TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I think that is what they are doing. The top of the hill looks like it is old paint and the bottom part looks freshly painted. Hopefully they get rid of all the purple on the tracks.

We will see about the supports, but they probably don't really need to. Maybe touch up a few spots but the blue on the supports still looks really good. I would rather have them put more time into painting the track than the supports.

The new paint will look great.. but it still doesn't solve the real thing that is holding this ride back: the horrendous restraint pads and headrests. Still desperately hoping they make some changes, because if I don't I will be losing all hope of this ride returning to its full former glory..

Well the audio is being removed, and that is most of the issue. I am sure they are also going to strip the trains down and replace stuff as well. I can easily see new restraints (not different) because the ones now look pretty bad, same with the seats. I wish they would get a smaller restraint like it was designed to have (like Toros) as well but I can't see them doing that. But you never know.

I just got back from SFNE and it was quite crowded, but I still managed to get some last rides in. I arrived around 6:00 and left around 10:30. The wait times for Bizarro and WC were both about an hour long, and in the cold, it's never too fun.

But the first ride I got on was Wicked Cyclone and the orange train was absolutely cooking. However, much like the ride staff, the blue train was noticeably louder and seemed to be moving slower. Dispatch time ran anywhere between 2.5-3 minutes, so it left much to be desired. I was second from the back on the orange train and it was well worth it.

Working my way through the crowd and characters, I made my way to Bizarro and that was roughly an hour wait as well. But it was moving at a decent clip. I would say dispatch was every minute and a half on average. I was able to score a back seat ride. It was running well, and for a plus, there was no audio, which made the ride much more enjoyable (however, the god damn rattling of the audio equipment is the worst. Every single one rattles).

I made my way over to "How Much Do You Hate Yourself" Central aka Mind Eraser and it was a walk on. I managed 5 rides within 15 minutes. Big up to the Mind Eraser crew; they were moving quick. A minute dispatch at most. I grabbed the back every time. I didn't bother with any of the haunts and the characters were the usual chainsaw/shovel brigade. The scariest part of the night was the fact that I went on a Vekoma ride more than once.

I was with a group so we went on the Teacups and Tomahawk, and left for the night.

Good way to wrap the season; looking forward to 2016.

Wicked Cyclone x1

Bizarro x1

Mind Eraser x5

I was thinking of heading out to SFNE today was wondering how the crowds have been on Sunday's this fright fest. I am not sure whether to go to SFNE as I have season passes, or Lake Compounce which I would have to pay. If SF has been packed then I would rather go to LC.

I was thinking of heading out to SFNE today was wondering how the crowds have been on Sunday's this fright fest. I am not sure whether to go to SFNE as I have season passes, or Lake Compounce which I would have to pay. If SF has been packed then I would rather go to LC.

They might be lighter if it's rainy or particularly cold, but odds are that it'll still be slammed.

On Bizarro, they have either started to strip off, or put on, new paint on the track, so you can start to see how it will look next season! There are various things that have been (at least partially) repainted, such as light posts, the support beams in the station (no more horrendous cobwebs!), and trim/accent colors on doors and walls. Of course, they have also stopped the audio, and the giant Bizarro art on the tunnel of the first drop has been removed. I'm so excited to see the changes, tell me what you think of them!

On Bizarro, they have either started to strip off, or put on, new paint on the track, so you can start to see how it will look next season! There are various things that have been (at least partially) repainted, such as light posts, the support beams in the station (no more horrendous cobwebs!), and trim/accent colors on doors and walls. Of course, they have also stopped the audio, and the giant Bizarro art on the tunnel of the first drop has been removed. I'm so excited to see the changes, tell me what you think of them!

RIP Purplecoaster ;_;

I was at the park on Saturday for the first time and had a great time. The park has some great rides and has a beautiful setting; the views on Bizzaro''s lift and especially on Sky Screamer are amazing! My only minor problem was with the Q-bot. As soon as I got it I reserved Goliath, and before I rode I reserved Wicked Cyclone. After Goliath, I was on my way to Wicked Cyclone and almost at the entrance when it vibrated and said "Not Rented, Please Return." So I walked back to the Flash Pass center and they fixed it. I really wanted to ride Wicked Cyclone so I reserved it and started walking back again and when I was at the stairs in front of Sky Screamer it vibrated again and said "Not Rented, Please Return." So I turned around and walked all the way back again and this time they gave me a new one which worked the rest of the day. It was frustrating as I spent a half-hour walking back and forth from WC to the front gate but the new one worked fine the rest of the day. As far as ride ops, they were ok. Not terrible, but not great either. While at Wicked Cyclone, the op on the mic announced that this was their 20th cycle in an hour and was sincerely congratulating the rest of the ops. IMO, 3 minute dispatches isn't that impressive. Though to be fair, there were a lot of people coming up the exit with ride passes that forced the ops to leave certain rows empty when letting people in from the line. This was happening a lot which I found odd. Why are people going up the exit and not the flash pass line if they have a line pass? Anyway, onto the rides:

Wicked Cyclone (x8): This lived up to the hype. It was my first RMC and there were times it literally felt like the ride was trying to eject me from the seat. What I love about this ride is how it keeps a high speed the entire time. The speed it takes some of the elements on the ride is just insane. It's the best ride in the park IMO.

