TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

In other news, Wicked Cyclone seems to be over its vibration issues! I've ridden it in both the blue and orange trains and they were absolutely hauling through the course and it was glass smooth. I think the ride may be even faster than it was at the start of last season since I got ejector air on the final few hills. I think it has taken back the spot as my favorite coaster.

I can also say that Wicked Cyclone was completely hauling today, it was quiet, and was glass smooth. If you have only been on it when it was in rattling butt massage mode, you better get out to the park asap before SFNE decides to mess it up again. (hopefully they don't) I was getting ejector airtime on the last hills, it was amazing.

I said "There's not... It's . . . Six Flags." Then explained everything that has happened from this coaster being Superman, then not Superman and losing seats, then back to Superman and not gaining the previously existing but lost seats...

But did those trains actually lose seats though? I thought they received new trains back in 2009 that didn't have seats there, as that was where the audio box was?

Here are some pics of Fireball, I love how it looks and it's cool that they made the loading platform ground level.

image.thumb.jpg.9a8f08a8e6f7214b4a9c74128562872f.jpg

And here is one of Rockin Rodeo. It was pretty tame and had very small seats but it had some decent forces. It doesn't tilt though which I feel like It would be better if it did.

image.thumb.jpg.16510592bce9d48c7feed1895f28fd0f.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.429afa555eb3b4315a92d7bec8b70b21.jpg

I'm excited to spend the weekend here for my first visit to the park. I'm hoping the lines aren't too bad but with 2 days there should easily be able to get multiple rides on everything. Really looking forward to getting on wicked cyclone and superman

I'm excited to spend the weekend here for my first visit to the park. I'm hoping the lines aren't too bad but with 2 days there should easily be able to get multiple rides on everything. Really looking forward to getting on wicked cyclone and superman

Definitely try to do things as early and quickly as possible. The operations are bad. But last summer I went on a rainy afternoon where crowds were light, and I was able to do all the major rides and more in about 3 hours. I don't think the park is really worth 2 days. The other parks in the area aren't open yet, but there are a few mountain/alpine coasters in the area, and those things are awesome! So if you do everything at SFNE and you have some time left over, I would suggest checking out those, too.

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?na=&nm=na&pl=9766&cs=279&ot=2

Definitely try to do things as early and quickly as possible. The operations are bad. But last summer I went on a rainy afternoon where crowds were light, and I was able to do all the major rides and more in about 3 hours. I don't think the park is really worth 2 days. The other parks in the area aren't open yet, but there are a few mountain/alpine coasters in the area, and those things are awesome! So if you do everything at SFNE and you have some time left over, I would suggest checking out those, too.

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?na=&nm=na&pl=9766&cs=279&ot=2

Thanks I'll have to check those out and see how far they are. Main reason I'm doing two days is cause of the gold pass plus I'd like to go on some of the rides multiple times without having to drive back up here another day.

Drive wasn't too bad though, took about 3 hours cause there was some construction in some spots. I'm in line and waiting for it to open already. Wicked cyclone looks like so much fun.

Lol well I picked wrong already, I wanted to get on wicked cyclone first and of course it's having issues and isn't open yet, I'll be getting on the first train if they actually open it soon. I don't think it's worth getting out of line to come back later at this point.

Went to the park yesterday and had a great time! Not too many noteworthy things but here are a few things that come to mind.

- Superman / Bizarro is exactly the same ride experience obviously. A few theming elements here and there but nothing that really matters. The trains are still crap but the ride is still great!

- Rockin Rodeo is more fun than it looks and they really did make it fit the theme nicely. It's still not something we'll ride very much though.

- Tomahawk was running the best cycle I've ever seen it run. Normally it spins at low speed for most of the ride, then reverses and briefly spins faster the other direction.Yesterday it's doing the opposite, spinning at high speed for almost the whole ride.

- Fireball really fits into that area nicely. They did a great job with the theming. I'm impressed.

- Wicked Cyclone, Thunderbolt and Batman are amazing

Ride Count:

Superman - 1x

Wicked Cyclone - 2x

Batman 2 x

Tomahawk 1x

Rockin Rodeo 1x

Splashwater Falls 1x... still a stupid ride

Buzzsaw 1x

Thunderbolt 1x

Flashback 1x

A few random shots...

IMG_1742.thumb.JPG.e1f3630f65877909130cbc370005e9fa.JPG

It's a bird, it's Superman Ride of Steel, it's Bizarro, No... it's Superman the Ride (I think). right? Yeah... Superman the Ride!

IMG_1743.thumb.JPG.5903299ce7b4dd91f4aaac715df9f7be.JPG

Seriously running the best cycle I've ever seen it run. Tomahawk is easily the best flat in the park.

IMG_1745.thumb.JPG.193c5bfc34fe7ba30f41db8194ca271b.JPG

Fireball was testing, looking all bright and shiny.

IMG_1746.thumb.JPG.f25243dd2d694d852d2e25c18747dd49.JPG

We finally found someone who let us wait for row 1! We were shocked until they told us they were a Great Adventure op going back in a few weeks. No wonder they actually care about guest service.

IMG_1747.thumb.JPG.612a4d6ae1362957ce2d3a96ca8a36f9.JPG

They had a cool BMX show going on in front of Splashwater falls.

IMG_1748.thumb.JPG.0b14a37c6ea4126f5732bc94af0cc34b.JPG

All about the pain train!

IMG_1749.thumb.JPG.626b2fdf45a0787e9d03a8f427a7ba81.JPG

Awesome ride! Sky Screamer is great too but we didn't get a chance to take a ride.

We finally found someone who let us wait for row 1! We were shocked until they told us they were a Great Adventure op going back in a few weeks. No wonder they actually care about guest service.

I usually ask for front and get it every time (well, I only visit on weekdays...) but that's nice!

Barely any lines today so far. I got on superman 3x (1x front row) and did thunderbolt all in the first hour of being open. Wicked cyclone is definitely my favorite ride in the park.

After being on superman for the first time this weekend I really don't understand why they are doing virtual reality to that ride. I've been on the virtual reality ride in six flags over Texas and didn't think it was anything special. The headsets are going to kill the load times for the trains and the graphics themselves look like a playstation 1 game. The ride is so much fun as it is I can't imagine wanting to look at a cell phone screen with the giant headsets for the entire ride. I'm really curious to see the reviews from everyone here when it starts.

Wicked cyclone is so much fun that I may come back one day just to ride that and maybe go on superman 1x with the vr just to see the superman version since I've already seen the fighter jet one.

I ended up getting Flash Pass today about 1:00 or so. The lines were way too long by then. I discovered Mind Eraser is just as painful in the front row as it is in the back. I also discovered that Batman the Dark Knight is quite rough compared to Bizarro at SFGAdv and Hydra at Dorney. My three favorite coasters in the park are Wicked Cyclone, Superman the Ride, and Pandemonium.

Mind Eraser was TERRIBLE yesterday and I have no clue why the hell I went on it. I swear that I wasn't far from getting cauliflower ear with the way that that thing was slamming my ears. Superman and WC were running great, however, and not having Bizarro's wack audio blaring in my ear is a huge plus. I ducked out early because a). I was on my way back from Philly and extremely tired and hungry and b). the place was absolutely SLAMMED by about four. I was the dude in the Aborted shirt if anyone saw me, though I was only there for a few hours.