TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I was against VR on coasters for reasons like this. VR is supposed to be for older or rougher coasters that maybe need more ridership or to get its popularity back. Superman doesn't need this at all, and now it too is ruined by assigned seating.

I just want to know what the park thinks that it's getting out of this. They're not boosting capacity in any way by doing it, and it's just an inconvenience and hassle for everyone else. Most people prefer to sit in a certain place even if it isn't just the front or back seats.

I just want to know what the park thinks that it's getting out of this. They're not boosting capacity in any way by doing it, and it's just an inconvenience and hassle for everyone else

What you just said should be the park's official slogan.

This whole situation makes me depressed... I mean the only good thing I can think came out of this transformation was the trains and track repaint. I think it's so sad that Six Flags is only in it for profit, so they will try gimmicks all while making budget cuts, making it worse. Bizarro may not have been the favorite character, but at least the music added so much more to the experience.

Oops. I was planning on maybe making a trip over there, but now I'll be driving past it.

Boulder Dash is no Superman, but the ride-ops at least give a poo-poo.

I actually like Boulder Dash a little bit more. And Lake Compounce is a really great park. Honestly, I in my opinion, Palace Entertainment with LC and Kennywood alone wrecks the whole Six Flags chain.

Yeah, it's sucks, but really people. A lot of people are overreacting. And all the reports I'm hearing are saying that they are not assigning today. It sucks, but you still get to ride one of the worlds best coasters.

When I was there on Friday they were kind of assigning seats on Superman. basically, they let you choose you're seat but they only allowed 4 people to wait for a row if there was 4 in a row then you had to find another. Also, riding in the front i did notice some small pops of air that weren't there last year (mainly in the twister section).

Yeah, it's sucks, but really people. A lot of people are overreacting. And all the reports I'm hearing are saying that they are not assigning today. It sucks, but you still get to ride one of the worlds best coasters.

I agree. People are really overreacting. Yes, its disappointing you cant choose your seat, but it in no way ruins the ride or the park like several people have said. Get a grip folks.

Do we have anyone interested in going to the Superman Media Day on June 9th for TPR?

Please email robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with the following info:

Full Name

Contact info (Email & Phone number)

Links to your social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc)

What kind of camera or mobile device you have

Your age

I need to find someone ASAP for this. Thank you!

I used to love Goliath, but the last time I rode it was in its first season with the new trains and it may have been the worst riding experience I've ever had. Does anyone know if it's gotten any better since then?

I used to love Goliath, but the last time I rode it was in its first season with the new trains and it may have been the worst riding experience I've ever had. Does anyone know if it's gotten any better since then?

I never was on it prior this year but it was my least favorite ride when I went last month. I don't know if it was the restraints that were too tight or what but the edge of the seat dug into the back of my legs behind my knees and left some nice bruises. I've never had that issue on a ride anywhere before.

I never was on it prior this year but it was my least favorite ride when I went last month. I don't know if it was the restraints that were too tight or what but the edge of the seat dug into the back of my legs behind my knees and left some nice bruises. I've never had that issue on a ride anywhere before.

I've also experienced that, and I've ridden it once...

Also, I'm starting a SFNE recreation in NL2, and this is the beginning of GCG: ECAA!

I didn't make the coaster itself, but I did have to do the colors and I started making the queue!

I rode Goliath one month ago and find the opposite. It was an terrible ride in the first row, very hurtful specialy in the cobra roll, but it was acceptable in the last row.

Overall I was really disappointed cause this ride had a huge potential. (The first lift/drop, first row, is still the most scary coaster experience Ive ever had. Terrifying.

I find every seat to be terrible on that ride. Easily the worst coaster I have been on. It is a shame, because it was my second favorite ride there at one point.

The front row is slightly tolerable going forwards but going backwards and every other row is awful and is full of jack hammering. I can't believe they actually have people ride it every day.

Yeah that ride went from the best in the park to the second worst when they added that new train. I find row 1 tolerable but there's no guaranteed choice of seat so we don't bother any more. Flashback is the better Boomerang and that's just sad.

Well, what can you expect from a Vekoma except pain and agony.

It was exceptional when it was all Vekoma. Premier built the train that ruined the ride.

The ride was outstanding with the original trains, definitely one of the best rides I had ever ridden. I have no idea why the park chose Premier over Vekoma for the new trains or why the new trains were needed at all, but then again it's SFNE and they love to worsen the guest experience even more every year. Not all Vekomas are bad rides, for example Zoomerang at Lake Compounce is one of the best boomerangs out there since there's little to no headbanging or discomfort.