Bizzaro (x6): This also lived up to the hype as well. The long, sustained ejector air over the main airtime hills really separate it from Wicked Cyclone. My only issue was the trains/restraints. I'm 6'2, which isn't abnormally tall, but the lap bar sat only half way down my thighs and not near my waist which felt a little awkward. I definitely understand why there is a max. height requirement too. On my last run I was slouching a bit in the seat and the ride op stapled me in and my restraint actually went into my gut, though my knees were now pushed right out into the box in front of the seat. That entire ride my knees were slamming into that box so bad, I actually had to put my hands over my knees to absorb the impact. New trains or better restraints would also really help make this ride more comfortable, though it's not that bad as it is. (Bizzaro was also down a lot. I was stuck on the break run for 15 minutes with a train stuck only 50 feet up the lift. I saw this happen another time, and my Q-bot kept going off saying it was closed multiple times.)

Batman (x5): I think this ride is under-rated. It was a really fun, smooth ride with great inversions.

Goliath (x2): My first ride was in the front and was amazing! I loved it. At night I decided to ride again, though the flash pass attendant put me in the last line since there were only 3 in line there. I was nervous because I had read on here that the front is the only good row. Well, that information is 100% true. I felt like I was riding a paint shaker. It blows my mind how there can be such a ride difference between the front and the back. It's too bad because without the shaking it would be such a great ride.

Flashback (x1): Wasn't as good as my first ride on Goliath, but way better than my second.

Pandemonium (x1): Fun family ride. I rode with 2 kids and their dad and the kids' reactions were hilarious.

Thunderbolt (x1): Another fun family ride.

Mind Eraser (x1): A Maverick or Ispeed style coaster would be a much better use of space, and that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Scream (x2): I love drop/launch towers, this one didn't disappoint.

Sky Screamer (x1): Great views, the high winds were causing the swings to sway a lot too which was fun.

Overall I had a great time. SFNE has a real winner on their hands with Wicked Cyclone, and although I doubt it, it would be nice if they gave Bizzaro new trains with this re-theme.

And now for 2 crappy vertical Iphone pics.

IMG_1078.thumb.JPG.61dffee4cf85675678f06dea6a3872f0.JPG

What a beautiful pole.

IMG_1081.thumb.JPG.69eef6d310607300cb7c0854f3e8a687.JPG

2 trains, 1 photo. That's as artsy as I get.

Though I am looking forward to whatever they do with Bizarro/Superman, I dearly hope they put something back over the tunnel on the first drop. By the way, are there still rumors of Six Flags working with Intamin on some new trains for Bizarro (soon to be Superman)? I always thought that whole idea was a little far fetched but if there's been some development, I would love to hear about it.

I was at the park on Saturday for the first time and had a great time. The park has some great rides and has a beautiful setting; the views on Bizzaro''s lift and especially on Sky Screamer are amazing! My only minor problem was with the Q-bot. As soon as I got it I reserved Goliath, and before I rode I reserved Wicked Cyclone. After Goliath, I was on my way to Wicked Cyclone and almost at the entrance when it vibrated and said "Not Rented, Please Return." So I walked back to the Flash Pass center and they fixed it. I really wanted to ride Wicked Cyclone so I reserved it and started walking back again and when I was at the stairs in front of Sky Screamer it vibrated again and said "Not Rented, Please Return." So I turned around and walked all the way back again and this time they gave me a new one which worked the rest of the day. It was frustrating as I spent a half-hour walking back and forth from WC to the front gate but the new one worked fine the rest of the day. As far as ride ops, they were ok. Not terrible, but not great either. While at Wicked Cyclone, the op on the mic announced that this was their 20th cycle in an hour and was sincerely congratulating the rest of the ops. IMO, 3 minute dispatches isn't that impressive. Though to be fair, there were a lot of people coming up the exit with ride passes that forced the ops to leave certain rows empty when letting people in from the line. This was happening a lot which I found odd. Why are people going up the exit and not the flash pass line if they have a line pass? Anyway, onto the rides:

That's pretty awful. That makes that crew the worst out of the four newer RMC's. 20 cycles is a low hour at Goliath and Medusa, and I assume TC as well. What are they possibly doing that they're moving so much slower than their counterparts? Are you sure you heard 20? And not 25 or 30?

That's pretty awful. That makes that crew the worst out of the four newer RMC's. 20 cycles is a low hour at Goliath and Medusa, and I assume TC as well. What are they possibly doing that they're moving so much slower than their counterparts? Are you sure you heard 20? And not 25 or 30?

I agree! I was also there on Saturday and found the same results for Wicked Cyclone. It seemed to take about 2.5-3 minutes per dispatch or more! If I had been there when they made that announcement, it would have taken everything in me to not scoff at how laughable that it. It was weird though, because when I rode Mind Eraser, that crew was god damn quick. They were sending out trains every 30-45 seconds tops. I did about 5 rides within the span of 15 minutes.

I agree! I was also there on Saturday and found the same results for Wicked Cyclone. It seemed to take about 2.5-3 minutes per dispatch or more! If I had been there when they made that announcement, it would have taken everything in me to not scoff at how laughable that it. It was weird though, because when I rode Mind Eraser, that crew was god damn quick. They were sending out trains every 30-45 seconds tops. I did about 5 rides within the span of 15 minutes.

Well those RMC trains are the worst trains that have been designed in recent history so I can't exactly blame them for not getting very good hours but 20 is still really low. And you've got to think about how much easier it is to check restraints on mind eraser. That's why they can dispatch so much quicker.