villian and guiding your train to safety as he beats up on the villian. Flow with the ride was pretty good. Didn't seem awkward at all. But I can already see all the problems. It took the girl like two minutes to fit it on my head when I got in the station. When I sat in the coaster and put the goggles all the way on and saw the image I saw a building in front of me and looked around and saw some city streets. After about a minute I noticed what I was seeing to the left was probably supposed to be straight ahead. So I had an ops person come over and they had to put a completely headset on me. All in all its a cool gimmick but it's gonna wreck wait times as expected.

So, how's the wait for VR Experience?

Well, I can't speak on it for sure because it is not rolling out to the public until tomorrow I believe. When I was able to get on it there was only a couple people on each ride actually doing the VR. For me it took probably two minutes for the girl to initial get the thing on my head ( they tighten all the straps for you) and then once I sat down they had to put a new one on me because it wasn't calibrated right. So multiplying that by a lot more people getting set up with them and countless issues of calibration I don't think its gonna be too smooth. Not right away at least.