TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

We were there on Monday and Tuesday.

Monday didn't start out too bad, but by the afternoon it was pretty busy. The food lines were the WORST, especially waiting out in the sun. We skipped Batman, Pandemonium, and Catwoman because the lines looked way too long and not worth the credit. We only rode Flashback and Mind Eraser because the lines were short at the time and my friend liked both those rides at SFDK. However, Mind Eraser was MUCH worse than our SLC (Kong). I actually occasionally have good rides on Kong, but even in the front, I couldn't wait for Mind Eraser to be over. One and done.

I really enjoyed Goliath and thought the current trains were much better than the ones they used to have when it was Deja Vu the last time I rode it.

I had been on Superman in 2009 and was a little underwhelmed by it. I thought maybe I just didn't get a good ride and gave it two more chances (in the back) on Monday. While it is a great ride and much more exciting than B&M hypers, I still would not rank it "best in the world" or even in my top 5.

Wicked Cyclone..... OMG, what can I even say? It completely blew me away!! I knew it was going to be great but I had no idea it was THAT great. It's my third RMC (Goliath and Twisted Colossus the other two) and DEFINITELY the best of the three! We got really lucky and our first three rides ended up being two in the back and one in the front, the back by far my favorite. The airtime on this ride is amazing with a few OMFG moments as well as the smooth, flawless inversions I have come to love from RMC. We rode it 6 times on Monday and then returned on Tuesday for 10 more rides, the first 9 of those with no more than a one or two train wait.

My only disappointment with it is that the orange train wasn't triggering the camera at the right time, and 12 of my 16 total rides were on that train. Despite having a photo pass, I didn't get photos from any of those rides. One of our 4 times on the blue train the camera wasn't triggered, so out of 16 rides, we were only able to get three on-ride photos (which I will post when I do a full TR of my trip).

Wait did I understand correctly? You spent 2 days at SFNE and skipped Batman? Lol what's wrong with you?

I mean it's not a world beating ride but it's easily the third best ride in the park and it has the best zero G roll of any coaster in the world (that doesn't start with a K and end with an "umba" of course.

I actually liked mind eraser, it didn't feel rough at all to me from the front row.

I think pandemonium is great too but the wait for it just didn't justify it for me. I would only go if the lines are short from now on.

Wicked cyclone had the same issues with the photos over the weekend too. I'm just glad I was able to get some pictures from it.

Batman definitely gave a rough ride on opening day for me, it is usually very smooth. Usually the last corkscrew is the only slightly rough part but there were multiple parts that were not B&M like.

We were there on Monday and Tuesday.

Monday didn't start out too bad, but by the afternoon it was pretty busy. The food lines were the WORST, especially waiting out in the sun. We skipped Batman, Pandemonium, and Catwoman because the lines looked way too long and not worth the credit. We only rode Flashback and Mind Eraser because the lines were short at the time and my friend liked both those rides at SFDK. However, Mind Eraser was MUCH worse than our SLC (Kong). I actually occasionally have good rides on Kong, but even in the front, I couldn't wait for Mind Eraser to be over. One and done.

I really enjoyed Goliath and thought the current trains were much better than the ones they used to have when it was Deja Vu the last time I rode it.

I had been on Superman in 2009 and was a little underwhelmed by it. I thought maybe I just didn't get a good ride and gave it two more chances (in the back) on Monday. While it is a great ride and much more exciting than B&M hypers, I still would not rank it "best in the world" or even in my top 5.

Wicked Cyclone..... OMG, what can I even say? It completely blew me away!! I knew it was going to be great but I had no idea it was THAT great. It's my third RMC (Goliath and Twisted Colossus the other two) and DEFINITELY the best of the three! We got really lucky and our first three rides ended up being two in the back and one in the front, the back by far my favorite. The airtime on this ride is amazing with a few OMFG moments as well as the smooth, flawless inversions I have come to love from RMC. We rode it 6 times on Monday and then returned on Tuesday for 10 more rides, the first 9 of those with no more than a one or two train wait.

My only disappointment with it is that the orange train wasn't triggering the camera at the right time, and 12 of my 16 total rides were on that train. Despite having a photo pass, I didn't get photos from any of those rides. One of our 4 times on the blue train the camera wasn't triggered, so out of 16 rides, we were only able to get three on-ride photos (which I will post when I do a full TR of my trip).

It is the other way around with the Goliath train for most people, but glad you enjoyed it. I saw that the camera on Cyclone was going off when the train was coming out of the first roll occasionally so there is probably a problem with the sensor.

I was at the park yesterday and had a pretty good time until the afternoon hit. It was absolutely packed and when it came time for some food...boy was it horrible. My visit last year was nearly perfect but this time around the operations were a bit rough but what can you expect early in the season.

