TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

How do you attend media day? Do you get invited, ask, or what? And what time do they hold these kind of things at? I've never understood how it all works, but I'd love to attend one some coming year!

I realize I can't go this time, but it's worth asking anyway

How do you attend media day? Usually by car

Do you get invited, ask, or what? Magic

And what time do they hold these kind of things at? Sometime between 12:01am to 12:00am

Pretty accurate. It makes sense, though

The media event for Fireball is May 19th and we need someone to cover it for us. If you're interested in attending, please email me at robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with the following information:

Full Name

Contact info (Email & Phone number)

Links to your social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc)

What kind of camera or mobile device you have

Your age

I need to find someone ASAP for this. Thank you!

Sorry for the double post!!

Great day at the park, ride ops were working quite fast (shocker) and we hit every coaster once other than wicked cyclone and superman which we did twice each. Then headed to Lake Compounce.

We did grab a bit at Eat which was about ten min away. Amazing food and staff. Highly recommended!!!

I appreciate what the park tried to do with Bizarro, but temporary overlays and rethemes just aren't the way to keep coasters like this fresh. If they are good, they can stand on their own for decades without significant changes. I'm glad to see them going back to the Superman theme with this one.

Looks like SFNE is on track to get that golden ticket back! (not)

They were making people fill in seats and kept saying no waiting for the front. Completely insane. Also Cyclone was loud and ran like crap like the second half of last year.

^This is why I have such a love/hate relationship with this park. They have two masterpieces, Superman and Wicked Cyclone, a good amount of decent fun coasters like Goliath (It's rough, but that makes it so chaotic), The Dark Knight, Thunderbolt (Pretty underrated family ride), and Pandemonium. That on top of a decent thrill ride lineup should make this a great half-day park. But the operations are just so terrible! Superman was the last ride in the park where you could choose a seat, but they somehow found a way to mess that up, too. And the operators are so stupid and slow, especially the Thunderbolt crew. The park really has SO MUCH potential, but they just don't use it!

That picture is the #1 reason of many why I decided not to get a season pass this year for the first time in 15 years. That station was fine the way it was since 2000, why change it? Two of the best steel coasters in the world are within an hour of me yet the poor management and choices of the park have made me hate going there so much that it's not even worth sucking it up to ride them anymore.

I'm looking forward to visiting 6 different parks in PA this summer as well as hopefully getting back to Lake Compounce, but other than maybe a trip during frightfest, I'm done putting up with their crap.