TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Apparently the trains will remain the same. I hope they know it's going to take more than paint to fix this ride. And the music better be on the lift/brakes only. Enough of the onboard audio nonsense.

I emailed Jen, the amazing spokeswomen and she said the trains will stay the same, but will receive many upgrades and enhancements for a better ride experience.

Good! The purple looked dumb on this.

Was Bizarro really a well known character in the U.S. for non comic book readers? Out of all the super-hero rides there have been for Marvel/D.C. over the years when they announced the Bizarro re-themes way back, it was the only one where I had to go look up who that was.

Edited by Garet

^The episode doesn't revolve around the villain Bizarro anyways. They used the term Bizarro to mean opposite in a way.

I'm very glad to see Superman return. The park really let Bizarro go to crap quickly. Hopefully they can take care of it this time. (What am I kidding? This is Six Flags we're talking about)

I'm very glad to see Superman return. The park really let Bizarro go to crap quickly. Hopefully they can take care of it this time. (What am I kidding? This is Six Flags we're talking about)

Considering that they're pretty much keeping the current audio trains, I'd be willing to bet imaginary money that it will end up being just as apparently "meh" that it is now after a few years.

You have to give Six Flags' corporate marketing credit... They know well that the general guest will see this announcement and think that this is the first time Bizarro has been changed. I love that they actually used the old photos of Superman for this "new" announcement. Nothing like knowing your audience...

You have to give Six Flags' corporate marketing credit... They know well that the general guest will see this announcement and think that this is the first time Bizarro has been changed. I love that they actually used the old photos of Superman for this "new" announcement. Nothing like knowing your audience...

They also used photos of the one at Six Flags America.

All the promo images were current photos of SFA's Superman. You can tell because of the 8-car trains and the airtime finale picture. Anyways, I hope they remove the on board audio and switch to audio from the lift itself, burin won't get my hopes up. Glad to see at least a new flat ride which goes against this parks' love for removing them. Not a bad announcement at all and a good follow up to Wicked Cyclone.

Too bad they are getting rid of the Bizarro theme and colors. I thought it looked cool, and there are so many Superman named coaters already. On another note, Six Flags is adding lot of non-coaster Larson Loops to its parks, and trying to pass them off as coasters. I don't think so.

Too bad they are getting rid of the Bizarro theme and colors. I thought it looked cool, and there are so many Superman named coaters already. On another note, Six Flags is adding lot of non-coaster Larson Loops to its parks, and trying to pass them off as coasters. I don't think so.

Yeah, there's a hope of enthusiasts the Bizzaro will somehow return to it's iconic S:ROS glory, unfortunately, so long as those trains and bulky audio-system stay, I don't think so. Still, the purple looked wonky and GP still call it Superman. Bring him back!

Hooray! This park is actually adding a flat ride! If they want to call it a coaster that doesn't matter to me at all, it's still a flat ride and the park desperately needs it.

THIS! SFNE used to have a fairly impressive flat ride collection, but removed much of it over the last decade. Glad to see them finally get something added!

All around a solid gain for SFNE. Super Loops are a lot of fun, and it'll be a great addition to the park's lineup ("coaster" or not). Great to see the Superman reconversion, but I'm going to reserve full judgment until I see what they do with the trains. I honestly don't care if they keep the audio, but I'd like to see something done with the restraints, too. Otherwise it won't be as meaningful for me.

I've got a question. Anytime season passes are advertised at other parks, perks are listed in the following way:

Unlimited admission to Six Flags New England

Unlimited admission to ALL Six Flags theme parks

Why is SFNE always listed separately?

Edited by michaellynn4

When the video said 'Double the feature, double the fun' I honestly thought they were going to announce interlocking Larson Loops.

That would be neat! The east coasts first high five element super loop! Call the advertising directors at six flags. We got a hell of an idea for them!