Ride Count

Wicked Cyclone 3x

Superman 1x

Batman 1x

SkyScreamer 1x

Thunderbolt 1x

Gotham City 2x

Houdini 1x

Blizzard Falls 1x

Lines were pretty long in the afternoon but Wicked Cyclone never seemed to get above a 30min wait or so. Let me tell you if you didn't already know, that ride kicks every type of a$$ out there. It was running amazing with zero squeaking. RMC really destroyed it on this one, every element is awesome from start to finish. They were very good with loading unloading and I was surprised to see they really tried to staple in the larger guests and get the green light for them to ride. I saw 2 instances where the person was larger and they had to really push down for it to lock and give the go ahead. Much better than just giving up and giving someone the walk of shame. Superman seemed the same as Bizzaro and the typical horrible loading/unloading. I just don't get it with this ride, it has a longer lift, pretty decent ride time from the drop, yet they still stack for 2mins after the train finishes. I can't imagine what VR is going to do so I am blessed to have ridden it before they add that in. Around the park they did a nice landscaping job for the Spring, and the new Larson Looper fits really nice into its location. Of course Goliath was closed down again just like my last visit so I miss that credit again. To address the current Batman debate I had a very smooth ride in the back row, only rough part was the last corkscrew to me. Anyways I tried to take just a few artsy pictures since it was a perfect day so here you go.

image.thumb.jpeg.5da15db9f35bdfc9f3a7f9fe519710d4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.96660b057455ec8220a4a5462972465e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2ea5a7ee41d6a8e03a5d9ded01ab51ba.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.76ebb53706d2765c0a64299a93601b45.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.990e025c9b5fc8360a0af022e70055e5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2fae000fb5d80edbbbde2d411239eba3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a50a8d4ff2c98412835018fb24f2fc59.jpeg

Wait did I understand correctly? You spent 2 days at SFNE and skipped Batman? Lol what's wrong with you?

I mean it's not a world beating ride but it's easily the third best ride in the park and it has the best zero G roll of any coaster in the world (that doesn't start with a K and end with an "umba" of course.

Sorry, I said the wrong one. We rode Batman, we didn't ride Gotham City Mouthful Name Wild Mouse.

Batman floorless coaster wasn't particularly rough or smooth to me and wasn't so amazing that I wanted to ride it again. I'm a little spoiled by that K-ride you mention because I got to ride it all summer.

Well Ty I didn't see you there (I was wearing a green Wachusett Mtn sweatshirt, and with two other people), but I happened to be taking pictures also, and I got things to say about my trip! I'll post my report later today, and I unfortunately got some things to say about Superman... but pictures of Fireball! Stay tuned

Edit- couldn't get it up today, so they should be up tomorrow or later than that

Edited by PixelRush

Houdini 1x

I was suprised at how many elements this one doesn't have compared to the great adventure one. It was missing so many things that make the ride great to begin with. I'm not sure which one was made first. The audio was also way to low.

I thought the concept was awesome actually. But it felt more of a cheesy carnival ride than in a Six Flags park. If they made some upgrades to the audio and the whole story part of it I think this would be a must do ride.

Houdini 1x

I was suprised at how many elements this one doesn't have compared to the great adventure one. It was missing so many things that make the ride great to begin with. I'm not sure which one was made first. The audio was also way to low.

I thought the concept was awesome actually. But it felt more of a cheesy carnival ride than in a Six Flags park. If they made some upgrades to the audio and the whole story part of it I think this would be a must do ride.

Have you been on the one at great adventure? That one has so many more elements then new England. That's why I'm curious if they added things to the great adventure one. I need to look into the history of it a bit more cause I love the great adventure one.

If anything, with all of these TR's coming in, I am glad to see that Superman is in red and blue again. The red track pops so well against a blue sky, it is ridiculous. As for the actual ride experience, from what everyone is saying, in my heart of hearts, I knew they would mess it up somehow, and I am not thrilled about the VR addition either. I am excited to go back and ride Wicked Cyclone though

IDK if any of you guys noticed, but the airtime is really bad compared to last year. Like on the hill after the drop usually you would get airtime before you hit the top and you'd be pulled back down, but I felt it was you get to the top and pop just a bit and kind of fall down quickly and ride the bottom of the hill. It was similar on the others, and I felt serious vibration on/after the overbank (on the S-turn).

My theory is because the center of gravity has been put back into its intended position, then you don't float as much as when the speakers added upward force and a higher center of gravity. Also, the intensity isn't really there because there's no music...

IDK if any of you guys noticed, but the airtime is really bad compared to last year. Like on the hill after the drop usually you would get airtime before you hit the top and you'd be pulled back down, but I felt it was you get to the top and pop just a bit and kind of fall down quickly and ride the bottom of the hill. It was similar on the others, and I felt serious vibration on/after the overbank (on the S-turn).

My theory is because the center of gravity has been put back into its intended position, then you don't float as much as when the speakers added upward force and a higher center of gravity. Also, the intensity isn't really there because there's no music...

I actually disagree completely! I think it depends on where you are seated on the train. I was at the park on Saturday, with all my rides towards the back, and the airtime was as good as always. As for the vibrations, they have been there forever, and are a lot better than they were at the end of last year. I think once the summer weather hits, it will be running great again.