TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

..... Goliath's still down and will probably continue to be down for the rest of the season....

Nooooooooo!!!!!! Noooooo!!!!

I will make thousands of kilometers to visit this park and that can´t be true, nooooooo!!!!!! Please open at the end of August please

I'm sure I'm supposed to credit someone for this picture but I have no idea who took it... it's just floating around the internet but if anyone knows please let me know and I'll edit the post.

Anyway in it's new form I don't care if this piece of crap never opens again.

:lol:

I'm sure I'm supposed to credit someone for this picture but I have no idea who took it... it's just floating around the internet but if anyone knows please let me know and I'll edit the post.

Anyway in it's new form I don't care if this piece of crap never opens again.

Me either. That ride was pure hell.

I always wonder how they do that, please send out like a mass email to all the general managers of all the other parks and say hey who wants déjà vu?

Well wonder no more... Allow me to explain... this is probably how it went. Ignore the fact that email addresses don't really work this way, lol.

To: rides.@sixflags.com

Hey guys, we have a "first of it's kind" innovative attraction up for grabs if anyone wants it. It's a thrill ride called Deja Vu! Free to a good home.

To: rides.@sixflags.com

CC: rides.@sixflags.com/america, rides.@sixflags.com/discoverykingdom, rides.@sixflags.com/greatadventure, rides.@sixflags.com/fiestatexas, rides.@sixflags.com/greatamerica, rides.@sixflags.com/overgeorgia, rides.@sixflags.com/overtexas, rides.@sixflags.com/stlouis, paseos.@sixflags.com/mexico, ces-choses-nous-ne-maintenir.@sixflags.com/laronde

Hey guys, I just wanted to see if my emails were going through, I didn't get a response from anyone. Please let me know. ALso, let me know if you want Deja Vu! We can ship on Monday

To: rides.@sixflags.com/magicmountain

CC: rides.@sixflags.com/america, rides.@sixflags.com/discoverykingdom, rides.@sixflags.com/greatadventure, rides.@sixflags.com/fiestatexas, rides.@sixflags.com/greatamerica, rides.@sixflags.com/overgeorgia, rides.@sixflags.com/overtexas, rides.@sixflags.com/stlouis, paseos.@sixflags.com/mexico, ces-choses-nous-ne-maintenir.@sixflags.com/laronde, rides.@sixflags.com/newengland, rides.@sixflags.com/greatescape

No habla ingles

CC: rides.@sixflags.com/america, rides.@sixflags.com/discoverykingdom, rides.@sixflags.com/greatadventure, rides.@sixflags.com/fiestatexas, rides.@sixflags.com/greatamerica, rides.@sixflags.com/overgeorgia, rides.@sixflags.com/overtexas, rides.@sixflags.com/stlouis, paseos.@sixflags.com/mexico, ces-choses-nous-ne-maintenir.@sixflags.com/laronde, rides.@sixflags.com/newengland

Why wasn't I cced on this?

To: rides.@sixflags.com/greatescape

CC: rides.@sixflags.com/america, rides.@sixflags.com/discoverykingdom, rides.@sixflags.com/greatadventure, rides.@sixflags.com/fiestatexas, rides.@sixflags.com/greatamerica, rides.@sixflags.com/overgeorgia, rides.@sixflags.com/overtexas, rides.@sixflags.com/stlouis, paseos.@sixflags.com/mexico, ces-choses-nous-ne-maintenir.@sixflags.com/laronde, rides.@sixflags.com/newengland

Because you're never getting a new coaster... LOL!

Why wasn't I cced on this?

To: rides.@sixflags.com/newengland

CC: rides.@sixflags.com/america, rides.@sixflags.com/discoverykingdom, rides.@sixflags.com/greatadventure, rides.@sixflags.com/fiestatexas, rides.@sixflags.com/greatamerica, rides.@sixflags.com/overgeorgia, rides.@sixflags.com/overtexas, rides.@sixflags.com/stlouis, paseos.@sixflags.com/mexico, ces-choses-nous-ne-maintenir.@sixflags.com/laronde, rides.@sixflags.com/greatescape

Because it would have to go near your other boomerang and we all figured that would look really stupid.

But I want it!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

To: rides.@sixflags.com/newengland

No! That would look really stupid!

PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!! PLEEEEEEEEASE I WANT IT! GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE

I mean, it's not Ideal but we'll take it.

Shut up Great Escape. Okay fine... since Nobody else wants it Six Flags New England can have it. ugh... now stop emailing me.

I'm beginning to wonder if Flashback hasn't been removed largely because it was intended to be a contingency plan if Goliath ever started having serious problems. In light of the indefinite downtime, this doesn't seem totally far-fetched. It WAS a good ride with the old trains and isn't awful now if you're tall; if you're short, however, prepare for pain. Lots and lots of pain.

