TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Any word from the park on when they plan on phasing in the VR? I'm starting to plan my annual visit, and I'd like to visit before this gimmick comes in and takes Superman's already sluggish operations and grinds them to a glacial pace.

When I went the operations were painfully slow, the staff wasn't helpful or friendly at all, and worst of all, they had this stupid policy! Even some other Six Flags parks don't have all of these problems. And out of the four I've been to, SFNE is the only one with the no-choosing-your-seat rule. I'm pretty sure the park has a new head of operations this season who used to work at the Great Escape. And that park is much friendlier and their rules aren't as stupid. So there might be some hope left that the new guy isn't smoking as much crack as the last one.

Any word from the park on when they plan on phasing in the VR? I'm starting to plan my annual visit, and I'd like to visit before this gimmick comes in and takes Superman's already sluggish operations and grinds them to a glacial pace.

I'm with you on that. It starts on June 11th. I'm planning to visit before then too because Superman's operations are already horrendous.

When I went the operations were painfully slow, the staff wasn't helpful or friendly at all, and worst of all, they had this stupid policy! Even some other Six Flags parks don't have all of these problems. And out of the four I've been to, SFNE is the only one with the no-choosing-your-seat rule. I'm pretty sure the park has a new head of operations this season who used to work at the Great Escape. And that park is much friendlier and their rules aren't as stupid. So there might be some hope left that the new guy isn't smoking as much crack as the last one.

Your SFNE experience was typical. I disagree though, I think Great Escape had the worst operations of any park I've ever seen in my life. The only exception is the Comet. Boomerang, Mine Train and Demon all averaged 7 minute dispatches when we were there (on a Fright Fest Saturday) and Alpine Bobsled... god damn.

I'm looking to come up next weekend and do all Saturday and Sunday (16th and 17th) how will the crowds be? Id rather not get a flash pass. I've never been to this park before but from reading some of the the past few pages it seems superman and wicked cyclone are the two I should hit up first. I'm really surprised you can't pick your own row. I'll deal but I like to try to ride front/back row on every ride for my first two times on them.

Man I would so hate it if SFGAdv had groupers. Lametown to the max.

I wonder if you could slip one of them a fiver for a back row ride, teenagers are usually an easy bribe.

It's not necessarly a discount package. Red/purple are naturally lesser precvieved colors by our eyes. Green is more noticable. And the light polution from the lamps beneath the ride make it look spotty (for lack of a better term).

Sure, SF could be neutering the brightness to save money. But the light package is cool anyway.

I'm looking to come up next weekend and do all Saturday and Sunday (16th and 17th) how will the crowds be? Id rather not get a flash pass. I've never been to this park before but from reading some of the the past few pages it seems superman and wicked cyclone are the two I should hit up first. I'm really surprised you can't pick your own row. I'll deal but I like to try to ride front/back row on every ride for my first two times on them.

Assuming it's open (doubtful)... you should ride Goliath first and ask for row 1. If you get there early they might let you wait.

Every other row is terrible and brutally rough but row 1 kind of rules.

You won't need Flash Pass.

I'm with you on that. It starts on June 11th. I'm planning to visit before then too because Superman's operations are already horrendous.

After adding more staff and retraining everybody to deal with the new headsets, operations on Superman actually improve.

I might get crap for this but whatever, just my personal opinion.

Those are the worst looking coaster trains I have ever seen in my life.

You're not alone on this... I think they are awful. Not to mention I showed my partner this photo:

image_13976.jpg

and he said "Why is there a lead car in the middle of the train??"

I said "There's not... It's . . . Six Flags." Then explained everything that has happened from this coaster being Superman, then not Superman and losing seats, then back to Superman and not gaining the previously existing but lost seats...

5174307.jpg

I'm at the park now. There were some opening day hiccups. The park was listed to open online at 10, but they didn't let people in until 10:15ish and Superman opened at 10:45 for season pass holders. Unfortunately it is just running one train today (the red one is still on the brake run with dummies).

The ride looks amazing in its old red glory. The park added some daily planet newspaper snippets along the ride's course and installed speakers next to the brake run and lift hill that plays the Superman theme on loop. The restraint molding looks different but it feels the same as Bizarro.

The ride itself was great as ever. I got 1 ride in the backseat and the coaster reminded me why it's one of the best. So I know the question you all want to hear- Superman or Bizarro. The ride didn't feel much different, but that isn't a bad thing since Bizarro was still fantastic. Maybe it's smoother but I honestly couldn't tell.

Overall, the relaunch looks to be a success from a marketing standpoint and it should get better when VR comes (from a ride standpoint, operations standpoint to be determined). Superman is a much more recognizable name and the ride looks much better in red. And as always it's one heck of a coaster.

image.thumb.jpeg.12a43ab838af7a5dd05f5c3bbd367355.jpeg

Red looks much better!

image.thumb.jpeg.6304241e09dca9817a7405489c9ae432.jpeg

The first train made it back.

image.thumb.jpeg.b506e580fc72bbd87938fe0895d0c97c.jpeg

The red train isn't being used today and you can see the dummies in the back.

image.thumb.jpeg.689145ba1509c29dd4ad31606f1cc6f7.jpeg

I know they've reused this logo at other parks but it never gets old.

image.thumb.jpeg.2bb95c1e7ba7779031ff7a1965ba3e02.jpeg

Hi Superman!

image.thumb.jpeg.6b5b818b382d7a1ea5b5ab41c291ad8c.jpeg

The S is back!

image.thumb.jpeg.a259303e1c2a53a82727b94cb3e4c36f.jpeg

The new molding looks and feels different. Less bulky.

image.thumb.jpeg.a36fb30b699adf0a0e030fa7619618a6.jpeg

S shields remain.