TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

They did say on ride so my guess would be the brake run.

That makes sense to me... after all if they put it on the brake run they could make it a really long clip because you'd have a ton of time to sit and listen to it.

If Superman can win back #1, it would be a huge success for the park. Saying that you have the number one coaster in the world gives you a lot of tug when it comes to marketing and advertising. Number two only just makes a guest wonder what the number one coaster is.

IMO, Superman beats Millennium Force by a long shot whether it's themed to Superman, Bizarro, or even Wonder Woman. That's the opinion of a lot of people. But the experience of the ride effects rankings a lot. Hopefully the park isn't just slapping paint on here and removing the speakers. If they want number one back, they have to make sure the trains (which are still fairly new) are running in tip-top condition.

If Superman can win back #1, it would be a huge success for the park. Saying that you have the number one coaster in the world gives you a lot of tug when it comes to marketing and advertising. Number two only just makes a guest wonder what the number one coaster is.

IMO, Superman beats Millennium Force by a long shot whether it's themed to Superman, Bizarro, or even Wonder Woman. That's the opinion of a lot of people. But the experience of the ride effects rankings a lot. Hopefully the park isn't just slapping paint on here and removing the speakers. If they want number one back, they have to make sure the trains (which are still fairly new) are running in tip-top condition.

I agree Superman/Bizarro is better than MF, but the.rattling takes away from Superman a bit. MF was smooth as butter when I rode it last year. If they can fix that rattle, Superman will hands down be the superior ride. In its current state it's just slightly better

I agree Superman/Bizarro is better than MF, but the.rattling takes away from Superman a bit. MF was smooth as butter when I rode it last year. If they can fix that rattle, Superman will hands down be the superior ride. In its current state it's just slightly better

I agree. Bizarro/Superman rattles but its intensity more than makes up for it. MF is smooth but it is boring and the only good part is the first drop. I'm hoping that it gets at least new restraints for the next time I come back.

Just my opinion. Everyone of course has their own thoughts and I respect that. I just think that Superman has a lot more to its layout than MF. MF gets really repetitive after the first drop with all the overbanks and drawn out hills. Superman has more pops of air and texture with the different curves. The only thing MF has extra is the height and speed, but that doesn't matter much to me when judging a coaster.

I just hope that they can work with the trains to get a better ride. Somehow even with first generation trains, I've never had a bad ride on Millennium.

MF > Superman, for no other reason than the abysmal train design on Superman.

Always and forever, until SFNE reverts the trains to their original design. When the trains are fixed, then and only then would I consider changing my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

The park is working hard on getting the park ready for 2016, looking good!

715603503_desktop1.jpg.8d0f0f1ce9380613c3d1fa0c09a27404.jpg

This might take the record for the earliest start to construction on a super loop!

desktop.thumb.jpg.5d975ddffcbfeadf127e7cd8f643f570.jpg

Looks like they might be making the loading platform at ground level.. would be great if they did that!

1.) Superman is looking amazing!!

2.) If they are making the loading platform at ground level, at least this may take away some of the "carnival" feel from the ride, and make it feel like more of a permanent instalation.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...