I'm surprised Goliath wasn't sent out of the chain along with its sisters at Georgia and Illinois. Shame really. The water ride it replaced was probably more reliable.

Edit: Had the GIB at the Six Flags Parks been successful from the get go, I wonder if more would have been added to other parks in the chain like SFGAd, SFOT, SFStL, and SFNE (obviously not the one they have now). I guess we will never know.

Don't even say that... don't get my hopes up that they'll do the one ridiculously obvious and easy thing that could make this piece of crap a great ride. They'd much rather waste a ton of time and money screwing around with these Premier trains.

I'm not saying the old trains weren't a maintenance nightmare (not that I'm an expert), but from the outside looking in these seem to be worse between the constant downtime, delays and the fact that they were removing seats over the course of the season which I've never seen before (not roping seats off... like removing them, they were totally gone).

I went to the park yesterday and here's my trip report:

My mother and I entered the park around 10:30 and went straight to Wicked Cyclone. I immediately fell in love with all the theming elements they put in, everything from the plane in the queue to the station filled with newspapers were just perfect. The ride itself was very fun in my opinion (9 out of 10), so much so that I decided to go on a second time, both of which were 5 minutes or less of waiting with two trains running. After that, we immediately hit up the NE SkyScreamer and Pandemonium, each with less than 20 minute waits. Unfortunately, Goliath is still closed due to ongoing technical difficulties, which meant a short ride on the Scrambler for us instead. After some lunch outside of the park, we went straight to Batman: The Dark Knight, which I wasn't able to go on during my previous visit along with Mind Eraser which was next up. Dark Knight was fun, but felt like it was over so quickly, so it gets an 8 out of 10 in my book.

Next up was Bizarro, and I'm still jealous that you guys got to keep your sound system while the Bizarro in Great Adventure got rid of theirs. After three consecutive rides and one ride on Gauntlet, we decided to just walk around the park for the heck of it and eventually ended up walking onto Kontiki, which was a pleasant surprise, Joker's Wildcard, then I rode Tomahawk by myself. We also briefly caught a glimpse of a magic show that was going on around 2:00 that was cute and very child-oriented. My mother decided to sit the rest of the day out, so I ended up finishing the day with Thunderbolt, Flashback, and another ride on Bizarro. All in all, it was a very satisfying day with perfect weather to boot.

Final Rating: 5 out of 6 Flags.

Ridelist: Bizarro 4x

Wicked Cyclone 2x

Batman The Dark Knight 1x

Mind Eraser 1x

Thunderbolt 1x

Pandemonium 1x

Flashback 1x

Gotham City Gauntlet 1x

NE SkyScreamer 1x

Joker's Wildcard 1x

Kontiki 1x

Tomahawk 1x

Scrambler 1x

I'll post my pictures momentarily...

Edited by Zack44

Fright Fest prep is always a good sign.

Kudos!

Loving the theming!

Loving the station!

Magic show!

Incoming!

Whachu lookin' at?!

Bonus: my winnings for the day!

Thanks for reading!

Nice shots Zack!

I'll be making my first trip up there next Tuesday -- how were the crowds overall yesterday? I'm hoping that it'll be smooth sailing for quick re-rides with no Flash Passing. Really looking forward to Wicked Cyclone as it'll be my first RMC and all I've heard is nothing but endless gushing over them, so I have very high expectations.

Twisted Colossus 2x

Mind Eraser 1x

Thunderbolt 1x

Pandemonium 1x

Flashback 1x

Gotham City Gauntlet 1x

NE SkyScreamer 1x

Joker's Wildcard 1x

Kontiki 1x

Tomahawk 1x

Scrambler 1x

They moved Twisted Colossus to SFNE? Wow, two RMCs in one park. I have to get back here. No worries, names are pretty similar. Nices pictures BTW.

Visited the park today. Bizarro is running well. The iPhone is gone from Batman's loop, but is replaced by what looks like a handheld vaporizer. It can be easily spotted by the front row; watch for it about 3/4 way through the first inversion. It's just sitting on a track tie, nestled up against the spine.

The ride-op for Houdini was hamming it up throughout the pre-show. Very funny guy!

Twisted Colossus 2x

Mind Eraser 1x

Thunderbolt 1x

Pandemonium 1x

Flashback 1x

Gotham City Gauntlet 1x

NE SkyScreamer 1x

Joker's Wildcard 1x

Kontiki 1x

Tomahawk 1x

Scrambler 1x

They moved Twisted Colossus to SFNE? Wow, two RMCs in one park. I have to get back here. No worries, names are pretty similar. Nices pictures BTW.

Oopsie daisies!! I just corrected it now. Thanks for the feedback!